Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
2Co 12:4 KJV How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

How does one interpret this verse? Is it talking about somebody who was assumed in to Heaven? :confused:

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
2Co 12:4 KJV How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

How does one interpret this verse? Is it talking about somebody who was assumed in to Heaven? :confused:
That is an interesting passage. Could he have known John visioned revelation as Paul must have had knowledge of it since he referred to so many prophecies that are written in that book. Not really sure, as I am of the view that perhaps John visioned revelation shortly after the Cross or Pentecost .

http://www.scripture4all.org/

2 corinthians 12:4 That was-caught-away/hrpagh <726> (5648) into the paradise/paradeison <3857> and hears unuterrable sayings which not allowing to man to speak

TexRec) 2 Corinthians 12:4 oti hrpagh eiV ton paradeison kai hkousen arrhta rhmata a ouk exon anqrwpw lalhsai
Revelation 4:1 After these I saw and Behold! A door having opened in the heaven, and the sound, the first which I hear, as of a trumpet speaking with me saying: "Ascend hence! and I shall be showing to thee which-things is binding to be becoming after these.

Upvote 0

EvesAdam

God's Servant
Mar 25, 2008
Visit site
✟15,836.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
PaladinGirl;45834022]2Co 12:4 KJV How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

paradise in Greek or Hebrew gives “Eden”

Luke 23:43 Jesus answered him, “I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise

Revelation 2:7 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

v4 is not a stand alone verse you need vv2 & 3 with it.

2Corinthians 12:2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know — God knows.

2Corinthians 12:3 And I know that this man — whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows —

2Corinthians 12:4 was caught up to paradise. He heard inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell.

Paul had problems with “false teachers” just as we do today and they were bragging to everyone about things that happened to them.

No one could prove if they had dreams or visions so Paul told them about what happened to him; he was not trying to boost his ego in front of anyone so he used “I know a man” .

Later Paul admits that the “man” was him.

The “whether in the body or apart from the body” he is saying that he did not know if it was a vision or a dream or literally there in body.

None of the visions recorded in Acts can be identified with the vision or revelation related here, since it occurred fourteen years before this.

During the ten so-called “silent years” (A.D. 35-45) that Paul spent in Syria and Cilicia (Gal 1:21) and that Acts says nothing about. (But see Acts 9:30; 11:25.)

The “third heaven” or “highest heaven” in Jewish tradition is...
(1) the sky where birds and airplanes fly.
(2) the stars and planets in the sky.
(3) is where God resides.
The place of the righteous dead is located within the third heaven.

1Kings 8:27 “But will God really dwell on earth? The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built!

I hope this is of some help for you.

TGIF

Upvote 0