VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Unless you have a change of heart, and don't trust/continue to rely on your own understanding but seek Him out, what I have just said is exactly what Jesus will say to you one day.
I couldnt care less about your belief and your preaching isnt welcome.

Try to keep on topic.

• Winner
Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
... Indeed, what you do have is pure arrogance....go, get out!
This is one of the forums that is open to all - presumably, in a spirit of Christian welcome. There are many more forums on this site where only Christians are permitted; you might be more comfortable in those. Matthew 7:5 seems appropriate.

Btw: Only the moderators have the authority to eject or ban posters here.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,926.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Quite frankly, I'm gobsmacked that you and others that have similar ungodly/anti-God demeanours are able to remain on a Christian Forum site...I would have tossed you out right after you, having heard the faith explanation, decided you wanted nothing to do with it. Your spirit is dead, and is unable to discern/understand godly truths. I prefer to discuss Christianity with people that are searching, and not waste my time arguing with someone that is fixed on plotting their own demise, and who might draw off a new Christian, or a Christian week in faith, into the same abyss that they are trudging towards. I will work with the humble and contrite of heart, but will resist the haughty and godless. If you develop humility, let me know, I'd love to have a chat with you then.
This is a disappointing response. You are likely not aware of it, but the attitude you display here is one that turns many away from Christianity. I doubt you would wish that as an outcome of your words, nevertheless that is a reality you have chosen to be part of.

Now, my spirit is very much alive. If I am mistaken and we are made in God's image, then that means we have, amongst other attributes, intellect and compassion. It seems unlikely God would give us enquiring minds if he did not intend we use them. When we do use them we progressively discover a remarkable universe in which those minds have emerged from a suite of laws and constants over billions of years and that observation inspires my spirit, while it seems it causes yours grave disquiet.

I also mention compassion. You think I'm headed for hell, but rather than reach out you will only entertain discussion with those who are searching, while you demand that we develop humility before that discussion can occur. That doesn't strike me as very Christ like. I remind you of Mathew 7: 1-5.

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
If this "design" is so good (and we know it is because it is quite common in human designs) then why isn't it found throughout the natural world? Why is it ONLY in this one insect? How incompetent must a "designer" be to come up with such a brilliant solution to an engineering problem and use it in only one life form (on a MICROSCOPIC level no less) in the entire Cosmos?

Also, being omnipotent, and having "created" everything a mere 6000 years ago, it could very easily have snapped it's fingers and included this design in pretty much anything it wanted to in order to leave no doubt that everything from insects to tectonic plates were the product of a "designer" because they all incorporate gears in their moving parts.
so gears and watchs are evidence for design or not?

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
so a self replicating watch doesnt need design?
Who knows? there's no such thing as a self replicating watch...

We've been through all this nonsense repeatedly pointing out how your analogies fail every time through equivocation and false equivalence fallacies.

Having said that, systems that behave like clocks can be produced by selective evolution:

• Winner
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,926.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I'm not sure, but repetition of oft answered questions is evidence for absence of intelligence.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
A gear is not evidence of design. A watch is not evidence of design. Certain aspects of gears and watches are the evidence for design. You've been told this many times.

Now tell us - does your self replicating watch have any evidence of design? Are there any toolmarks, non-naturally occurring materials etc?

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Tony B

Oct 7, 2018
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
✟28,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
do you believe in evolution or just variations of existing creatures?

I think the best answer I can give is that as far as every creature that has ever existed is concerned, they have come about directly as a result of our God's creativity and intelligence, and power. He has left nothing as far as His creation is concerned, to chance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I think the best answer I can give is that as far as every creature that has ever existed is concerned, they have come about directly as a result of our God's creativity and intelligence, and power. He has left nothing as far as His creation is concerned, to chance.
Original sin was planned?

Upvote 0

Tony B

Oct 7, 2018
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
✟28,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Original sin was planned?

Was talking about physical creation...the creation of the body or thing. Man was given a free will, but were required to operate within the boundaries God imposed. Adam and Eve didn't, but that was their choice. They wore the consequence of their disobedience, and so do we.

But as far as the OP and creation is concerned, God has not left anything to chance, He has planned and designed everything according to His purposes.

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Was talking about physical creation...the creation of the body or thing. Man was given a free will, but were required to operate within the boundaries God imposed. Adam and Eve didn't, but that was their choice. They wore the consequence of their disobedience, and so do we.

But as far as the OP and creation is concerned, God has not left anything to chance, He has planned and designed everything according to His purposes.
You are of course free to believe anything you want.

But when belief contradict physical reality it looses every time.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

Ah, OK. How do you know the ridiculous physical design we have was planned but original sin wasn't? No special pleading, please.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I think the best answer I can give is that as far as every creature that has ever existed is concerned, they have come about directly as a result of our God's creativity and intelligence, and power.
Bummer that you have no objective, scientific, empirical evidence that this is so.

Your religiously based assertion, no matter how fervently expresed, isn't convincing to anyone who isn't a member of your religion (and even to many inside of your religion).

• Agree
Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0