Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Easter Vigil marks the anniversary of my entry into the Catholic Church. Here are ten things I found helpful when approaching my reception into the Church. I hope they are helpful to any of you out there who will be becoming Catholic this year! Several of the items on this list are helpful for us all to remember, no matter how many years we have been a part of the Catholic Faith.

1. Go to Confession
This is a good idea for anyone as we approach Easter. Let us make sure we are turning towards God in our lives, with our choices and our heart, so we are ready to receive Him and celebrate the joys of Easter Sunday. Let us bring our struggles before God, and let Him help us change. Let us get right with our God.

2. Go to as Many Services as You Can
The days leading up to Easter Sunday can be a profoundly spiritual experience for someone entering the Catholic Church. Try to attend the Triduum services. They help put our faith into context as we approach this most significant celebration. It gives you time to pray, to connect with God, and to prepare your heart.

3. Look around
When you stand in front of the congregation at the Easter Vigil in the moments after you are anointed with oil and confirmed into the Catholic Church, take a moment to look around you. Take a moment to appreciate that you are in full union with the Church established by Jesus Himself 2,000 years ago. The Church that has remained connected to its history and its source through apostolic succession. You are connected, in the most powerful way on earth, to the roots of your Christian Faith.

Continued below.

Reactions: mourningdove~