• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

4 years clean. Maybe this story will help someone.

Lieke

Nov 27, 2019
Eindhoven
✟11,490.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi i have been sober for 4years now and a few months. Nexst year july will be my fifth year. I used to smoke weed. And did xtc. If i would still been smoking today then im sure i would have tried harder drugs. Because i believe weed CAN be a gateway drugs. Im not talking about medicinal marihuana. That a whole other story wich i will not go into in this thread.

About 4 and a half year ago i decided to get clean. Because of mental issues, and because i was starting to lose everything. And everyone. I got into a rehab facility. For about 6to 8 months. In thoose months. We had a group. Were we could talk and share. One day their were people with them. From a church. A teenager and a man. We talked about god. And jesus. And about what religion could do. She talked about how she always wanted to be like jesus. And at the end. They asked could we pray for you guys. We agreed. Thwy started praying. And asked for the holy spirit to enter the room and fill us with love. That jesus would enter in our lives. After the prayer everyone said that they felt loved, and all warm inside. Even me.
I started thinking and came to the conclussion i wanted to know more. So i asked my friend about it. Who is a christian. We talked about it and he gave me a cross necklage. Wich i still wear every day. At that point i believed that you need jesus in your life to stay sober. You cant do it alone.
When i was out of rehab i went to a gathering were i came to faith. And evey time i find myself in a situation were i for instance feel like i would use of were i want to use. I pray.

When you use you try to fill a hole. A hole jesus should fill. I think thats the best way to describe it.

I hope i can help someone with this. If you have questions you can ask me.