✟19,397.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
canadiancarebear said:
I watched it last night, I thought that was the first episode??? Anyways, I love it and it should definitely be a show that makes it to DVD.

It wasn't the first episode. Not sure why it was 2 hrs. other than all 3 wishes were pretty involved. I think it was the 3rd time it's been on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CarrieAg93

Senior Veteran
Oct 18, 2004
Texas
✟19,397.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
SOLDOUT4HIM said:
What is it about, is it purely teary junk (just for the ladies), and what is it similar too?

It is teary, but I don't think it's "junk". Amy Grant and her team go to a small town and find 3 wishes to grant. Usually there's at least one really serious one involving someone with some kind of medical issue and then a couple of smaller "fun" ones.

One of the fun ones involved a little league team made up of mostly lower income kids who hadn't won a game all season. The coach felt like he was letting them down and wished for help to make them feel like winners. Well they all went to a Rangers game and got coached for a day by some of the Rangers. They also got new uniforms and bats. Their last game of the season was against the #1 team. They were actually ahead at one point, but the other team game back and beat them in extra innings. At least they all ended up feeling a lot better about themselves.

DH and my dad both like it. You should check it out.

Upvote 0

allieisme

I am ME
Apr 1, 2002
✟19,803.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's teary but then again, it could be me.. I'm pretty emotional about anything :D
The show has good wholesome values-IMO
I dont know why it was on for 2 hours either, I think the one where the dad had brain cancer was more involved then the other ones though.
One of the fun ones involved a little league team made up of mostly lower income kids who hadn't won a game all season. The coach felt like he was letting them down and wished for help to make them feel like winners. Well they all went to a Rangers game and got coached for a day by some of the Rangers. They also got new uniforms and bats. Their last game of the season was against the #1 team. They were actually ahead at one point, but the other team game back and beat them in extra innings. At least they all ended up feeling a lot better about themselves.
YEP, that one was awesome. You could tell the dynamic of the team changed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

California Dreamin'

Crazy Cat Lady
Site Supporter
Mar 30, 2004
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟60,435.00
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Engaged
I have been going to the local university's Christian Fellowship group on Friday nights and last week I stayed home, so that's why I caught Three Wishes last week. I loved it!
A friend wants to see me tonight (but doesn't have to, I saw them Monday but it feels like ages ago already), Three Wishes is on, and then Christian Fellowship is every Friday night. I didn't go last week because of Canadian Thanksgiving so mostly everyone was gone... I don't know what I'll do tonight, I might end up just staying home, I don't feel that great.
I was trying to set the VCR up a couple weeks ago, maybe I can figure it out tonight to record. It's been SOOOOO long since I recorded anything!

Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
There are not very many of the current lineup of shows that are worth anything, but Three Wishes is a wholesome breath of fresh air -- I hope it lasts.

I saw that story of the girl in a wheelchair who was determined to stand up and walk to get her diploma at her high school graduation ceremony. Beautiful and heartwarming!

Upvote 0