✟24,778.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why read the bible at all?
For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh in you that believe. 1 Thess. 2:13
(You can change the ye's to you and remove the th on the end of some words if it helps make it clearer for you.)

TwinCrier

Double Blessed and spreading the gospel
Oct 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟24,778.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, and their 'bible' was as much as man-made corrupt fallible work as ours today if not more so, at least according to some. Not saying you hold to that, but for those who do, to read this errant book is a waste. I suppose Arty has it right. For most people it's a work of fiction, even to many 'believers.' :sigh:

Upvote 0

herev

CL--you are missed!
Jun 8, 2004
✟36,100.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
TwinCrier said:
Yes, and their 'bible' was as much as man-made corrupt fallible work as ours today if not more so, at least according to some. Not saying you hold to that, but for those who do, to read this errant book is a waste. I suppose Arty has it right. For most people it's a work of fiction, even to many 'believers.' :sigh:
I like your new sig!!!
as to the rest, I know we disagree on much, but I don't know any Christians, even in liberal seminary--that think it is a work of fiction.

Upvote 0

2Timothy2

Rangers Lead the Way
Aug 20, 2004
Texas
✟3,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
TwinCrier said:
Why read the bible at all?
:confused: I don't think I understand where this question is coming from. I have only rarely come across the KJV-only debate (attitude?, position?).

That said, I read, study, memorize, and meditate on Scripture because I understand it to be God's word. That along with my prayers is essentially a two-way communication between Almighty God and me, communication being fundamentally necessary for a relationship.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.