Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps we should employ 9-year olds to run the TSA, in the same sense that certain Alphabet Soup Agencies hire hardcore hackers to work for them. Surely this kid is some sort of savant for evading authorities. And, that is no sarcasm.
Perhaps, but then again he is part of a privileged minority. Perhaps that was a factor in his adventure.
It is sad that this kid outsmarts a government agency like the TSA - and He doesn't even get paid for his expertise.
Just imagine what a hostile adversary might accomplish. :eek:

Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Perhaps, but then again he is part of a privileged minority. Perhaps that was a factor in his adventure.
Just imagine what a hostile adversary might accomplish. :eek:

NightHwekeye, we have disagreed on some things. I don't dismiss disagreement; that is the privileged of an educated mind to disagree.

But, I am glad you realize there is such a thing as "privilege," especially in context. That is all I will say about that.

I feel like I can call you a brother, and that I can learn from you (hopefully as much as you can learn from me.) Brothers bicker; no problem. We are, after all, of the same faith. I look forward to conversing, and even [respectfully] arguing/disagreeing with you in the future.

Oh, and btw, I agree with your quoted response.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I know I would never have thought to even try this. Not because it's dangerous or illegal but from fear that my parents would probably beat me to within an inch of my life(not literally :sorry:). For my own good, of course. And my parents have never hit me.

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
He points out the TSA security checkpoints aren’t in place to stop unauthorized people from going through; they are there to stop dangerous objects.

Wow. Just wow.

He's obviously completely missed the point.

Upvote 0

Dusky Mouse

Cats Are In Charge ~ Accept It!
Sep 25, 2013
Adelaide S.Australia
✟2,598.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Careful, corporal punishment is politically incorrect ... and likely against the law in California.
Likely discipline itself is against the law in California. The kid has been arrested for allegedly stealing a truck and ramming a police car, has a history of sneaking into a water park without a ticket, suspended from school for fighting, which was in effect that day he hopped the plane for Vegas, etc...
Question that remains without an answer, how did this kid get to the airport?

He's now in CPS custody.

The father of the 9-year-old stowaway to Las Vegas says he's asked for help and adm [CNN 10-09-2013] - YouTube

Pay attention to this interview where the father talks about wanting to whip his son for stealing the truck and what the cop said to him about that.

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Likely discipline itself is against the law in California. The kid has been arrested for allegedly stealing a truck and ramming a police car, has a history of sneaking into a water park without a ticket, suspended from school for fighting, which was in effect that day he hopped the plane for Vegas, etc...
Question that remains without an answer, how did this kid get to the airport?

He's now in CPS custody.

The father of the 9-year-old stowaway to Las Vegas says he's asked for help and adm [CNN 10-09-2013] - YouTube

Pay attention to this interview where the father talks about wanting to whip his son for stealing the truck and what the cop said to him about that.
Wow ... I really feel for that dad. I think perhaps his plea for help is a bit misdirected though. He needs to be looking for help from God. :prayer:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums