Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
My brother-in-law is there now and my cousin's husband was killed in 1st Gulf War. My best mate is ex-SAS and has seen horrendous stuff and lost some friends in places he can't mention. These are very special guys and we should never forget what they do and the consequences they are prepared to accept.

Upvote 0

Born to Watch

Mar 19, 2011
Australia
✟9,170.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
T

TrutherAU

These are very special guys and we should never forget what they do and the consequences they are prepared to accept.
No doubt being a professional trained killler is a special skill albeit a a rather morbid and psychopathic skill set not really something to be proud of hardly inline with the bible either ....oh thats right your not even christian I forgot.. gees typical CF.I find the harka rather pyscho too thats another discussion.

Upvote 0

Born to Watch

Mar 19, 2011
Australia
✟9,170.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Inspiring truther truly inspiring.....hate that is.
Is that your plan, preach Christians should hate.
It is in line with the bible, the bible states we should obey our government. Romans 13:1-7
See this verse also Philippians 2:5-8, it suggest we should accept every one, to a point.

Dont assume you know what you are talking about, your understanding of Christianity is facile.

Upvote 0

Born to Watch

Mar 19, 2011
Australia
✟9,170.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I dont know what your on about, how could you have read that to mean i was pro bbs statement at worst I was being sarcastic in regards to his morbidity? I agree with your previous post in the thread so,seems you want to pick fight not taking the bait.

I am against this war. I understand it must be fought and the reasons for it, that people must die is a reality to.
Its unfortunate but its a reality. BBs statement is valid, sadly we as a country have a moral duty to protect others.
I accept that some have and will serve in the army, they are responsible, they have my prayers.
Its not a fight I am picking, its not about winning or losing its about finding a good compromise.
This isnt a Christian world, we are not a monopoly and sadly soldiers have an important role to play.
I admire what they do, I dont like it but I have to accept it.

Morbidity is allowing Female circumcision, sharia law, open violence. If this is a way to stem the terror of life for others , then I accept it as our best option.

Sometimes a compromise is important

Upvote 0

mathclub

May 15, 2011
Switzerland
✟15,838.00
Faith
Atheist
No doubt being a professional trained killler is a special skill albeit a a rather morbid and psychopathic skill set not really something to be proud of hardly inline with the bible either ....oh thats right your not even christian I forgot.. gees typical CF.I find the harka rather pyscho too thats another discussion.

it's spelt haka.

and it's a pre war ritual. it's supposed to be intimidating, and scare the aussies so much they have to either have a big group hug or run around doing drills trying to pretend it's not happening.

Upvote 0

Born to Watch

Mar 19, 2011
Australia
✟9,170.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
it's spelt haka.

and it's a pre war ritual. it's supposed to be intimidating, and scare the aussies so much they have to either have a big group hug or run around doing drills trying to pretend it's not happening.

I though it was a collective attack on the Australians olfactory senses. All those Kiwis breathing their respective bad breath at you at a given moment.
Just make NZed another state of Australia already. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
T

TrutherAU

I am against this war. I understand it must be fought and the reasons for it, that people must die is a reality to.
Its unfortunate but its a reality. BBs statement is valid, sadly we as a country have a moral duty to protect others.
It is completely questionable this so called "war on terror" i understand its very important mantra of pollies, civil servants, other middle class neocons/tories but I am none of those, so for yours truly it is a load of rubbish in fact i maybe on their radar bikers already are under anti association laws etc..a direct result of 9/11 & they not muslims or al Queda well some maybe, not for the most part.
So the definition is broad who knows who will get caught up in these yankie undemocratic anti terror laws perhaps many christians also whom are very zealous about their faith they might just do or say something that secular civil authorities dont approve & into the clink! Chrisitans pretty much need to ask that historical question who do they serve their god or government. Australia does not have any duty or business in such mercenary operation although i do understand that for a professional killer it satisfies all their wet dreams of being a big tough soldier man much more to do with tough guy infatuation with big egos, me thinks rather than an ounce of civil service which would actually imply they are doing this for the vague concept of being Australian whatever that means.

Any way as usual most of your posts a strawmans they way you attacked me with all that bile and self rightcious bs without even reading my post 7 in this thread shows the lengths you will go to slander and misrepresent with strawmans, just another shill for GAOFU almighty poobah we serve you!.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Born to Watch

Mar 19, 2011
Australia
✟9,170.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is completely questionable this so called "war on terror" i understand its very important mantra of pollies, civil servants, other middle class neocons/tories but I am none of those, so for yours truly it is a load of rubbish in fact i maybe on their radar bikers already are under anti association laws etc..a direct result of 9/11 & they not muslims or al Queda well some maybe, not for the most part.
So the definition is broad who knows who will get caught up in these yankie undemocratic anti terror laws perhaps many christians also whom are very zealous about their faith they might just do or say something that secular civil authorities dont approve & into the clink! Chrisitans pretty much need to ask that historical question who do they serve their god or government. Australia does not have any duty or business in such mercenary operation although i do understand that for a professional killer it satisfies all their wet dreams of being a big tough soldier man much more to do with tough guy infatuation with big egos, me thinks rather than an ounce of civil service which would actually imply they are doing this for the vague concept of being Australian whatever that means.

Any way as usual most of your posts a strawmans they way you attacked me with all that bile and self rightcious bs without even reading my post 7 in this thread shows the lengths you will go to slander and misrepresent with strawmans, just another shill for GAOFU almighty poobah we serve you!.

You know truther-
I can see both sides of the issue, that makes me reluctant to stand on either.

I understand why you are angry, I see why Australians need to help others.

Upvote 0

tgg

Veteran
Jun 19, 2005
Brisbane
Visit site
✟20,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
We've got absolutely no right to be there anymore now that Bin Laden and Al Qaeda have been dealt with.

If the Australian government had a tiny shred of decency they will pull the troops out right now and bring our soldiers home and give them jobs where they can fix what's wrong with OUR country rather than interfere with another.

Upvote 0

tgg

Veteran
Jun 19, 2005
Brisbane
Visit site
✟20,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
After seeing John Cadwell's interview on Today Tonight, I was on the verge of crying over what he had to say. My heart goes out to him as well as those soldiers whose youth and vitality has been robbed off them because of this useless, pathetic war.

Leave Afghanistan to fix itself. It is no threat to Australia now.

I know two people whom I was fond of who had PTSD, one from being unjustly imprisoned for two months and another from being drink spiked whilst holidaying in L.A.

They were very cynical, bitter, and angry people in desparate search for answers to life and why they were made to suffer the way they did. Both are the same age but they are much older inside than their ages (they are now both 38 years old).

The solution to this? If the politicians want the war, why don't they go and fight in Afghanistan themselves instead of exploiting our young and impressionable Australians that it is "honourable" and "brave" and "glamorous" and "sexy" to fight for bits of soil and water.

Let the politicians go and fight, and leave our young to help heal those who have been ruined and scarred for life by war.

Upvote 0

gasman64

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
✟8,191.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I though it was a collective attack on the Australians olfactory senses. All those Kiwis breathing their respective bad breath at you at a given moment.
Just make NZed another state of Australia already. ;)

I don't think you would really want us. We would raise the IQ of your country so much that you would have to take up new careers as our gardeners and car-washers. And "once a jolly swagman" was your countries answer to the Haka. Good response....a song about a sheep botherer. :cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
We've got absolutely no right to be there anymore now that Bin Laden and Al Qaeda have been dealt with.

If the Australian government had a tiny shred of decency they will pull the troops out right now and bring our soldiers home and give them jobs where they can fix what's wrong with OUR country rather than interfere with another.

We didn't have a right to be there when Bin Laden was there. Having participated in making the situation worse in that country we've dug a hole we can't get out of. We can't win a war against the Taliban, we've aided the formation of massively corrupt government, we've aided the formation of the TTP and the destabilisation of nuclear armed Pakistan and we're achieving little to protect those who need and want our protection. And then when some of those who needed protection try to come here for it we lock them up on tiny islands.

None of that is remotely surprising - when your military capability and money leads to the arrogance of thinking that's all you need and you don't bother to understand the people you are bound to do more harm than good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lenamuo

Mar 11, 2013
Australia
✟7,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am against the war as well but I do not see why we should send mostly young innocent soldiers and their lives to another country, just to invade the resources on their land and possibly the country, and when they die, they then become heroes? Also, many foreigners also die in the process but the media has chosen to ignore that. I do not see the 'hero' in that. I know that many of them have died in the war but to label them as heroes is not correct because they are more victims than heroes. They died for nothing and that really is a shame. I am not blaming the soldiers but the government who still continue to send these people there and those who are already there, not let them return back to Australia. I don't think God will approve of this as well because it involves killing one another and also for the greed of the government. I also think it is because we always tend to follow in America's footsteps too much.

God bless those poor souls who have been killed on both sides of the war.

Upvote 0