Atlanta, Georgia
✟48,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I encourage you and your wife to find counseling. It would be entirely appropriate for your wife to insist on a temporary separation, with coming back being contingent upon good behavior, but I have serious doubts that would work in your case, as there seems to me there is a strong element of addiction involved.

If your wife wants to help you overcome this (and she is certainly entitled to not try), I think she needs to take control of the situation in a demanding way. I hope you can find the right counselor who can lead both of you to good decisions about the course of action and help you negotiate the contractual basis necessary to impose change.

Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like an addiction and don’t leave Christianity - Jesus came to save us from ourselves and our sins. You’re likely addicted to the thrill of the chase and once you get sex, you need that thrill again to feel important or worthwhile. Marriage is a very steady thing, but this side life you’re living is exciting yet unfulfilling.

Any life without Jesus at the center, will leave one empty and yearning for more of the world’s empty promises.

Perhaps start keeping a journal of when your urges to cheat starting appearing and see what is happening around you at that time. Is it a stress reliever? Is it an escape? Why do you feel that your life needs sex with an endless supply of women? Those answers will help you to start healing but only with Jesus.

Good luck to you!

Reactions: Xavier Cane
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist