Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is it blasphemy if you say something that you then realize could in some context be interpreted as blasphemous, but you didn't mean it in that way? For a long time now, I've been so afraid of saying or writing things, because I'm scared they could be interpreted as blasphemous.

Hebrews 4:12 is a good verse to read.
You need to be mindful about others but not to the point where you're afraid to write anything.
God knows intent so you can't be truly blasphemous unless you want to be.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Is it blasphemy if you say something that you then realize could in some context be interpreted as blasphemous, but you didn't mean it in that way? For a long time now, I've been so afraid of saying or writing things, because I'm scared they could be interpreted as blasphemous.

Blasphemy literally means to insult. To injure with words. It's something that has to be done intentionally. If you say something or write something that someone else interprets as blasphemous, it probably isn't because you didn't intend it to be.

But it's better safe than sorry.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

blasphemy - the act or offense of speaking sacrilegiously about God or sacred things; profane talk.

This is when it becomes an issue - sacrilegiously

sacrilege - violation or misuse of what is regarded as sacred

will vary among various beliefs. What is considered sacred in one belief may not be regarded as such in another belief ... the disagreement(s) are not necessarily blasphemy ... but like you said ... people may interpret or perceive them that way.

Go read all the verses in the bible using the word blasphemy and use those examples as your guidelines.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm scared they could be interpreted as blasphemous.

Who is going to be accusing you of blasphemy?

Who is indewelling in you and knows your deepest thoughts and motives?

Do you really think that God will make a mistake and accuse you of blasphemy when you didn't mean it that way?

Upvote 0

ColinJesusboy28

Nov 14, 2013
Aurora Co
✟19,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Blasphemy can build up over time with shallow thankfulness. When you go on living and you don't thank God for the many blessings that He has poured out into your life-And there are many!!- you begin to nick away at the Lord and it can become blasphemes.
Also don't be too hard on yourself for the things you say on accident. This is far less sinful than if you say things on purpose.

Upvote 0