Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia — A 19-year-old female victim of gang rape who initially was ordered to undergo 90 lashes for "being in the car of an unrelated male at the time of the rape," has been sentenced to 200 lashes and six months in jail for telling her story to the news media.

90 lashes on a 19 year old girl........why will the world not rise up against this evil?

Ramona

If you can't see my siggy, I've disappeared ;)
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Visit site
✟55,932.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
It's terrifying for me to even think about this, because it's so close to home for me. She's my age, and I've gone through a similar tragedy to the on she went through. I have no words for how reprehensible this is. It defies all human decency.

Upvote 0

MaddyO3

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2003
Iowa
✟10,603.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I know of another situation like this in the Middle East. The rape victim was lashed but at least they cut off the offender's penis....

Cutting off his penis really does nothing to help lessen the victim's pain...

Although it does prevent him from raping anyone else.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ramona

If you can't see my siggy, I've disappeared ;)
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Visit site
✟55,932.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Cutting off his penis really does nothing to help lessen the victim's pain...

Although it does prevent him from raping anyone else.

I hate to say it but no, it definitely doesn't stop him from raping anyone else. :( Nor does it ease the victim's pain.

Upvote 0

Nienor

why so serious
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
✟29,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I hate to say it but no, it definitely doesn't stop him from raping anyone else. :( Nor does it ease the victim's pain.
mhmm.

This just makes me sad. It is never the victim's fault and punishing her for what they did to her is just adding to all the pain she's going through

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The 200 lashes are for daring to question the judicial system, and being in a car with males that were not related to her.
Wasn't she forced, at threat of death, into the car?

I think she was originally sentenced to 80 lashes, but when the press asked for a review they increased the punishment.
She would have been better in the courts eyes to have
made the men kill her.
Truly sad when a society blames a woman for being raped.
And we think we have legal problems here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lugus

Jun 28, 2006
Visit site
✟8,208.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Very sad -- And the Western world thinks that these people will assimilate. How arrogant we are! Our leaders (?) must be incredibly stupid or they must think that we are.

If people like this are living in the UK, is it any wonder that the Brits are leaving?
http://foru.ms/t6433603-emigration-soars-as-britons-desert-the-uk.html

There is a lesson for us to learn from this. And, it is not that we should hate Muslims. I don't and I hope that others don't. The lesson to be learned here is that there are some people who will, for whatever reason, have a difficult time adapting to a different culture. Any person or people who can not adapt to the laws (and perhaps even the customs) of another country should stay out of that coutry.

Upvote 0

craigerNY

I bring nothing to the table
Feb 28, 2007
Upstate NY
✟56,288.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Very sad -- And the Western world thinks that these people will assimilate. How arrogant we are! Our leaders (?) must be incredibly stupid or they must think that we are.

If people like this are living in the UK, is it any wonder that the Brits are leaving?
http://foru.ms/t6433603-emigration-soars-as-britons-desert-the-uk.html

There is a lesson for us to learn from this. And, it is not that we should hate Muslims. I don't and I hope that others don't. The lesson to be learned here is that there are some people who will, for whatever reason, have a difficult time adapting to a different culture. Any person or people who can not adapt to the laws (and perhaps even the customs) of another country should stay out of that coutry.

It is estimated that 6-8 million Muslims live in the U.S. but just for fun let's say it is only 1 million. With that many people that can not be assimilated as you say why is this not happening here in the U.S.?

You say you don't hate Muslims and I suppose not knowing you I can not charge you with that. However, I can charge you with the belief that millions of law abiding citizens currently residing in the U.S. are not actually truly "assimilated". Call it what you want your words speak for themselves.

The truest thing you said:

The lesson to be learned here is that there are some people who will, for whatever reason, have a difficult time adapting to a different culture.

Ironically true.

Upvote 0

Lugus

Jun 28, 2006
Visit site
✟8,208.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It is estimated that 6-8 million Muslims live in the U.S. but just for fun let's say it is only 1 million. With that many people that can not be assimilated as you say why is this not happening here in the U.S.?
Although the US Muslim population is difficult to know with any degree of accuracy, a realistic estimate is that there are at least 5,000,000 adherents. These 5 million come from a wide range of backgrounds. Some are immigrants, some are Americans who have converted to Islam and then there are the children of these people. http://www.islam101.com

The muslims who have immigrated to the US and their descendents are presumably financially well situated and well educated. Thus, they are not typical representatives of their faith or their homelands. Therefore, I would expect that incidences of beating raped women would be less common among this group living in the United States.

Some would argue that this kind of behavior is what we would expect from a few radical fundamentalists. That may be true but if a Muslim takes his religion and his family seriously (and virtually all Muslims do), then I expect that the vast majority of Muslims are fundamentalists.

As for the number of crimes committed by Muslims living in the US, I don’t have a clue. There are probably statistics on the number of reported crimes but even this may be difficult to quantify. I seriously doubt that we know about all or even most of the felonies committed by Muslims.

Eventually, these displaced Muslim doctors, lawyers, professors and engineers (who are living in the United States) will be joined by less sophisticated and less educated believers from their homelands. To see what impact future Muslims will have in the US, let’s take a look at Europe.

“The figures on Muslim rape of Western women in Europe are astounding. In Denmark and Norway, between 65% and 70% of all rapes are committed by Muslims, who as yet still less than 5% of the population. One local judge in Norway actually exonerated one rapist by accepting his defense that the victim's dress was taken by him to mean that she was egging him on.”
http://fjordman.blogspot.com/2005/08/rape-nothing-to-do-with-islam.html

Although Muslim men are becoming well known for their crimes against Western women, their violence does not seem to be limited to women. “Muslims make up some 70 percent of a total of 60,775 prisoners in France.”
http://www.islamonline.net/English/News/2005-06/19/article04.shtml

Upvote 0