20 years and it's all going to disappear...

dluvs2trvl

What You See Is What You Get!
Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
D, doesn't your company have a retirement attached to it? I nown that where I work, we have retirement benefits, ad I am 'vested' in it. So, even if I were to retire now, I would be able to draw on it. (it wouldn't be much, but some)
Yes, my company does have a retirement and I've been vested for years and years so I will be able to draw on that once I retire (in another 25 years :doh: :D) so that's a good thing...

It seems really sad that a company can let you go, merely because the boss doesn't like you. If you do your job, the way you are supposed to, then there shouidn't be any grounds for termination. I am still praying for you!
Yes, it is sad...but it has happened multiple times before with this boss and the company chooses not to do anything about it. We are part of a very large company but we are also sort of an island unto ourself...we are a pretty isolated part of the company so no one really knows what goes on there except for what my boss reports back so for those of us little nobody's it is hard to get our voices heard...I know that I could take legal action or pursue some various avenues but I really, truly don't have the emotional energy to do so...I just want peace...that's what I'm praying for...I do plan on letting HR know exactly what I think on my way out the door but I just don't want to expend the time, energy and cost to pursue anything else...

Upvote 0

hope4today

Veteran
May 6, 2005
Perth
✟11,928.00
Faith
Christian
D, sorry I missed all this while I was AWOL again.

First things first....

Do you know how much you mean to me?

Do you know how much you have blessed me since we met here?

Do you know how much I love you and what beautiful woman you are?

Do you know how much your kindness, compassion, love for God and people just oozes out of you?

It is more than I can tell you. You mean so much to me. You have blessed me over and over again. I love and care so much about you and you are a beautiful, compassionate, lovely woman of God!! I just so much hope that one day we can meet, my precious friend.

Now to the other thought in my head. It is a repeat from what I posted to AFT in the prayer request thread and I think it applies equally well here so I'm copying it.

Regardless of the circumstances God IS faithful. Even when it looks bad.
Right now, I'm thinking of Joseph and how he did the right thing and ran from Potipher's (right name?) wife and then ended up in prison. It looked like God had deserted him, but it was from the prison that he ended up in Pharoah's house and leader of the country. And even when he was in the prison, he kept trusting God and went about being faithful even there.
It might looked bad and scarey now but God is faithful and he has a good future for you, filled with hope and joy. Keep your trust in him and he will see you through whatever the future brings. He will never leave you or forsake you.

Bless you heaps D :hug:

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

What You See Is What You Get!
Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
D, sorry I missed all this while I was AWOL again.

First things first....

Do you know how much you mean to me?

Do you know how much you have blessed me since we met here?

Do you know how much I love you and what beautiful woman you are?

Do you know how much your kindness, compassion, love for God and people just oozes out of you?

It is more than I can tell you. You mean so much to me. You have blessed me over and over again. I love and care so much about you and you are a beautiful, compassionate, lovely woman of God!! I just so much hope that one day we can meet, my precious friend.

Now to the other thought in my head. It is a repeat from what I posted to AFT in the prayer request thread and I think it applies equally well here so I'm copying it.

Regardless of the circumstances God IS faithful. Even when it looks bad.
Right now, I'm thinking of Joseph and how he did the right thing and ran from Potipher's (right name?) wife and then ended up in prison. It looked like God had deserted him, but it was from the prison that he ended up in Pharoah's house and leader of the country. And even when he was in the prison, he kept trusting God and went about being faithful even there.
It might looked bad and scarey now but God is faithful and he has a good future for you, filled with hope and joy. Keep your trust in him and he will see you through whatever the future brings. He will never leave you or forsake you.

Bless you heaps D :hug:
Hope - I am honored and overwhelmed by your kinds words to me. Thank you so much and I hope someday we get to meet as well! Wouldn't we stir up some trouble! :D :clap:

Thank you for your reminder of Joseph...you're absolutely right! And even now I see the Lord working things out so that I can make this transition to the lower paying job if that is what He has in mind for me. He is opening financial avenues that I didn't think of and it will help me get things sorted and arranged so that I can take the cut in pay.

I know that the Lord is faithful and He will provide a way even when there seems no way.

Thank you again my dear friend - your words have touched my heart and encouraged me greatly :hug::hug::hug:

Upvote 0