Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
One major reason I left Christianity and belief in it's God, was due to the struggles of mental illness (Schizophrenia)
I would become progressively unwell the more I entertained biblical belief's, that became apparent after each relapse.

If only God would heal me, then my mind would be fit to believe without falling ill, but healing never came. Then in the end I was left to pick up the pieces of my shattered mind, and put it back together the best way I could.

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
It was brave of you to share your mental illness with us and I'm sorry God did not answer your prayer in the way you wanted.

Sometimes I pray for Him to take away some aspects of disability but I think in my case it humbles me to have them like Jacob's hip and limp or Paul's thorns. Without thr constant reminder I'd grow proud and set off on my own.

• Agree
Reactions: crossnote
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
One major reason I left Christianity and belief in it's God, was due to the struggles of mental illness (Schizophrenia)
I would become progressively unwell the more I entertained biblical belief's, that became apparent after each relapse.

If only God would heal me, then my mind would be fit to believe without falling ill, but healing never came. Then in the end I was left to pick up the pieces of my shattered mind, and put it back together the best way I could.
Good insight mate. Religion/Christianity is not for everyone perhaps. If it does you more harm than good.
:crossrc:

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
It was brave of you to share your mental illness with us and I'm sorry God did not answer your prayer in the way you wanted.

Sometimes I pray for Him to take away some aspects of disability but I think in my case it humbles me to have them like Jacob's hip and limp or Paul's thorns. Without the constant reminder I'd grow proud and set off on my own.
You do think along those lines when you're trying to find plausible reasons why your God doesn't heal you.

Reactions: Saint Beloved
Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Good insight mate. Religion/Christianity is not for everyone perhaps. If it does you more harm than good.
:crossrc:
Oddly enough, I seemed to have a reverse conversion. Where I died, and was reborn into a new person after l completely let go of my old beliefs.

Upvote 0

PKFox

Child of God
Apr 24, 2017
Michigan
✟20,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You do think along those lines when you're trying to find plausible reasons why your God doesn't heal you.
Sometimes God just chooses to say "no" or "wait" because He has other plans in store for you. He can use your mental illness in ways that, right now, you have no idea about.

Also, it's never too late for Him to heal you.

• Agree
Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Sometimes God just chooses to say "no" or "wait" because He has other plans in store for you. He can use your mental illness in ways that, right now, you have no idea about.

Also, it's never too late for Him to heal you.
Yes I know, he's extremely busy.

Upvote 0

PKFox

Child of God
Apr 24, 2017
Michigan
✟20,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes I know, he's extremely busy.
(I'm sensing sarcasm here, but I'm not sure if it's intended...)

God is never too busy for you. He hears every prayer and has more power than we can imagine. He's able to do so much, but He doesn't interfere with this world as much as we may like Him to because of how free will and, as a result, sin, have changed this world for the worse. As a result of sin in the world, people have to suffer from sometimes unbearable things. However, God is willing to help when we ask Him, He just may have something different in mind for us than we'd like right now, so He refuses to do something until a later time, or will give us something different than what we wanted.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oddly enough, I seemed to have a reverse conversion. Where I died, and was reborn into a new person after l completely let go of my old beliefs.
Out of curiosity, who gave you that 'new birth into a new person' when you completely let go of your old beliefs?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anderia, the alien.
Well being a Deist, I suppose it wouldn't have been God...at least not something you could admit and still profess being a Deist. Or am I wrong?

DEISM:The belief that God has created the universe but remains apart from it and permits his creation to administer itself through natural laws. Deism thus rejects the supernatural aspects of religion, such as belief in revelation in the Bible, and stresses the importance of ethical conduct. -Dictionary.com

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Well being a Deist, I suppose it wouldn't have been God...at least not something you could admit and still profess being a Deist. Or am I wrong?
Well, it's just a label. I'm under the impression that all these near Godly interventions and experiences are caused by other human being's in our electrical signaling network.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, it's just a label. I'm under the impression that all these near Godly interventions and experiences are caused by other human being's in our electrical signaling network.
Maybe a little 'Human-Off' will do the trick then.

Upvote 0

joinfree

Nov 3, 2016
EU
✟36,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One major reason I left Christianity and belief in it's God, was due to the struggles of mental illness (Schizophrenia) .... Then in the end I was left to pick up the pieces of my shattered mind, and put it back together the best way I could.
Have you daily taken the anti-Schizophrenia medication exactly as the doctor proscribed?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Have you daily taken the anti-Schizophrenia medication exactly as the doctor proscribed?
No, I'm waiting on your God to heal me.

Now wouldn't that be nice, God curing illnesses like schizophrenia. It's just a sickness of the mind, can't he even do that?

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Since you are complex, think in reverse for a minute, who and I do say who, would want you to fall apart every time you get close? Who would get pleasure out of your suffering? If you cry out and lay it all down before Jesus this will end. Partial only increases the suffering. There I said it. Let the world hear it in Jesus Name.

Upvote 0