Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So, ironically, you, a Conservative, just wrote a statment that would likely meet the requirements of the application. My point is that Conservatives, at least those who are Christians, generally don't oppose inclusion, diversity, and leadership. So, even if I overlook the grammatical faux pas in the title, the article is still making claims that are rather ridiculous. There is nothing about the job posting in question that implicitly excludes Conservatives. So, if you want to discuss strawmen . . . .

And then some of them wonder why such statements are said to be embraced by racists.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
neither. That, if believed, is a myth.
“how your qualifications prepare you to work with faculty, staff and students from cultures and backgrounds different from your own.” is all you have to explain. Why is a conservative unable to do this?

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
“how your qualifications prepare you to work with faculty, staff and students from cultures and backgrounds different from your own.” is all you have to explain. Why is a conservative unable to do this?
I did that elsewhere. by accident you missed it

Upvote 0

ImaginaryDay

We Live Here
Mar 24, 2012
Fawlty Towers
✟30,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
CA-Conservatives
And yet the OP wasn't about her bio.

And here you are, engaging in the thread by claiming it's not worth engaging in the ideas of the OP. Perhaps you should just say nothing next time. That actually would be not engaging.

attachment.php

Any other questions about the OP?

Upvote 0

ImaginaryDay

We Live Here
Mar 24, 2012
Fawlty Towers
✟30,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm not going to change any minds, and apparently I've offended some people here. So, there being no value in continuing I'll bow out. I've said my peace, so take it for what it's worth.
Don't let the Christians get ya down... ;)

Upvote 0

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
30 years ago in an interview I was asked why I attended a Christian college and not the State University. I was also asked if I'd have a problem teaching sex ed (which wasn't taught at the grade level I was applying for) and would I have a problem teaching evolution.

You're actually not allowed by law to ask those types of questions because they were discriminatory. You have to ask each applicant the same questions. I didn't want to work there anyway. But I laugh about it because with my faith comes a high level of commitment and dedication. I work for God just as much as I work for the State.

During the interview, the asst Principal just sat there with her arms folded and stared at me.

I retire this year and I've been a good teacher. Ask others and they will tell you I'm a great teacher. ( a kindergartner told me I was the best art teacher he'd ever had!) I've had students tell me that I've actually changed their lives because of my influence on them. After 28 years, I have the kids of my kids!

I always do whatever the job requires. Even if it's "not in my job title." I always go beyond. I see it as my duty in Christ. I don't ask for more pay and I don't refuse to step up just because extra pay isn't involved. But the liberal teachers there? Some of them refuse to do anything if if it's not in the contract.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of liberals that go the extra mile too. My main point is you can't tell what's in the book just by the label on the outside.
Thanks for having been a good teacher. We need many more like you.

Reactions: PapaZoom
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums