Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
According to this article:

The Boomers Ruined Everything

virtually all the problems in America are a direct result of the Boomer Generation...my generation. At this point the author doesn't include the destruction of life as we know it on the planet, but I'm confident that will follow in subsequent versions of the story.

I wonder what it is that allows an entire generation of people to stop the collective advancement of their children and grandchildren. If one were to be honest, the Boomer generation is the first generation of Americans who will leave their nation and the planet in worse condition than it was when they were born.

• Informative
Reactions: Ringo84

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟994,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
upload_2019-6-29_13-20-53.png

Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to this article:

The Boomers Ruined Everything

virtually all the problems in America are a direct result of the Boomer Generation...my generation. At this point the author doesn't include the destruction of life as we know it on the planet, but I'm confident that will follow in subsequent versions of the story.

I wonder what it is that allows an entire generation of people to stop the collective advancement of their children and grandchildren. If one were to be honest, the Boomer generation is the first generation of Americans who will leave their nation and the planet in worse condition than it was when they were born.
I think so, too. Let's go back to 1947. All the progressiveness doesn't seem to have been for the better.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I think so, too. Let's go back to 1947. All the progressiveness doesn't seem to have been for the better.
I was born in 1947. That would be a do-over for me. Would I get to keep all the knowledge I've gathered in the last 72 years?

Of course, from a practical point of view, we can't go back to 1947. Time doesn't work that way. What we CAN do move into the future with the idea of recreating 1947. The first thing we need to do get rid of about two thirds of the population. Any ideas on how to do that?

Maybe we could start mandatory abortions. Mass slaughter also comes to mind. Maybe we could just kill those people we deem 'unproductive' to the new society.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I was born in 1947. That would be a do-over for me. Would I get to keep all the knowledge I've gathered in the last 72 years?

Of course, from a practical point of view, we can't go back to 1947. Time doesn't work that way. What we CAN do move into the future with the idea of recreating 1947. The first thing we need to do get rid of about two thirds of the population. Any ideas on how to do that?

Maybe we could start mandatory abortions. Mass slaughter also comes to mind. Maybe we could just kill those people we deem 'unproductive' to the new society.

It needs a catchy name ........... wait! I've got it .......... we'll call it "the final solution" .......... yeah! that's it!

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
It needs a catchy name ........... wait! I've got it .......... we'll call it "the final solution" .......... yeah! that's it!
I like it!! And on our way back to 1947, we could maybe make things even better by including all those pesky minorities in that Final Solution.

SHEEEIIITTT, I think we are onto something here.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I like it!! And on our way back to 1947, we could maybe make things even better by including all those pesky minorities in that Final Solution.

SHEEEIIITTT, I think we are onto something here.

Black shirts or brown???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
At least we have a direction. But a lot of this stuff sounds more like 2019.
Of course it does. That is what Make America Great Again is all about. It is all about going back to those heady days when Americans strutted around like peacocks because they SAVED THE WORLD.

Of course that was the Greatest Generation which did that, not the Boomers. Boomers just want the applause without having to slug it out in the trenches first. The one thing you will never find a Boomer say is 'let's go back to 1935'.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Those were the days, alright. And I think boomers are guilty of a lot of the screwed up world we now have. We used to have a lot to be proud of.
For sure. We have gone from the heroes of the planet to having an incompetent buffoon as our leader all in one generation. And by the end of the next generation, we may well be considered the primary cause of the destruction of societies all across the planet.

It is all on us...the Boomers.

Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So that means we are headed in the wrong direction. If pro-Trump is going to be anything more than a brief blip in the progression toward damnation,-which I think is all it is-we should make more deliberate plans to reverse this slide to hell even after he is gone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
So that means we are headed in the wrong direction. If pro-Trump is going to be anything more than a brief blip in the progression toward damnation,-which I think is all it is-we should make more deliberate plans to reverse this slide to hell even after he is gone.

We are headed in the wrong direction. But the forces gathered against us are not only vast and wealthy but completely lacking in any moral or ethical values. It will be a long, drawn out battle for control of the nation.

And the global society may not have the time to wait for us to have that battle. If I were a leader of one of the planets other major nations, I would be leading talks around the world urging the planet shut us down with economic sanctions along with a warning that -any- attempt at military retaliation anywhere on the planet would result in a nuclear war in which we -would- lose.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Boomers are dying off; Trump is a old man. It won't be long before an entirely new generation will be at the wheel. Then the restraints on the new Sodom will be removed and the world can continue on unabated.
Remember, the Supreme Court is stacked against tossing those shackles off. Gerrymandering has been ruled legal. It is just a matter of time before voter suppression is ruled legal also.

This has been a take-over of the American government which started 30 or more years ago. America lost its chance of saving its soul anytime soon when Trump was elected. One can only wonder about what kind of damage Trump could have accomplished by now if he knew or was willing to learn about how government works. The only thing giving America a chance right now is his total lack of competence.

The organization in the Democrat Party is chaos. There are twenty people running for president and nearly all of them SHOULD be running for seats in Congress.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
America has no soul and neither do you. Or do you think otherwise? After all this is just a matter of opinions if they lack authority. You see it one way, other see something else. Who cares about opinions?
I understand that what I said is something that will cause many people to put their heads back under the sand. It is a doomsday scenario better left undiscussed. But you can bet that somewhere in the deep reaches of the Pentagon, there is a plan for that very thing.

One can only hope that plan will 1) be sufficient to save America and 2) we have a president capable of understanding the danger America is in if we are attacked in this manner.

And I doubt many of the Trump fanboys understand the dangers the world will perceive if America goes 'rogue' with an ideological take over of the government. Other nations WILL take steps to defend themselves and the welfare of their nations.

But I do understand if this is too much to contemplate all in one sitting.

Upvote 0