58% of the public do not like the way in which the media treats Trump

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,634.00
Faith
Atheist
I took a look at a number of them, and each one i investigated was not false. I'm not sure what to make of this.

I, too, looked at several, and didn't find any completely false/made up. There were some that had other people/disputing the claims, but that's not the same as reporting a false story.

Upvote 0

Auriga

Capella
Jun 22, 2015
USA
✟9,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Without unnamed sources, the public would be in the dark on a whole bunch of legit news.

And WITH unnamed sources, the public has no idea whether news is legit or not since the source can't even be identified.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And WITH unnamed sources, the public has no idea whether news is legit or not since the source can't even be identified.

Nope. These stories have a way of vetting themselves out over time. Watergate was reported based on anonymous sources, as have many others.

Upvote 0

Auriga

Capella
Jun 22, 2015
USA
✟9,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Nope. These stories have a way of vetting themselves out over time. Watergate was reported based on anonymous sources, as have many others.

In the meantime, the public won't know the truth. How convenient!
I wonder if politicians have ever thought of using the "unnamed sources" tactic when making accusations against someone just before an election, knowing that it will take time to be vetted out. Harry Reid perhaps? But like the man said after being confronted, "Romney didn't win, did he?" Harry Reid’s appalling defense of his attack on Mitt Romney’s tax record

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In the meantime, the public won't know the truth. How convenient!
I wonder if politicians have ever thought of using the "unnamed sources" tactic when making accusations against someone just before an election, knowing that it will take time to be vetted out. Harry Reid perhaps? But like the man said after being confronted, "Romney didn't win, did he?" Harry Reid’s appalling defense of his attack on Mitt Romney’s tax record

And how would you know a named source is telling the truth?

Upvote 0

Auriga

Capella
Jun 22, 2015
USA
✟9,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And how would you know a named source is telling the truth?

At least a named source can be investigated and questioned. Just as Harry Reid's "rumor has it" sources can't be investigated as a source, neither can any other people who can't even be identified.

Upvote 0

Auriga

Capella
Jun 22, 2015
USA
✟9,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
...and threatened and intimidated.

Then perhaps people accused in court shouldn't be allowed the right to face their accusers? If that were the case, every plaintiff would remain and "unnamed source".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Then perhaps people accused in court shouldn't be allowed the right to face their accusers? If that were the case, every plaintiff would remain and "unnamed source".

It would be tempting, considering that's why Donald's rape trial went nowhere, but we're not talking about the courts; we're talking about the media.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Auriga

Capella
Jun 22, 2015
USA
✟9,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It would be tempting, considering that's why Donald's rape trial went nowhere, but we're not talking about the courts; we're talking about the media.

I see your Dodge, and I raise you a Buick.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums