6 days of creation, where the first three days 24 hour days ?

Mr Pickles

Feb 2, 2012
✟449.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I heard it discussed regarding the creation , that the first three days of creation

where not 24 hour days,

as we can say in our day, not referring to a singular day .

one day with God can be as a thousand years, we see in prophecy one day represents one year.

on the fourth day we see the first 24 hour day.

so some put forward the six days of creation are not six days as we under stand days to be,

and again many believe 6 days of creation is 6 days as we under stand days.

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
I am currently in Greenville Georgia
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I heard it discussed regarding the creation , that the first three days of creation where not 24 hour days, as we can say in our day, not referring to a singular day. one day with God can be as a thousand years, we see in prophecy one day represents one year. on the fourth day we see the first 24 hour day. so some put forward the six days of creation are not six days as we under stand days to be, and again many believe 6 days of creation is 6 days as we under stand days.

Mr. Pickle:

The Bible makes it very plain that the:

. . .And the evening and the morning were the first day. Gen 1:5

And so on and you have to look up the Hebrew word for day. Secondly you have it backwards the Bibles says:

For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night. Psa 90:4

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with YAHWEH as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 2Pe 3:8

All it means is that with ELOHIM a thousands past like a 24 hour day past by with us, nothing more. Ex. 20:11 states in six days HE created this earth. There are somethings that the scientist state are true like global warming. We have not been good stewards if this earth. But it amazes be even though it shouldn't how man will believe a lie. There was a world wide flood the land mass was much more then we see today and it was together. The reason why we have the underwater earthquates and vocanoes it because many of the land mass was force into the sea by the flood. These plates that lay on top of the lower plates were once above the sea or oceans. Because of the pressure of water which is very heavy it causes them to shift. Also due to pressure of water with the ocean volcanoes of rock it causes explsion that cause tusnamies. YAHWEH also cause meteors to seperate the rest of the land mass during time HE confuse man's language. Water is the strongest catalyst there is is and speed up the isotope so man reads that the earth is billions of years older than what it actually is. Scientist in Noah's day did not believe there was going to be a flood because it did not rain then, just dew came up. All of these glaciers including the North and South poles prove there was a flood. Since man has again been out of space they realize that the earth has a crust that also points to a worldwide flood!

Be Bless,​
stinsonmarri

Upvote 0

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Mr. Pickle:

I love the John Ankleburg show, I hope I spelled his name right. Dr. Kiser is who I totally disagree with being a Bibcal Historian myself. All ancient people had a creation myth but most kep in tune as well with a 24 hour story. Also ancient calandars are based on the phases of the moon that we called month of once equal 30 days period it was after the flood that the Egyptians changed the calandar based on the sun. Even though however, the ancient man all kept the cycle of a 24 hour day period as did the Hebrews. Look up the words for day, evening and morning and it will prove that it was as it has always being a 24 hour period.

Be bless,
stinsonmarri

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There was no sun or moon until day four, but there was light before there was ever any mention of "evening in morning." Light, then, was a source of light somewhere in the universe which illuminated the earth. The rotation of the earth made one day and one night; one evening and one morning. The sun, moon and stars came from the light, which is why it was never again mentioned. Had it been anything other than one day, we would not have the fourth Commandment.

Upvote 0

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There was no sun or moon until day four, but there was light before there was ever any mention of "evening in morning." Light, then, was a source of light somewhere in the universe which illuminated the earth. The rotation of the earth made one day and one night; one evening and one morning. The sun, moon and stars came from the light, which is why it was never again mentioned. Had it been anything other than one day, we would not have the fourth Commandment.

You are correct except one thing Day and Night did not need a sun or moon. That is why the Bible made it clear that evening:

‛ereb means dusk,

and morning:

bôqer means dawn. It it still light without the sun and it it still night without the moon.

Be bless,
stinsonmarri

Upvote 0

Mr Pickles

Feb 2, 2012
✟449.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for your replies, i have asked this what was the light that shone forth on the first day. time period , we are told of a new Heaven and a new Earth to come that does not have a sun.

so there is the super natural light of God than can sustain life, as we see the part the sun plays in life on earth.

I feel doctor Walter Kiser a professor of the old testament does raise some interesting points in the above video, on the John Ankerberg show

the question some ask, talking of light, the speed of light ,

how is it we can see light that has taken much more than ten thousands years to reach us.
or so it is said, ?

i did post recently in the spirit filled/charismatic forum here , asking about the day the sun and moon stopped for Joshua.

and asked what does this tell us about creation, the Earths position, in the universe.

how was this possible, if the Earth is traveling around the Sun ?

http://www.christianforums.com/t7703237/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Mr. Pickles:

You can believe man or the Bible, I choose to believe the Bible. YAHWEH said "Let there be light and there was light." Gen1:3 Man speculate or gives hypothesis that are really just theories, they actuall do not know for a fact. The Bible also said this as well:

For HE spake, and it was done; HE commanded, and it stood fast. Psa 33:9

For MY Thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways MY Ways, saith YAHWEH. Isa 55:8

You cannot second guest ELOHIM; These THREE work as a unite of ONE. THEY show the same thing through the man and the woman call procreation. I do not believe or accept a Trinity but THREE Powerful BEINGS who Created the Universe. If the SON said let there be light, it came itmediately without haste.The scientist cannot figure how the planets stay in place, they are colliding nor have they ever collided. They even know who start are made or created they suppose because the see all the gases and novas who are dead stars but were created that way from the beginning. They cannot figure a comet and when it might hit this earth. Look at a tree that reproduces on its on and a frog who changes gender if need be. How does a bumble bee fly or an ant carrying more that many times its weight. How does the brain work with electricty inside of it running throught the body. Listen to ELOHIM on this:​

Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; When the Morning Stars sang together, and all the Sons of ELOHIM shouted for joy? Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb? When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it, And brake up for it MY Decreed place, and set bars and doors, And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed? Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place; That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? It is turned as clay to the seal; and they stand as a garment. And from the wicked their light is withholden, and the high arm shall be broken. Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth? Have the gates of death been opened unto thee? or hast thou seen the doors of the shadow of death? Hast thou perceived the breadth of the earth? declare if thou knowest it all. Where is the way where light dwelleth? and as for darkness, where is the place thereof, That thou shouldest take it to the bound thereof, and that thou shouldest know the paths to the house thereof? Knowest thou it, because thou wast then born? or because the number of thy days is great? Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail, Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war? By what way is the light parted, which scattereth the east wind upon the earth? Who hath divided a watercourse for the overflowing of waters, or a way for the lightning of thunder; To cause it to rain on the earth, where no man is; on the wilderness, wherein there is no man; To satisfy the desolate and waste ground; and to cause the bud of the tender herb to spring forth? Hath the rain a father? or who hath begotten the drops of dew? Out of whose womb came the ice? and the hoary frost of heaven, who hath gendered it? The waters are hid as with a stone, and the face of the deep is frozen. Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion? Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons? Knowest thou the ordinances of Heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth? Canst thou lift up thy voice to the clouds, that abundance of waters may cover thee? Canst thou send lightnings, that they may go, and say unto thee, Here we are? Who hath put wisdom in the inward parts? or who hath given understanding to the heart? Who can number the clouds in wisdom? or who can stay the bottles of heaven, When the dust groweth into hardness, and the clods cleave fast together? Wilt thou hunt the prey for the lion? or fill the appetite of the young lions, When they couch in their dens, and abide in the covert to lie in wait? Who provideth for the raven his food? when his young ones cry unto ELOHIM, they wander for lack of meat. Job 38:4-41 :bow:

When you can answer all of these questions let me know because the scientist or any Bible Scholar or any Historian can!​

Blessings,​
stinsonmarri

Upvote 0
I

ImperialJohn

I heard it discussed regarding the creation , that the first three days of creation

where not 24 hour days,

as we can say in our day, not referring to a singular day .

one day with God can be as a thousand years, we see in prophecy one day represents one year.

on the fourth day we see the first 24 hour day.

so some put forward the six days of creation are not six days as we under stand days to be,

and again many believe 6 days of creation is 6 days as we under stand days.

I believe that is was 7 literal days. Remember though that this was not the entirety of the creation work, but rather this was a brief summary of what happened especially when the Earth was "RE-created" and made inhabitable for man after it had become a dark void due to the sinning angels, the original inhabitants of the Earth.

God could have if he wished created everything in the blink of an eye but he didn't. He chose to do in in 7 days, and I believe he did that for a specific reason. It was to give man a hint as to how long we would have on this Earth cut off from God.

You're correct when you quote scripture that to God 1 day is as a thousand years. God sees all history, past, present and future. He doesn't guess what the future holds, he already knows. Here we clearly have a double meaning and dynamic scripture.

It signifies the time man has on this Earth ruled by Satan, fallen and cut off from God would be 6000 years, or on God's calendar "6 days" with the 7th day, being the millenial reign of Christ when the prince of peace, the heir in waiting comes back to take his crown, and overthrow Satan.

A time of great peace when all nations will destroy their weapons, when the law will be once again upheld, God's government on Earth once more in administration when Jesus will reign as King of kings for 1000 years, and every knee shall bow. We are not that far away now.

Can I get an Amen? :amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

E.T.Elijah

Brother In Christ
Aug 29, 2011
Bartonville, IL
✟15,311.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A time of great peace when all nations will destroy their weapons, when the law will be once again upheld, God's government on Earth once more in administration when Jesus will reign as King of kings for 1000 years, and every knee shall bow. We are not that far away now.

Can I get an Amen? :amen:

Just asking here as I'm not quite clear on your meaning. Are you advocating a millennial reign on earth?

Upvote 0

Huusoku

Oct 19, 2009
Central Komifornia
✟7,634.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Just asking here as I'm not quite clear on your meaning. Are you advocating a millennial reign on earth?
I don't want to speak for him, but I think he is referring to Rev 20:4-6

I believe this to mean 1,000 years in heaven before the new Jerusalem is created on earth.

Huusoku

Upvote 0

Huusoku

Oct 19, 2009
Central Komifornia
✟7,634.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Mr Pickles,

I'd like to share some links with you but the forum won't let me post URLs until I reach 50 posts. So please excuse the difficulty of my links below:

Take a look at this site which has a vast amount of information: ‘Young’ age of the Earth & Universe Q&A:
http: / / creation DOT com/young-age-of-the-earth-universe-qa

...such as the article, Did God create over billions of years? And why is it important?
http: / / creation DOT com/Did-god-create-over-billions-of-years

...which has links at the lower right corner that include How could the days of Genesis 1 be literal if the Sun wasn’t created until the fourth day?
http: / / creation DOT com/how-could-the-days-of-genesis-1-be-literal-if-the-sun-wasnt-created-until-the-fourth-day

...and How long were the days of Genesis 1?
http: / / creation DOT com/how-long-were-the-days-of-genesis-1

...which I quote from,

In Genesis 1, God, through the ‘pen’ of Moses, is going out of His way to tell us that the ‘days’ of creation were literal earth–rotation days. To do this, He used the Hebrew word yôm, combined with a number and the words ‘evening and morning’. If God had wanted to tell us it was an ancient creation, then there were several good ways He could have done this. If theistic evolution had been intended, then there were several constructions He could have used. If the time factor had been meant to be ambiguous, then the Hebrew language had ways of saying this. However, God chose not to use any construction which would have communicated a meaning other than a literal solar day.

The only meaning which is possible from the Hebrew words used is that the ‘days’ of creation were 24–hour days. God could not have communicated this meaning more clearly than He did in Genesis 1. The divine confirmation of this, if any is needed, is Exodus 20:9–11, where the same word ‘days’ is used throughout:

‘Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, not thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.’
The last point is a good one, as the same Hebrew word is used to discuss the seventh "day" Sabbath of the 10 Commandments in Exodus as discussing the first "day" of creation of Genesis: A 24-hour literal time period.

Huusoku

Upvote 0

Huusoku

Oct 19, 2009
Central Komifornia
✟7,634.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hey guys,

I thought of something while eating dinner and wanted to add to this. Exodus 20:11 says, "For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, ..."

In my previous post I was only thinking about the mention of "day" in reference to the seventh day, but the first part of Ex 20:11 groups all six days of creation under the same "day" time frame. Therefore it we were to claim that the first three days were of a different unit of time than the remaining 3, this verse becomes contradictory.

From this verse alone we must conclude that there were six creation periods of an equal unit of time.

Huusoku

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

E.T.Elijah

Brother In Christ
Aug 29, 2011
Bartonville, IL
✟15,311.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I don't want to speak for him, but I think he is referring to Rev 20:4-6

I believe this to mean 1,000 years in heaven before the new Jerusalem is created on earth.

Huusoku

I agree with that. However his use of "government on Earth" seemed to indicate he was placing the 1000 year reign here and not in heaven. That's why I was just asking for a clarification.

Upvote 0

REDBEAR

Mar 9, 2013
✟15,117.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mr Pickles, hello
Its a No for me. It is 24 hr for six days.
Exodus 20 confirms it, created in six days.
God wrote those words with his fingers.
That is the best you can do

Don't confuse current tense (at creation making) and the past tense (created in 6 days ) with prophesy (You shall surely die in that day , Genesis 3).

Prophesy allows that day /year views. But if God is saying to us, I am here and creating NOW, then can't spin prophesy time frame on it. That aint going work.

Bible repeatedly says God was the creator, and in six days all done. To then unwind that is simply to allow man to say, er stuff God , who is he, and go sin.

No we must worship God as our Creator, and once we see that relationship then we are okay. But putting God of the pedestal so we can try to climb up....we thats just dumb.

Red Bear

Upvote 0

Huusoku

Oct 19, 2009
Central Komifornia
✟7,634.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I was reading an article about Jehovah's Witness and the creation week, and check out this quote:
Jehovah’s Witnesses’ claim that each ‘day’ is thousands of years long: ‘there’s no sense having a 1,000-year wait between the creation of the plants and the creation of the insects to fertilize them.’

Huusoku

Upvote 0