United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Lust of the Flesh, Lust of the Eye, Pride of Life

Do Not Love the World
1 Jn 2:
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
Bible Gateway passage: 1 John 2 - King James Version

Matt 7:21 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 7 - King James Version
(MY NOTE: He/she that does the will of the Father, will enter into the kingdom of heaven)

Will of the Father:
Jn 6:40 Jesus said; this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Bible Gateway passage: John 6 - King James Version
(MY NOTE: The will of the Father is: BELIEVE a sinless Jesus, died for your sins (paying Heavens required wage - Rom 6:23) was buried (proof Jesus died) & that Jesus rose from the grave on the 3rd day - 1 Cor 15:1-4)

Throughout scripture two kingdoms are revealed: one physical & one spiritual. A few Bible examples:

Cain (1st) offered by his works was natural
Abel (2nd) offered by faith was spiritual

Ishmael (1st) born by Abrams works was natural
Isaac (2nd) born by faith was spiritual

Esau (1st) was natural
Jacob (2nd) was spiritual

The 1st (Adam) was natural.
The 2nd (Jesus) was spiritual - (1 Cor 15:45-46)

The "lust of the flesh," "lust of the eye," or "pride of life

Scriptures say that Jesus tasted of every temptation that we're faced with.

See here place every temptation that befalls you:

Satan tempts Jesus: Matthew 4:1, Luke 4:2:
1st (lust of the flesh) Jesus was hungry, "If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread"

2nd (lust of the eye) "If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee"

3rd (pride of life) The devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them"

Heb 4:15 Jesus our High Priest. Who can be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; that was tempted like as we are, yet without sin

Satan temps Eve: Genesis 3:6
1st (lust of the flesh) She took of the fruit thereof, and did eat

2nd (lust of the eye) The woman saw that the tree was good for food

3rd (pride of life) A tree to be desired to make one wise

1 Cor 10:13 No temptation taken you but such as is common to man
(MY NOTE: This includes Jesus)

Heb 4:14,15 We have a great high priest, in the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession
(MY NOTE: JESUS is our Great High Priest - Heb 4:4)

1 Jn 2:
1 And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
(MY NOTE: Christ our advocate never slumbers nor sleeps)

2 He is the propitiation for our sins.
(MY NOTE: Propitiation means to make reconciliation/payment through an atoning sacrifice)