Hudson
✟284,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Upvote 0

NJA

Jan 9, 2004
Near London
Visit site
✟48,657.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many talk about "love" and going to a "bible based" church, yet most people have never been to a meeting like 1 Corinthians 14 details!

"Follow love and desire spiritual gifts" - The gifts are God's chosen vehicles for communicating his love.

2 or 3 gifts of tongues - as an effective sign to the unconverted
each followed by a gift of interpretation - for the benefit of all present, both the giving and the receiving
2 or 3 prophecies - "the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth"

In addition - prayer for needs - gifts of faith and healing
Bible-based talk - words of wisdom and knowledge

"all things done decently and in order"

"If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Amatorreginae

Jul 10, 2014
✟7,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
For me, ch. 13 is brilliant. What St Paul says about love can be used of the right attitude to have towards a member of the opposite sex. Love is longanimous, is not selfish, it never fails...It's one of the best pieces of literature ever composed.

Upvote 0