• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

4:39am excruciating pain can't sleep

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I hope you are better today. I am lifting you up in prayer Angeleyes.

Thank you, I do feel better today. It hasn't been excruciating for the last few days. Turns out it is a draining duct in my cheek not abcess, thank God. But the oral surgeons said they want to do a root canal since that tooth is killing me all the time. They want 1200 though so I'll have to save for it/ get dental insurance :/. Better than death by abcess though, a lot better.

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Bone infection or gum infection makes the most sense at this point. Swishing oil with easentiae oils seems to be kind of helpful the gum around the tooth seems to hurt worse than the tooth itself.

My guess would be a gum infection as well, and if it goes deep enough, it can irritate the nerves and cause pain. When they did the X-rays, they were probably checking the bone. When the infection is in the bone, the body will start destroying it, which will show up on the X-ray.

Just a suggestion, but you could try Oil of Clove if you haven't already(its also an essential oil, extracted from the clove plant). Believe it or not, when I ended up with a dry socket following the removal of my wisdom teeth, it was many many times more effective for treating the pain than 100 mg of Demerol(aka. Meperidine). Burns like hell when you first apply it, but it does provide relief.

While painful, believe me when I say shoulder surgery is far more painful than oral. It took 15 mg ER morphine every 12 hrs. and 5 mg Oxycodone every 4-6 hrs. just to be able to get a couple hours of sleep after the nerve block wore off. I wanted to throttle the surgeon, to say the least; especially since I have to go through another surgery due to the shoulder freezing up again. Fortunately, I think we'll get it right this time since inflammation seemed to be the major issue, which means I won't have to be on painkillers for 4+ weeks.
Apparently there was an issue involving a greater potential for infection if they tried to load the shoulder up with steroids in the first operation where they had to remove a lot of scar tissue. My fibroblasts really went to town on my shoulder for some reason...

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟417,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don’t understand why no one gave you antibiotics?! You could take some golden seal caps- a natural antibiotic. It works sometimes on infections, if you think that’s the problem? How long before you see some one again. A
@Jenniferdiana

Upvote 0