Northern Cambria
✟23,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, My name is Chance. In the last few days, I’ve written a few posts. The subject of these writings has been much the same. Ive been looking for answers. Why doesn’t God seem to be with me always? Why do I struggle so much? Why Can’t I seem to find God and his promises?

Well, this morning I was woken up with the words in my practice Sermon. A sermon that just so happened to come to my mind this very morning.

I haven’t been staying with God. I am guilty of walking back into the world when things start to get Good. I become stagnant in my faith and start falling into temptation. It’s for this reason that I believe God has been teaching me to rely on him. To still pray “God, please have mercy on me and help me”, no matter how good things are. Because in all honesty, it’s God who gave us those things in the first place.

I have been neglecting to count what blessings I do have and focusing on things that don’t matter, according to God. Worry not, fear not, be anxious for nothing. Instead of seeking to find the answers, I’ve been giving in to self pity and belief that all hope is lost when God IS our hope. The one who parted the Red Sea and created a virgin birth and rose in three days from the dead. The one who resurrected people and healed and forgave sins. The one who has done many wonderful works in my own life. Who taught me things beyond what I could ever have known. Who showed me love beyond what I could ever understand. I confess that I have trust issues, even with God. But that doesn’t mean that it’s all over or that I’ve lost the battle. Or even that God can’t be trusted. Especially not that. Even if my fragile mind doubts it.

I may not have all the answers. I may still have many questions. I may not know where things will lead. But now I realize this, God is me, if I follow him. And through him, I will find everything I need. Praise be to God!