• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

2 Step Program - The Perfect Solution

Jeremy Benson

A christian truther and investigator.
Oct 26, 2017
Grand Manan
Visit site
✟8,388.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wanted to share the two step program that helped get me off the addictions I was suffering. I was an addict to ecstasy, mushrooms, acid, weed, smoking, drinking, assorted pills, and tampered with other drugs, such as coke. It's totally possible to quit, and it took me some time. There's a really good system that works, and I know that if you try it, God willing, it will work for you too.

Step 1
Become a believer in God. This is important. God is the most amazing helper, and he does answer prayers. If you have separation from God, you have to heal that at the same time. Pray for God to come close, and be with you. Most of all, love God. Give him your attention. Sit in a room and love him, and listen to him. That's more important than some of the other stuff. Love God. Also, love your family and good friends that want you to quit. Listen to God, with your mind and heart still, as if in meditation. Do not forget the love. Now pray, to Jesus, to help you with your addictions, to help you get close with people that can help, and to love you. Also pray for help to stay away from the evils of the world. Pray for him to be your God, strength, and main love. Did I mention to love God? Don't forget that part. You have to understand that when you love God, your soul will enter a truth state with him, it will build holiness. In this truth, you will see and hear what is good for you.

Step 2
Quit. That's the number one step for stopping other than the aid and support. I said, time and time again, the only way to quit anything is to not do it. You can't quit smoking with a cigarette in your mouth. You don't quit drugs on your way to a drug dealers house (metaphorical.) You just don't do it.

Repeat these two steps every single day, until your habits are washing away. It could take some time, but it can happen. Have faith in God.

Last edited: