✟8,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is that strange?

I actually have never fallen under the power in 15 years of the Holy Spirit's power. I don't feel weird about it. I have had many other Pentecostal experiences with a lot of different gifts, but falling out is one experience I have never had.

But I've never stressed it. Just thought I would pass along that, for someone who may feel out of place or like they are missing out on something. :)

G

GodDreamer

well, you don't have to be slain in the Spirit to be pentecostal...and you could have enough faith to move mountains, but that has nothing to do with it...being slain in the spirit just means that God's presence is too strong for you to handle...nothing more...nothing less...God uses different things to get each of our attentions to grow closer to Him...for some He causes them to fall down before Him, for others they cry, laugh, and for others He does miricales for them, answers prayers, etc.

Reactions: BarbaraJean
Upvote 0

Yitzchak

יצחק
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟26,333.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The thing is many people assoiate being slain in the spirit with a powerful move of the Spirit of God in their life. The part of being slain in the Spirit is not important but the powerful move of the Spirit in our life is. Seek the moving of the Spirit and allow God to control the specific manifestations.

Upvote 0

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Are people regularly being slain in the Spirit in your church? Is the rest of your fellowship Spirit- Filled? That may have some bearing on this. I was only half way there, i.e. feeling unsteady on my feet in my old church, which was going through some problems. It is not a necessity to be slain or fall out, but I just feel as well overwhelmed by God's Presence.

Upvote 0

ladycat

Sep 24, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟8,036.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
daughteroftheking1983 said:
I don't think that you have to be slain in the spirit to be spirit filled, but there is a huge pressure to be and not all of it is biblical

I agree. I've been to churches where if you don't get slain they act like there's something wrong with you. In one church where some of us were at the front praying I was pushed down, physically, by the preacher who seemed to think everyone needed to be slain in the Spirit that night. I knew that wasn't from God, but it was because I was being pushed by mortal hands of someone who was acting a little fanatic, so I resisted and he pushed harder.

Sheesh. :confused:

Upvote 0

vanilla8

He is wise, who is wise through God
Oct 16, 2005
Scotland, Shetland Islands
✟11,954.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
so, if I may ask a question, does anyone regularly see people in your church exhibiting different manifestations of God?
When I started going to my church, almost 4 years ago, it was pretty frequent, but now that I think about it, its actually, probably more than 6 months since anyone laughed, cried or fell down under the Spirit. Should we be worried?
Vanilla8

Upvote 0

CrazyforYeshua

Blessed by the Best!!
Dec 4, 2005
Ohio
✟11,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Being slain doesn't prove anything. There are some churches, as has been mentioned, that it seems to be a priority. Same with speaking in tongues, they literally listen to you to see if your prayer language is from God. I think both practices are foolish, how can anyone know if either is from God? I have also been in places where people were falling out from the git go-I didn't stay.
If you are allowing God to deal with you on issues He wants to change in your life, that's the important thing. I have an aunt that's been saved almost 60 years, has never been slain, never received the gifts of the Spirit(baptism).Is she worried about it? No, she knows God is her life, and so does He. That's all that matters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lynnallison

Dec 8, 2005
✟120.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think its interesting, altogether. I belong to an AG that has none of these slain manifestations whatsoever, and yet are some prophesies from tongues, with translation...but is very quiet, respectful, conservative church. I guess each AG is different.
Lynn

Upvote 0

c1ners

Senior Contributor
Dec 12, 2005
US
✟30,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have a lot of speaking in tongues and being slain in the spirit in our church.
I've never spoken in tongues before, but I have been slain in the spirit. I too was very skeptical. When someone would touch my head a would hold fast and make sure I was sturdy on my feet. It doesn't matter. When God decides you're going down, you're going down!:)

It was the most beautiful experience. Sort of like floating on a cloud.

Reactions: KleinerApfel
Upvote 0

flaglady

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2005
✟64,796.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
I've never been 'slain in the Spirit' either after 24 years!

I attended a lot of Pentacostal type conferences here in Sunderland 98/99and in Feb 2000, I was at the last of these when I responded to an alter call for baptism of fire. Everyone around me, about 150 in all, had been 'laid out' and I was the only one left standing!

One by one the presiding preachers - Tommy Tenny, Bill Wilson (Metro Ministries NY), John Bevere, Sergio Scataglini and Ken Gott (Sunderland) - all headed for me and all laid their hands on me. They all prayed for about five minutes but nothing happened! I walked away, picking my way through all the prostrate bodies!

However, I have no doubt what so ever now that I am Spirit-filled. You only need to see me with my flags on Sunday mornings to know that. I wouldn't be able do it otherwise, not with the energy I do. And I spend much of that time one on one with God. It's beautiful and precious and - oh, just awesome!

Rossi said:
I have to say im still very scepticle about 'slain in the spirit'.Show me scripture!
Actually, there are quite a few passages about being slain in the Spirit.

Leviticus 9:24
Fire came out from the presence of the LORD and consumed the burnt offering and the fat portions on the altar. And when all the people saw it, they shouted for joy and fell facedown.
Acts 10:10
He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance.
Acts 22:7
I fell to the ground and heard a voice say to me, 'Saul! Saul! Why do you persecute me?'
Acts 22:17
"When I returned to Jerusalem and was praying at the temple, I fell into a trance

Upvote 0

mountcastle

Dec 12, 2005
✟7,633.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I've been in the Apostolic faith all my life and I've never been slain in the Spirit. I don't think it's a necessity, nor do I think it's something that we should be completely focused on experiencing. Some churches put a large emphasis on it, but unfortunately a lot of time it is a show of the flesh. Often saints get into the habit of "feeling good" instead of letting the Lord move according to His will. The danger is believing that a saint who doesn't experience being "Spirit-slain" is incomplete or "not in the will of God".

God just needs us to be sincere and to praise His name, and seek His will. Trust me, if we do these things, we'll see His manifestation in EVERY part of our lives!:amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

flaglady

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2005
✟64,796.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Well, said, brother!
blow.gif

Upvote 0

Servant4Yeshuah

Nov 29, 2005
Seville, Spain
✟1,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
mountcastle said:
I've been in the Apostolic faith all my life and I've never been slain in the Spirit. I don't think it's a necessity, nor do I think it's something that we should be completely focused on experiencing. Some churches put a large emphasis on it, but unfortunately a lot of time it is a show of the flesh. Often saints get into the habit of "feeling good" instead of letting the Lord move according to His will. The danger is believing that a saint who doesn't experience being "Spirit-slain" is incomplete or "not in the will of God".

God just needs us to be sincere and to praise His name, and seek His will. Trust me, if we do these things, we'll see His manifestation in EVERY part of our lives!:amen:

I agree brother. Just worship the Lord and let Him do with you as He wills. :clap:
no one should be JUDGING :mad: you on being slain or not slain in the Spirit.

Upvote 0

Buckaroo

Aug 3, 2005
✟372.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Questioning Christian said:
Is that strange?

I actually have never fallen under the power in 15 years of the Holy Spirit's power. I don't feel weird about it. I have had many other Pentecostal experiences with a lot of different gifts, but falling out is one experience I have never had.

But I've never stressed it. Just thought I would pass along that, for someone who may feel out of place or like they are missing out on something. :)

For one thing there is nowhere in the Bible that says one is to be slain in the Spirit or do anything else emotional to be saved or live a Spirit filled life. Matter of fact there is nowhere that the Bible mentions anything called slain in the spirit!! I think it is mostly a emotional thing and some folks look for it to happen and go with the flow if u will and mind over matter. I have experienced it once when I was a very young christian and I think I wanted it so much I got it. I am dubious at best about that and emotionalism in general in church. Look at it like a train. There is the engine which is the facts(salvation by faith, which faith is the other salvation car and then the caboose is feelings. You have to have the first two cars for salvation but you may or may not have the feelings. Feelings are tricky and you can not always trust them if u know what I mean!:)

Upvote 0

Servant4Yeshuah

Nov 29, 2005
Seville, Spain
✟1,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Buckaroo
Actually someone posted some scriptural references (go back a couple of posts), though the term "slain in the spirit", Nonetheless, it is worship of God and His will that is worthy of pursuit not the manifestations thereof. What He does with His humble servants is up to His desire alone and are not for men to judge.

Just my humble opinon.

Lord do whatever you want with
Servant4Yeshuah

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.