Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
Not sure if this has ever been posted yet, but this isn't a debate question, however I am just curious to know if there is available anywhere online or in pdf form the 1598 Beza Greek New Testament? This being I think primary edition of what we now know as the Textus Receptus that was used in the translation of the KJV. Again, not wanting to start a translation debate, rather just a genuine inquiry is all. I know the 1550 Stephanus edition (basis for the Geneva New Testament) is available online:

Again was curious if the Beza text was available in the same manner.

Betho

Oct 24, 2023
Victoria, Holy Spirit
✟13,072.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The Majority Text by Pierpont and Robinson consists of two editions (1991, 2005) of the Greek New Testament, resulting from more frequent readings found in the manuscripts.

The method involves a statistical construction that does not exactly correspond to any real manuscript. The Majority Text results from the comparison of all known manuscripts with each other, deriving from them the readings that are more numerous than any others.

Pierpont and Robinson derived their text from readings that von Soden classified as Byzantine, from the K-text family. It is similar to the text of Hodges & Farstad, but Pierpont and Robinson did not include a variant apparatus. They argued that later Byzantine manuscripts were closer to the original than earlier Alexandrian manuscripts.

BIBLIOGRAPHY

Pierpont and Robinson, 2005. Maurice A. Robinson and William G. Pierpont, The New Testament in the Original Greek: Byzantine Textform, 2005. Southborough, Massachusetts: Chilton Book Publishing, 2005.

Upvote 0