Mar 13, 2006
Birmingham
✟4,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
only 5 days to go till I'm married! :tutu:

I'm excited but also feeling tired through the stress of the things that have gone wrong during the last few weeks, planning a wedding hasn't exactly gone how i thought it would but at least i have my dad arriving from Australia on Tuesday, so I'm really looking forward to seeing him and I'm trying hard not to worry now, instead I'm handing it all over to God and trust that the big day itself will work out.

stealingheaven

Senior Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Birmingham
✟4,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well my Dad arrived safely today although his luggage was left behind in Dubai instead of being put on the transfer flight to the UK (yet another thing that can't run smoothly) but at least he's here! :clap:

My mum had contacted a local radio station and informed them of all the wedding plans that have gone wrong and the let downs we've experienced, I was surprised to hear that the radio station have provided us with a photographer for the day and also a free honeymoon to the Mediterranean!! Neil and I are both so surprised, happy and greatful!!

Upvote 0

stealingheaven

Senior Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Birmingham
✟4,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks guys, there's now only 2 days to go, well it's Thursday night so really only tomorrow left then on Saturday it's big day!! Nerves really starting to kick in now, mainly nervous about being on show as I walk down the aisle, but I really can't wait to marry Neil!! ^_^

Upvote 0

faerieevaH

lucky wife
Dec 27, 2003
USA
✟28,950.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Enjoy your nerves. They're part of the package. *G* I was lucky to have two weddings: one for the city hall on friday, one 'real' wedding in church on saturday.

We had considered the first one (which is obligated by law) a mere formality, but when the morning came, I was so nervous. We walked together to the flowershop to just have a small bouquet (not the official bridal bouquet) and then walked to the city hall, all the way clutching eachothers hands and murmuring: we are going to do this. We are really going to do this.
That had as an advantage that the next day, most of the nerves were gone, and I could fully enjoy everything.

Upvote 0

klynnmiller

Cry out to Jesus!
Nov 17, 2006
Indiana
✟10,602.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
faerieevaH,

So which date was your "official" marriage, the Friday or the Saturday? I mean were you married before you were married?

Sorry to hijack the thread! I can't wait until there's only 5 days left, but I know that there will be so much to do then!!! I hope your wedding went beautifully and you enjoyed your honeymoon! Congrats and I wish you many years of happiness in Christ!!!!

Upvote 0

stealingheaven

Senior Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Birmingham
✟4,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
faerieevaH,

Sorry to hijack the thread! I can't wait until there's only 5 days left, but I know that there will be so much to do then!!! I hope your wedding went beautifully and you enjoyed your honeymoon! Congrats and I wish you many years of happiness in Christ!!!!

Thank you. The wedding went without a hitch, our vicar was great, everyone said how much they enjoyed the ceremony, even our non Christian friends and family. The reception also went well, except the florist hadn't made as many 'thank-you' bouquets as we'd ordered and paid for, but we found a way around it.
The day certainly turned out to be the day of my dreams, despite all the mini disasters during the planning stages, my husband and I can look back with huge smiles on our faces and say what a wonderful day we both had.
I hope everyone else looking forward to their big day, has the day they hope for and that all the planning comes together in the end. God bless :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stealingheaven

Senior Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Birmingham
✟4,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
awwwww CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :)

That is wonderful :amen:

Are you getting used to saying "my husband" yet?

Lol no not yet, I had to make a phone call today and had to mention my husband and it was strange hearing me say it out loud lol. I come over all silly and girly when I think I'm now actually married, every now and then Neil and I will look at each other and just smile our heads off lol. We looked forward to becoming a married couple so much and are so happy now. :clap::tutu:

Upvote 0

klynnmiller

Cry out to Jesus!
Nov 17, 2006
Indiana
✟10,602.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Awwww, That's GREAT!!! I'm so happy for you and can't wait until I can call my fiance, my husband!!!

So how is it getting used to signing your new last name? That's what I'm sure is going to take a little getting used to!

So how has getting the household together been? I'm supposed to be getting my things packed up right now, but I'm taking a little break. :)

Congrats again, and God bless you both! I'm sooooo happy for you!!!! :tutu: :clap:

Upvote 0

stealingheaven

Senior Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Birmingham
✟4,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Signing my las name has been weird, I automatically start to write to my maiden name.

Neil moved in with me so I fortunately didn't have to pack, but we had to buy extra shelving for ornaments and Neils collection of cars, (that will take a bit of getting used to lol, I'm only used to having my girly pictures and ornaments around the flat, but now there'll be cars plastered on walls and taking up space on shelving)

All the best with your wedding plans and packing, enjoy every minute the closer you get to your big day, as the time really does go so fast.

Upvote 0