✟487,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Dear Sabbathblessings,

Why do you believe mankind has a free will?
There are zero scriptures that say we do.

Mankind has a "will" and we can make choices BUT God is the cause behind the choices we make.
Wow! So when Eve ate the forbidden fruit that was caused by God? God made that choice for Eve to sin which caused the devil to have dominion over the earth? Maybe you can show me scripture where it says that. Same with Cain- God caused Cain to disobey and not provide the sacrifice God asked and than killed Abel? All done by God's will? We must worship a different God, because according to scriptures God is light and has no evil. He threw Lucifer out of Heaven because he sinned. Was that also God's choice? No my friend, this is not correct. God loves us so much He does not want to control our decisions. God is not going to force us to love Him or obey Him. Which is why Jesus said IF you love Me, keep My commandments. It's conditional and not forced, so yes, we do have free will otherwise there would be no sin!

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 3:10-11 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

I know Paul is the favorite to quote to those who want to believe the law is no more. Very few really understand what Paul is saying and take him regularly out of context. Paul did not preach a different Gospel than Jesus or John or James. Paul did not teach a different gospel from one chapter to another. Paul believed in God's commandments and none of the verses you quoted tell us God's Ten commandments have been abolished and now we are free to sin. Paul did say:

but keeping the commandments of God is what matters. 1 Corinthians 7:19

“Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.” Romans 3:31
For Moses writes that the man who practices the righteousness which is based on law shall live by that righteousness. Romans 10:15
However, the Law is not of faith; on the contrary, “He who practices them shall live by them.” Galatians 3:20

Since God created mankind "subject to vanity", without our agreement, then why do you believe He needs our free will agreement to make us into a child of God?

I have a very different view of our Savior. Does everyone choose vanity in this world? God never forced vanity on us or any other sin, it is OUR decisions Eve did not have to eat the forbidden fruit, she choose to. I do not have to be faithful to my husband, I choose to. The schools did not have to remove the Ten Commandments that not so long ago was in the public schools, they choose to. To think we do not have control of our own actions is not biblical.

We are saved by God's grace though our faith. It's a gift from God to give or not give.

Before we receive grace, we have to go through God's righteous judgment, based on our actions. We are told to take the narrow path, that's the choice we can all make.

I believe in the whole bible and throughout the bible there is a theme if you love Jesus you will obey. It's even in the commandments and it's who God shows mercy to.

Exodus 20:6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

Jesus told me to obey Him, if I love Him. I do, so I will continue and His laws are not burdensome to me.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.

I also want to remain in Jesus love:

John 15:10 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

There are many spirits out there but we know we are following God's Spirit though the law according to scriptures.

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

What you are teaching is not what Jesus teaches. We are told to follow Jesus and obey Him over man, so you can believe as you wish, but there is only one Gospel and one Truth and I believe Jesus when He said If you love Me, keep My commandments John 14:15 and told us to keep God's commandments John 15:10 and directly quoted from them Mathew 19:17-19 and told us He did not destroy God's laws Mathew 5:17-20. Anyone can say you love someone, but it's what you do that counts, not what you say.

Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man’s all.

When you try to remove God's laws you are essentially removing God, because God's essence and character is in His laws, which is why His Ten commandments is stored in the Most Holy of God's Temple. They are God's treasure. If they are God's treasure should they not be ours too?

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟487,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So your conclusion is that all who fail to keep the seventh day Sabbath are not loving God.

This is a serious judgement on most of the members of CF.

This sets you apart as a sect or worse.

We were warned about not 'rightly dividing the Body of Christ' before communion, leaving judgements to Him, and so to eat of the bread, preserving the Unity of the Body in faith.

We are not to judge one another regarding the sabbath.

I will continue to expose your determination to promote salvation by sabbath keeping.

This is salvation by Law.

Readers beware - Remember what Paul said...

3 You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified? 2 This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh? 4 Did you suffer so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain? 5 So then, does He who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

My conclusion is not worth a penny, it's what God thinks that matters.

Jesus said, IF you love Me, keep My commandments. John 14:15

Also, I never once placed judgment in my post and if I did can you please quote me? I did provide scriptures on direct quotes from Jesus. It's not my place to judge, that is reserved for our Savior. I do believe our time is short on this earth and there are so many false gospels right now including thinking we are free to lie, worship other gods, vain God's name, steal, murder or profane God's holy Sabbath day. If we study the bible, the answer to this question is obvious.

Also you never completed Paul's thought on God's laws:

“Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.Romans 3:31
For Moses writes that the man who practices the righteousness which is based on law shall live by that righteousness. Romans 10:15
However, the Law is not of faith; on the contrary, “He who practices them shall live by them.” Galatians 3:20

God bless.

• Agree
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi Joe nice to see you again. I might add quite a few posts here as I want to discuss the scriptures in detail in relation to your post here. So let's start.
You said: God's salvation according to the scriptures is conditional on us believing and following what Gods' Word says. Yes, you are absolutely right. But what you are missing is that mankind CANNOT believe or follow God's Word (or even understand God's Word for that matter) without the gift of the Holy Spirit.
According to the scriptures God gives everyone the power of free will to choose for themselves what they will believe and follow and what they will not believe and follow. You see Gods' creative power is in His Word and we we believe Gods' Word he enables us to follow what he says...

GOD'S SALVATION THROUGH FAITH AS WE BELIEVE HIS WORD?

John 3:16 [16], For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Matthew 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said to them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Mark 9:23 Jesus said to him, If you can believe, all things are possible to him that believes.

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which works in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.

John 8:31-32 [31], Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If you continue in my word, then are you my disciples indeed; [32], And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 17:17 [17], Sanctify them through your truth: your word is truth.

Note: our salvation or sanctification is in believing God's Word

AN EXAMPLE OF GREAT FAITH?

Matthew 8:7-13
[7], And Jesus said to him, I will come and heal him.
[8], The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that you should come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.
[9], For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goes; and to another, Come, and he comes; and to my servant, Do this, and he does it.
[10], When Jesus heard it, he marveled, and said to them that followed, Truly I say to you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
[11], And I say to you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
[12], But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
[13], And Jesus said to the centurion, Go your way; and as you have believed, so be it done to you. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.

Note: so great faith according to Jesus is believing the Word of God will do what it says it will do.

FREE WILL TO CHOOSE WHO WE WILL FOLLOW?

In the translations of Philemon 1:14

(ARV 2005) but without thy mind I would do nothing, that thy goodness should not be as of necessity, but of free will.

(ASV-2014) but without thy mind I would do nothing; that thy goodness should not be as of necessity, but of free will.

(Anderson) but, without your consent, I was not willing to do any thing, that your good deed might not be as a matter of necessity, but one of free-will.

(ASV) but without thy mind I would do nothing; that thy goodness should not be as of necessity, but of free will.

(FAA) but I did not want to do anything without your opinion, so that your good deed would not be as it were under compulsion, but of free will.

(GDBY_NT) but without your consent I did not wish to do anything; in order that your good might not be by constraint, but by the free will:

(GW) Yet, I didn't want to do anything without your consent. I want you to do this favor for me out of your own free will without feeling forced to do it.

(CSB) But I didn't want to do anything without your consent, so that your good deed might not be out of obligation, but of your own free will.

(LEB) But apart from your consent, I wanted to do nothing, in order that your good deed might be not as according to necessity, but according to your own free will.

(MRC) but without your consent I did not want to do anything, that your goodness might not be by necessity, but of your own free will.

(MNT) But without your consent I was unwilling to do anything, so that your kindness to me might be of your own free will, and not of compulsion.

(NTVR) but without thy mind I would do nothing; that thy goodness should not be as of necessity, but of free will.

(NWT) But without your consent I do not want to do anything, so that your good act may be, not as under compulsion, but of your own free will.

(Revised Standard ) but I preferred to do nothing without your consent in order that your goodness might not be by compulsion but of your own free will.

(RNT) but without your consent I am unwilling to do anything, so that your goodness may not be of necessity but of free will.

(RSV-CE) but I preferred to do nothing without your consent in order that your goodness might not be by compulsion but of your own free will.

(TLV) But I didn’t want to do anything without your consent, so that your goodness wouldn’t be by force but by free will.

(WEB) But I was willing to do nothing without your consent, that your goodness would not be as of necessity, but of free will.

(WEB (R)) But I was willing to do nothing without your consent, that your goodness would not be as of necessity, but of free will.

(NASB77) 14 but without your consent I did not want to do anything, that your goodness should not be as it were by compulsion, but of your own free will.

(NASB95) 14 but without your consent I did not want to do anything, so that your goodness would not be, in effect, by compulsion but of your own free will.

(TEV) 14 However, I do not want to force you to help me; rather, I would like for you to do it of your own free will. So I will not do anything unless you agree.

(ERV) 14 but without thy mind I would do nothing; that thy goodness should not be as of necessity, but of free will.

(NHEB) 14 But I was willing to do nothing without your consent, that your goodness would not be as of necessity, but of free will.

(TCE) 14 but without your consent I did not want to do anything, so that your goodness would not be, in effect, by compulsion but of your own free will.
and you can add both the NEB and the REB

CT 14 but I would not do any thing without thy consent, that the benefit derived from thee might not be as it were forced, but of free will.

NENT 14 but without thy: mind I wished to do nothing; that thy: goodness be not as of necessity, but of free will.

SLT 14 But without thy judgment I would do nothing; that good might not be as according to necessity, but according to free will.

(NEB) 14 But I would rather do nothing without your consent, so that your kindness may be a matter not of compulsion, but of your own free will.

(REB) 14 But I would rather do nothing without your consent, so that your kindness may be a matter not of compulsion, but of your own free will.

Note:

Free will we see is not a matter of necessity
Free will is a will not under compulsion
Free will is consensual
Free will is a will not forced

From alternate translations

Philemon 1:14 (ESV) 14 but I preferred to do nothing without your consent in order that your goodness might not be by compulsion but of your own accord.

Philemon 1:14 (KJV) 14 But without thy mind would I do nothing; that thy benefit should not be as it were of necessity, but willingly.

Philemon 1:14 (NET1) 14 However,[33] without your consent I did not want to do anything, so that your good deed would not be out of compulsion, but from your own willingness.

Philemon 1:14 (NIV2011) 14 But I did not want to do anything without your consent, so that any favor you do would not seem forced but would be voluntary.

Philemon 1:14 (NJB) 14 However, I did not want to do anything without your consent; it would have been forcing your act of kindness, which should be spontaneous.

Philemon 1:14 (NRSV) 14 but I preferred to do nothing without your consent, in order that your good deed might be voluntary and not something forced.

Philemon 1:14 (BBE) 14 But without your approval I would do nothing; so that your good works might not be forced, but done freely from your heart.

Philemon 1:14 (MontgomeryNT) 14 But without your consent I was unwilling to do anything, so that your kindness to me might be of your own free will, and not of compulsion.

Philemon 1:14 (CEB) 14 However, I didn't want to do anything without your consent so that your act of kindness would occur willingly and not under pressure.

Philemon 1:14 (CEV) 14 But I won't do anything unless you agree to it first. I want your act of kindness to come from your heart, and not be something you feel forced to do.

Free will is without necessity
Free will is without compulsion
Free will is without force
Free will is a will not pressured
Free will is from one own heart
Free will is a voluntary
Free will is of your own accord
Free will is without constraint

And one last verse not Phm 1:14

1 Corinthians 7:37 (KJV) 37 Nevertheless he that standeth stedfast in his heart, having no necessity, but hath power over his own will, and hath so decreed in his heart that he will keep his virgin, doeth well.

Free will has no necessity and is under ones own power

Deuteronomy 30:19 KJB - I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Joshua 24:14-15 [14], Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve you the LORD. [15], And if it seem evil to you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom you will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

According to the scriptures therefore we all have free will to choose to believe God's Word. By believing God's Word God works in us to will and to do of His own good pleasure *Philippians 2:13.

More to come…

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello Joe, I see you responded to my post but I am not sure if you understood what you were quoting from or perhaps you may have some misunderstanding, but allow me to show why from the scriptures.
You said: According to the scriptures we are saved by grace through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God and not of works lest any man should boast *Ephesians 2:8-9 but Gods grace is so we can be obedient to the faith.
Whenever someone believes that Christ's gifts are conditional and require something from them first (like a confession of faith), they are mixing faith with "works" and will remain under Law. Christ is the one who gives us the answer of our tongue. Mankind has no ability to seek Christ or to accept Him as Lord in our created state. By a person claiming they were saved by speaking a confession of faith by their own Free Will, they are stealing from the work of Christ. If they did need to contribute anything first (even just a confession of faith), they would have something to boast about since it would differentiate them from unbelievers. But mankind cannot contribute anything - we are that lost. We are saved by Christ doing His work within us and nothing else. All our thoughts/beliefs/decisions that lead to our salvation come from Christ's work within us. He is changing us "spiritually". Mankind's old flawed spirit who hates and rejects Christ must be destroyed so that we can walk by a new spirit (the Holy Spirit). Christ made us flawed for a reason and when that reason has run its course, He will make us spiritually perfect. It is 100% His work. It always has been and always will be.

No, not really Joe. Not according to the scriptures but allow me to explain why. According to the scriptures God’s Word is conditional on faith for it is written in the scriptures that without faith it is impossible to please God for he that comes to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.*Hebrews 11:6. According to Paul whatsoever is not of faith is sin in Romans 14:23. Faith therefore according to the scriptures do not abolish the requirements of obedience to God’s law according to the scriptures, it establishes Gods’ law in those who believe Gods’ Word according to Paul in Romans 3:31 in all those who have been born again to walk in Gods’ Spirit *Galatians 5:16.

According to the scriptures grace is for obedience to the faith not disobedience to the faith in Romans 1:5. So it is not biblical to claim that faith does away with the requirements of obedience to follow what Gods’ Word says as James in James 2:17-26 calls a faith that does not believe and follow what God's Word says the dead faith of devils. As posted earlier this is God’s work in all those who believe His Word (Philippians 2:13). According to the scriptures we are saved by grace through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God and not of works lest any man should boast *Ephesians 2:8-9.

As posted earlier, obedience to God's words are not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of genuine faith of one that is already been given Gods promise of salvation and the fruit of God's work in us *Philippians 2:13 as we believe and follow his word *John 10:26-27. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *James 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *Matthew 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50; Hebrews 10:26-27. Therefore we do not abolish God's law through faith like some people teach but God's law is established in the heart by faith that works by love *Romans 3:31; 1 John 5:3-4; Romans 13:8-10. According to the scriptures, sin (breaking God' commandments and not believing and following God's Word) is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil *1 John 3:6-10; 1 John 2:3-4; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14. At the second coming Christs reward is with him *Revelation 22:12.

more to come...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Also, God's Grace does not empower us to "be obedient". Grace is the reason why Christ will come to each of us and do His work. From His work "within" us, we are then empowered to be obedient.
According to the scriptures God’s grace is so that we can believe and follow His Word. As we have all sinned and stand guilty before God of condemnation and death (Romans 3:9-23; Romans 6:23; Romans 8:1-4) but God so loved our world that he sent His only begotten son that whosoever believes on him should not perish but have everlasting life. Now through the blood of Gods’ dear son all who choose to believe receive the gift of Gods’ dear son and God’s forgiveness for sin to walk in newness of life through believing and following Gods’ Word. As it is written in the scriptures, Romans 1:5 [5], By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name. You seem to be contradicting yourself here as you stated in the beginning of your post when I stated that God’s salvation is conditional on us believing and following what Gods’ Word says that this was absolutely right?

To be continued…

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You said: According to the scriptures, sin (breaking God' commandments and not believing and following God's Word) is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil *1 John 3:6-10; 1 John 2:3-4; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14. At the second coming Christs reward is with him *Revelation 22:12. The righteous receive their reward of eternal life *Revelation 22:14 and the wicked, the lake of fire. All men will not be saved. Once we commit our first sin, we become a child of the devil. We will stay in that condition UNTIL Christ destroys our flawed spiritual nature and gives us the Holy Spirit. This life changing event is called "conversion". It is what happened to the apostles on the Day of Pentecost and what happened to Paul after He had been in Damascus for three days. Conversion is also called the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, the Latter Rain of the Spirit and the second coming of Christ.

Mankind expects a visible return of Christ to the world at some future date but Christ will not return in that manner. When Christ returns, He only comes "spiritually" within each person (is, was and will be coming) and He brings salvation with Him. Christ will never be seen again with physical eyes again. To "see" Him now, we must be given spiritual "eyes". Christ's second coming first happened to His apostles on the Day of Pentecost and then to all His chosen Elect since that time.

Here is the GREAT MYSTERY OF CHRIST AND HIS CHURCH:

To be saved, mankind's salvation requires TWO comings of Christ - the Early and Latter Rain.

The Early Rain is the event when Christ calls us out from the world. At the time, Christ does not "appear" to the new believer. Christ remains hidden from their understanding. In other words, the new believer is spiritually blind and cannot "see" Christ (can't receive truth from the Word of God). Paul "typed" this Early Rain event while traveling on the Damascus Road. Paul could not see who the voice was who was speaking to him. He had to be told who the voice was. Paul also became blind to "type" the spiritual blindness we all experience at the time. He then had to be led by the hand into the city (the blind leading the blind). As a result of our blindness after being "called out" (Early Rain), over 2000 different denominations/sects have been created in the world, all with their own version of the truth. They are truly places where the blind are leading the blind.

Shortly after receiving the Early Rain, Satan will come to us (Parable of the Wheat and the Tares) and deceive us into approaching Christ by faith mixed with works. When this happens, we "fall away" and commit the sin that leads to death. In other words, we lose our salvation. Since we cannot be renewed by repentance, our only hope is for Christ to "come again" (Latter Rain).

The Old Testament also teaches the Early Rain. The Old Testament Early Rain is when the Nation of Israel was "called out" and they were baptized unto Moses:

1Cor 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

The verse says they were baptized "in the cloud". The "cloud" represents their spiritual blindness upon receiving the Early Rain. God was veiled from Israel by the cloud. And just like Paul on the Damascus Road, they could hear a voice (via Moses) but could not see who was actually speaking to them.

Look at this verse:

Acts 3:20-21 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: WHOM THE HEAVEN MUST RECEIVE until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Christ remains "in heaven" until all mankind is saved. He only operates "spiritually" within mankind while He is doing His work within us. Once all mankind has been saved, it will no longer be necessary for Christ to appear to us that way.

And since Christ is going to save all mankind, "every eye" will see Him in this manner. This event of "seeing" Him happens when He appears to us at the Latter Rain (the second coming).

This verse applies:

Heb 9:28 So Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

Christ first "appeared" to mankind in the flesh when He did His work on the cross. The "second time" He appears is at the Latter Rain event when He brings salvation to us. At the time of the Early Rain, He does not appear to us. He remains veiled.

There are many more verses which teach the truth of the Early And Latter Rain but the truth is hidden in spiritual language. This is why Christ and His church are a great mystery. Only those who are given "eyes that can see" at the time of the Latter Rain can unlock this great mystery.

Not really Joe. The scriptures teach us that it is not God’s will that we sin but if any man sin we have an advocate with the father, Jesus Christ the righteous in 1 John 2:1. So it is not God’s will for us to continue practicing known unrepentant sin. Jesus also says that if we continue in His Word we shall know the truth and the truth shall set us free from our sins in John 8:31-36. This being also confirmed by Paul in Romans 6:1-23. John goes on further to say that how we know that we know God is if we keep His commandments and he that says he knows God and does not keep His commandments is a liar and the truth is not in him in 1 John 2:3-4.

So to claim that God cannot save us from our sins is not biblical and denies the very gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ and is another gospel that is not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:6-9; 2 Corinthians 11:4). This is why Jesus said unless a man is born again he cannot enter into the kingdom of Heaven in John 3:3-7. Jesus taught us that unless we are made clean from the inside out and that our righteousness exceeds that of the external observance of the law like the Scribes and the Pharisees we cannot enter into the Kingdom of heaven (Matthew 5:17-20).

Matthew 5:20 is interesting because on the outside the Scribes and Pharisees as JESUS taught appeared righteous to men. Outwardly blameless in regards to following God's 10 commandments but inwardly Jesus says they were full of SIN (breaking God's LAW) *Matthew 23:27-28. JESUS says; For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no wise enter into the kingdom of heaven *Matthew 5:20. The scripture in Isaiah 42:21 was posted to show that Jesus came to teach the true meaning of God's Law and that is it is to be applied to the inside out not for appearance to appear righteous to men but being inwardly full of sin and dead mans bones. God reads the heart and knows we are all sick with sin *Matthew 15:19-20; Matthew 12:34-35; Jeremiah 13:23; Jeremiah 17:9-10; Matthew 15:19-20; John 5:42 and in need of a Saviour from SIN. Many do not know the meaning here Matthew 9:12-13.

This is leading to the new covenant promise of a new heart to love *Hebrews 8:10-12; John 5:42; 1 John 5:17-19; 1 John 4:16; 1 John 5:3; 1 John 4:8. We do not have the love of God in us *John 5:42. We need to be born of god to love *1 John 4:7 and partake of the new covenant promise. This is why Jesus teaches in *John 3:3-7 that unless we are made clean from the inside out and born again to love we cannot enter the kingdom of heaven. This is what Jesus is talking about in Matthew 5:20 when discussing the Scribes and the Pharisees teaching the application of God's law from the inside out.

Whosoever is born of god to love in the new covenant *Hebrews 8:10-12 does not knowingly practice sin *1 John 3:9; Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12; Romans 3:31; Matthew 22:36-40. This is the good news of the gospels in the new covenant we have a saviour to save us from sin (not in sin) but we have to be made new to walk in God's Spirit *Galatians 5:16; Romans 8:1-4.

1 John 3:3-10 is talking about all those who are born again to love and it is love that fulfills God's law in all those who believe and follow God's word in the new covenant *Hebrews 8:10-12; Romans 13:8-10. this results in a people that keep God's law (10 commandments) from the inside out. *Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14; 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:3-10; Romans 13:8-10; romans 3:31; Hebrews 8:10-12. Unless we are born again to love we cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven *John 3:3-7.

………….

So what the conclusion of the matter?

Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: FEAR GOD, AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS: FOR THIS IS THE WHOLE DUTY OF MAN.

God’s law (10 commandments) is not abolished they are fulfilled and established in the life of a believer as they believe God’s Word and abide in Christ and walk in God’s Spirit *Galatians 5:16; Romans 3:31; Romans 8:4.

Hope this is helpful

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So you think the dead are going straight to punishment before judgement of any kind ?? And what about the righteous dead?
No, not sure why you posted this Carl. Where did I say the dead are going straight to punishment? Perhaps you might have a misunderstanding here?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Certain people today seem determined to remain under the law and be justified by the law just like the Israelites in Romans 10:1-4.
According to the scriptures in Romans 3:19-20 we are only "Under the law" if we stand guilty before God of breaking the law. Certain people do not seem to understand this and will only find out too late when Jesus returns and says to them "depart from me you who practice sin I never knew you" (Matthew 7:21-23). It doesn't have to be this way however. God's sheep hear His Voice (the Word) and follow him. Those who do not hear and follow are not His sheep according to Jesus in John 10:26-27.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Joe we are in agreement... I am strong on exposing this because I have concern for readers that may fall for the clever presentation of scriptures in such a way as to bring bondage to Law. We have many new believers here, trying to process this stuff, and it is potentially very confusing.
According to the scriptures it is not God's law that we are in bondage to because Paul say Gods' law gives us the knowledge of what sin is in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and says therefore God's law is holy, just and good. It is the law of sin and death that we are all in bondage and why we need Gods' salvation Carl according to the scriptures (see Romans 7:8; 23; Romans 8:2-4).

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟381,712.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My conclusion is not worth a penny, it's what God thinks that matters.

Jesus said, IF you love Me, keep My commandments. John 14:15

Also, I never once placed judgment in my post and if I did can you please quote me? I did provide scriptures on direct quotes from Jesus. It's not my place to judge, that is reserved for our Savior. I do believe our time is short on this earth and there are so many false gospels right now including thinking we are free to lie, worship other gods, vain God's name, steal, murder or profane God's holy Sabbath day. If we study the bible, the answer to this question is obvious.

Also you never completed Paul's thought on God's laws:

“Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.Romans 3:31

God bless.

Your message effectively excludes Sunday Sabbath observers from God's Kingdom... Yes or No

• Informative
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟381,712.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, not sure why you posted this Carl. Where did I say the dead are going straight to punishment? Perhaps you might have a misunderstanding here?

You plainly said the grave was Hell.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟381,712.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to the scriptures it is not God's law that we are in bondage to because Paul say Gods' law gives us the knowledge of what sin is in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and says therefore God's law is holy, just and good. It is the law of sin and death that we are all in bondage and why we need Gods' salvation Carl according to the scriptures (see Romans 7:8; 23; Romans 8:2-4).

Sadly you deny the faith of all but Saturday Sabbath keepers because you insist we keep all 10. Correct???

• Informative
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟487,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your message effectively excludes Sunday Sabbath observers from God's Kingdom... Yes or No
Hi Carl,

I am quoting scriptures, not writing scripture.

What does Jesus say:

Mathew 15:9 And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”

There is no commandment from God or Jesus to to keep holy the first day. God never blessed or sanctified the first day. God commanded us to Remember and keep holy the seventh day. Exodus 20:8-11. These are God’s Words that He not only spoke, He wrote them with His own hand. He did that for you and me and when we obey God we are obeying His authority and not mans traditions that Jesus warned us about.

We are told James 2:10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all

Like I stated previously, you can keep the Sabbath day holy and if you break another commandment, you are guilty of breaking them all. We should strive to keep all of God’s laws because Jesus asked and that’s how we show our Savior our love. John 14:15, John 15:10, 1 John 5:3, Exodus 20:6

God bless

• Winner
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟487,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sadly you deny the faith of all but Saturday Sabbath keepers because you insist we keep all 10. Correct???
When we have faith should we have faith in all of the Word or just the parts we want to? Having faith to me is obeying our God in who we place our faith in. If He asks us to so something are we showing faith in Him when we listen and obey or when we do our own thing?

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟381,712.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Carl,

I am quoting scriptures, not writing scripture.

What does Jesus say:

Mathew 15:9 And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”

There is no commandment from God or Jesus to to keep holy the first day. God never blessed or sanctified the first day. God commanded us to Remember and keep holy the seventh day. Exodus 20:8-11. These are God’s Words that He not only spoke, He wrote them with His own hand. He did that for you and me and when we obey God we are obeying His authority and not mans traditions that Jesus warned us about.

We are told James 2:10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all

Like I stated previously, you can keep the Sabbath day holy and if you break another commandment, you are guilty of breaking them all. We should strive to keep all of God’s laws because Jesus asked and that’s how we show our Savior our love. John 14:15, John 15:10, 1 John 5:3, Exodus 20:6

God bless

Yes the JW's and Morman's quote scripture as well...

The issue is what spirit is the theology driven by ???

We show our Saviour our Love by obeying the Law of the Spirit within us.

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FaithWillDo

Jan 5, 2021
Fort Collins, Colorado
✟31,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow! So when Eve ate the forbidden fruit that was caused by God?

Dear Sabbathblessings,
You said:
Wow! So when Eve ate the forbidden fruit that was caused by God? God made that choice for Eve to sin which caused the devil to have dominion over the earth? Maybe you can show me scripture where it says that.

Yes, it was God's plan and purpose for Adam and Eve to sin and be cast out of the Garden.

The purpose of God's creation is to produce many new children of God. For us to be His children though, it is necessary that we know "good and evil".

Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil...

For that reason, God created mankind spiritually marred and subject to vanity. It was not a mistake because God never makes mistakes. Because of mankind's spiritual flaws, we quickly become carnally minded and we sin quite easily.

In the Garden of Eden, Eve became carnally minded BEFORE she sinned. In Gen 3:6, she expressed all three causes of sin which come from being carnally minded:

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food (lust of the flesh), and that it was pleasant to the eyes (lust of the eyes), and a tree to be desired to make one wise (pride of life), she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat...

1John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

It isn't sin that causes mankind to be carnally minded. Just the opposite is true. Our carnal minds are the cause of our sin. And our carnal minds are a product of our spiritual flaws which God purposely created within mankind.

This creation of God's is not some experiment where He hopes some of mankind will become His children. He is not on plan B, C, OR D. He is on plan A and will not deviate from it because it is perfect for producing His offspring.

Since God requires His children to know good and evil, He causes us to experience "evil" before we experience "good". To God, evil is a tool that He uses in the creation of His perfect children. Here are some examples of God creating and using evil:

Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

Isa 45:5-7 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Job 2:10 But he said to her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. We have also received good from God, and should we not receive evil? In all this Job did not sin with his lips.

Ecc 7:13 Consider the work of God: for who can make that straight, which he hath made crooked?

Lam 3:38 Out of the mouth of the Most High doth not there proceed evil and good?

Ecc 1:13 An experience of evil God has GIVEN to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

Prov 16:4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

All mankind will experience evil but when God's purpose of evil within mankind has been satisfied, He will restore us back to Himself. For this purpose, God sent Christ to destroy our flawed spiritual nature and then to give us a new birth as a spiritually perfect child of God.

Jer 18:4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.

After Christ finishes His work within mankind, God will have many new children and then God will be "all in all".

You said:
He threw Lucifer out of Heaven because he sinned. Was that also God's choice?

Isa 54:16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning.

The name "Lucifer" is not in scripture, it is only there because of a poor translation. The devil is named Satan and he is not a fallen angel. Satan was created to be the god of this world and to enhance mankind's experience of evil. He is mankind's destroyer and tempter. Here is an example of how God uses Satan:

2 Sam 24:1 And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

So how did God "move" David? He sent Satan:

1 Chron 21:1 And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

Like mankind, Satan and his angels have no free will either. God is in control of every aspect of His creation. Nothing happens within God's creation that God does not purposely cause. He never "allows" anything, He causes everything.

You said:
I know Paul is the favorite to quote to those who want to believe the law is no more.

I have never said the Law is "no more". The temple sacrifices, etc. were "fulfilled" by Christ and when Christ is "within us", His sacrifice covers our sin. The temple sacrifices are a shadow of the sacrifice Christ brings to us spiritually. For that reason the temple sacrifices are no longer needed. They are fulfilled in Christ.

And as I have been saying, the Law of God is summed up by two commandments and is written in our hearts. Our new spiritual nature never sins and never disobeys the Law of God. The Law endures forever.

You said:
Before we receive grace, we have to go through God's righteous judgment, based on our actions. We are told to take the narrow path, that's the choice we can all make.

There is absolutely NOTHING we have to do to receive the Grace of God. It will be freely given to all mankind at a time of God's choosing. Also, judgment is a step along the pathway of salvation that we must experience. In order to be saved, we must be judged.

Mat 3:11-12 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire: Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Isa 26:9 With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

All mankind will be baptized with fire (judgment). The first to be judged are those being saving in this present age. They are His First-Fruits of His harvest of mankind.

Christ's judgment is not like mankind's judgment.

Prov 28:5 Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Christ's judgment is for the purpose of teaching us His righteousness.

Isa 26:9 With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

Isa 1:27 Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness.

Psa 33:5 He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.

You said:
Does everyone choose vanity in this world?

Yes, we all choose vanity and we all choose to sin. We are spiritually flawed and cannot make any other choice UNTIL Christ comes to us and destroys our flawed spiritual nature. We must be "born again" with God's nature before vanity and sin can cease to rule over us.

You said:
Jesus told me to obey Him, if I love Him. I do, so I will continue and His laws are not burdensome to me.

So you don't sin anymore?

If you believe in "free will", you are still under the Law of sin and death and have committed the sin that leads to death. To be saved, we must approach Christ by faith alone and our faith is in the knowledge that Christ will do all the work to change us from within so that we never sin again. He will defeat the "giants in the land". Trying to follow the Law is suppose to lead us to Christ and the New Covenant because no one has ever been saved trying to follow the law from their own supposed "free will" ability.

You said:
When you try to remove God's laws you are essentially removing God, because God's essence and character is in His laws, which is why His Ten commandments is stored in the Most Holy of God's Temple. They are God's treasure. If they are God's treasure should they not be ours too?

God's treasure is the knowledge of Him (includes His commandments) but it is hidden from this world:

Prov 2:1-5 My son, if you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.

God's truth is only revealed after a called and chosen believer receives the Latter Rain of the Spirit. Until that time, we are deceived by Satan and can only follow his ways. We have no free will ability to deviate from the path that God has laid out.

Joe

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟487,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes the JW's and Morman's quote scripture as well...

The issue is what spirit is the theology driven by ???

We show our Saviour our Love by obeying the Law of the Spirit within us.
Not sure what JW has to do with the scripture I posted. I’m not JW.

Can we obey the law of God in Spirit without the letter? Maybe you can explain this. Does this mean we are free to literally murder but not spiritually murder?

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟381,712.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When we have faith should we have faith in all of the Word or just the parts we want to? Having faith to me is obeying our God in who we place our faith in. If He asks us to so something are we showing faith in Him when we listen and obey or when we do our own thing?

Faith comes from hearing His living Word within us. This is the Law of the Spirit which He promised as part of His indwelling presence. Obeying the Law of the Spirit within is not 'doing your own thing' as you claim - far from it...

• Useful
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟487,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Faith comes from hearing His living Word within us. This is the Law of the Spirit which He promised as part of His indwelling presence. Obeying the Law of the Spirit within is not 'doing your own thing' as you claim - far from it...
So we should do God’s will and not our own, is that what you’re saying?

Last edited:
  • Useful
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Dear Carl,
This is the first time I have had a discussion on the forum with a SDA believer. I've always wondered what verses they use to support their beliefs. However, their beliefs are just another form of "works" that most believers rely on for salvation. We all travel that same path for a time so we shouldn't judge them. We all live by everything that comes out of the mouth of God, including the evil that He has us experience. But in the end, He will restore us all to the Father. This is the patience of the saints.

Rev 13:10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Joe

Sadly your claims have no truth in them. As posted earlier and once again so there is no misunderstandings as to what we believe, according to the scriptures, we are saved by grace through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God and not of works lest any man should boast *Ephesians 2:8-9 but Gods grace is so we can be obedient to the faith *Romans 1:5. Obedience to God's Law is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of faith of one that is already been given Gods promise of salvation and the fruit of God's work in us *Philippians 2:13 as we believe and follow his word *John 10:26-27. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *James 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *Matthew 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50; Hebrews 10:26-27. Therefore we do not abolish God's law through faith like some people teach but God's law is established in the heart by faith that works by love *Romans 3:31; 1 John 5:3-4; Romans 13:8-10. According to the scriptures, sin (breaking God' commandments and not believing and following God's Word) is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil *1 John 3:6-10; 1 John 2:3-4; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14. At the second coming Christs reward is with him *Revelation 22:12. The righteous receive their reward of eternal life *Revelation 22:14 and the wicked, the lake of fire. All men will not be saved.

Now what is it here you do not believe?

Upvote 0