Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Here is some stuff from Isaac Newton...

7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.
8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.
11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.- Daniel 12:7-13

From a folio cataloged as Yahuda MS 7.3g, f. 13v:

"So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, reckoning twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060.”" - – Isaac Newton

As Charlemagne was crowned king on December 25, 800 by Pope Leo the III so the day of Christ's coming will be on Christmas Day, 2060. If the rapture of the saints (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) occurs seven years before the time of Christ’s coming the date of the rapture 12.25 2053. However… Isaac Newton notes…

“It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." –- Isaac Newton

3.5 years * 365 days in a year = 1280 days

Could it be....

The rapture - 12.25.2053
Plus the 1280 days -Saturday, July 7, 2057
Plus the 1335 days - Tuesday, August 21, 2057

Upvote 0

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
"And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days." Daniel 12:11

Does anyone know the start and/or stop year for this time period?
From my point of view, Daniel is writing about those days (not years) just before the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple around 70 AD. This was the end of the Jewish age.

I have not yet read the account that the historian Josephus wrote in his book "The Jewish Wars", but I believe you could get a general time line from his reporting. He provides a good amount of detail.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
"And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days." Daniel 12:11

I don't think that anyone actually "knows".

My eschatology can be experimental and very scary at times, but I also think that I have a knack for understanding these prophetic time periods. I think these 1290 days can give us the key to know when these end times begin and allow us to know that we are in them now. The 1290 days really are just an additional answer that is given to the original question from verse 6: “How long shall it be till the end of these wonders?”

If: "the end of these wonders" is the end of the tribulation, then I would also expect to see a sun that is "darkened" and a blood moon that will not give it's light immediately after the tribulation of those days. And so it seems that this is what I've found. So if this is true, I should be able to backspace 1290 days and find the AofD standing where it ought not to be.

It's actually fairly spooky, because if this is right, we don't have too much time to find out.

How will people know?

Matthew 24:2 Mark 13:2 Luke 21:6 Until

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

While I am sure it could be calculated mathematically to someone's logical understanding, there are to many variables to consider in the overall equation, to ever be accepted as a valid answer, because Scripture itself says,

Mar. 13:32
But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

But we can speculate can't we?

Is there any other 3 1/2 year period of time spoken of besides those of Daniel 12 and the ministry of Christ?

Dan 12:7
And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

John 19:30
When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As the Bible says: no one knows the day nor hour when the Lord will come, but we are told in Hebrews to be watchful and faithful as "you see the day approaching" (Heb. 10:25). That is the hope of the Church when Christ returns in the air - rapture to call up His saints (probably very soon now). One needs to be sure now they are in the true Church by faith in Jesus, the Christ.

Then according to biblical prophecy will begin 3 1/2 years of cruel tyranny and suffering worldwide under the political beast, who will also give his mark (666) on all subjects in order to buy and sell. Many souls will die. Then after that time, in another 3 1/2 years the religious beast (called the "second beast") will come forth from Satan and by satanic power require all souls to worship the first beast and his statue which will be set in Jerusalem.

This seven years of the great Tribulation will then end when the Lord Jesus returns with His Bride and the heavenly host to conquer all the evil ones, imprison Satan in the "abyss" for a thousand years, and establish His reign for a thousand years of blessing (the Millennium), at the end of which Satan will be loosed again on earth to see how mankind will do, and they will again follow Satan (as many do now), and all will be cast into the "lake of fire" after the judgment of the "Great white throne".

The "new earth" will be established where the preserved saints of Israel will again reign on the new earth; and the Lord Jesus will take His bride with Him and return to Heaven, and God-the Father will again rule as He did with Israel in olden times. The urgent need now is to be saved (born again --John 3), else there will be no eternal hope for souls after the translation (rapture) "in the air" of the present Church in this present age.

This is an overview in brief of conditions.

Upvote 0