Arkansas
✟22,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I turned 30 last year, looking back I felt about the same way.

I had a really transformative year. I'm not sure if it was because I turned 30, or just coincidence. I got in shape, I lost 40lbs+ and went from obese to a normal/healthy weight, started seeing a therapist for my anxiety (best thing ever for my mental health), got serious about my relationship with my husband and our family, and most of all went from being a complacent Christian to really progressing in my relationship with Christ.

31 has been really good so far.

Reactions: biblicalbro
Upvote 0

biblicalbro

Child of God
Aug 19, 2014
✟29,047.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I turned 30 last year, looking back I felt about the same way.

I had a really transformative year. I'm not sure if it was because I turned 30, or just coincidence. I got in shape, I lost 40lbs+ and went from obese to a normal/healthy weight, started seeing a therapist for my anxiety (best thing ever for my mental health), got serious about my relationship with my husband and our family, and most of all went from being a complacent Christian to really progressing in my relationship with Christ.

31 has been really good so far.

Yeah I feel like self-care, relationships, and one's walk in Christ is further taken into account. Life is short, so every moment counts! Thanks for sharing. Happy to hear of the progress you've made.

Reactions: ms.smith
Upvote 0

Michael972

Sep 18, 2018
Bellefontaine
✟7,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I would say, if you have mentors or some one that made a difference in your life to go see them one last time. Lost a lot of mentors over the years and still have questions for them. See old church friends if you are not in your home town church. I have lost a lot of family and friends.

Find a best friend if you haven't already. I am finding out the older I get the less friends I have. Life happens, people move, people fall away from God, and sometimes everyone is married.

Put your best foot forward, I don't know your life situation. If it was rough and hard like mine has been for the past 7 years keep looking ahead.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,473,503.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
At the other end of my 30s (will be 40 next year). I feel like my 30s are the decade where my life kind of came together; after spending a lot of my 20s a bit directionless, now I feel like I know who I am, where I belong, and what I should be doing.

Everybody's journey is different, though. At 30 I'd gone back to study; you might not need to do anything like that!

I guess maybe I'd say trust your growing maturity?

Reactions: samylakes
Upvote 0

samylakes

Supporter
Nov 5, 2019
Zwolle
✟24,406.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I turned 30 a few months ago. It feels so surreal. Still does. Just wanted to ask for any input or advice or anything you wish you would've done in 30s that is necessary. I would definitely appreciate it. Thank you.

I turned 30 as well a few months ago. I still don't feel like I'm 30 though, but more like a 20-something. So thanks for making this thread, I'm also quite curious at what other people feel was beneficial to their life to do during this period.

Upvote 0

biblicalbro

Child of God
Aug 19, 2014
✟29,047.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, I feel like there's so many crossroads in my life in terms of what I want to do. Spiritually speaking, I'm in a place where I desire to grow in the Lord like never before. Socially, I am looking for meaningful relationships as I've lost close friends and it's difficult to find it amongst the crowds.

Reactions: samylakes
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Congratulations with your birthday months ago! ;):):thumbsup:

I have changed my view on age in general now. What matters most isn't how we feel about turning a certain age or what others thinks, but what is most important is keeping our focus on God and what He wants!

Think of Jesus, I don't think he was worried when turning 30!? He cared more about doing the Father's Will! And so should we too think!

It is something we have learned from this world about the age stages. People worry too much about this, whilst we should instead strive more towards having more growth in Christ.

Keep your eyes fixated on Jesus the author and finisher of your faith! Hebrews 12:2

Upvote 0