“The Last trumpet”: Individual by individual?

newton3005

Jun 29, 2019
newburgh
✟115,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible is the Word of God. There are no inconsistencies or contradictions across the Testaments. To understand God, the Bible must be understood in full. To love God does not require knowing even one word of the Bible, but it is to love Him. Love has no gauges to consider, and it doesn’t come with a set of instructions. It is a feeling you have for someone else, and if you don’t know how to show that feeling, it is then you seek help...perhaps by hearing what someone says about it as discussed in the Bible, or by reading the Bible itself.

The last trumpet is what the Bible refers to in 1 Corinthians 15:52, and it is within 1 Corinthians 15:51-57 which talks about what happens after death. Verses 51-52...says, “Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet...” Verse 52 goes on to say, “For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.” Verses 53-57 describes this “change” as a person becoming immortal.

But this does not happen to everyone...it only happens by God’s Grace and Blessing. He confers His Grace on people that love Him, and he confers His Blessing on those who are pure in heart. People whose souls live eternally in Heaven are there because of God’s Grace and Blessing.

A connection between God and man is what enables a man’s soul to enter Heaven. Psalms 73:26 says, “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Ezekiel 18:32 says, “For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Lord God; so turn, and live.”

IF it is only at the sound of the last trump that a person’s soul is transported to Heaven, does this even happen all at once? There may be confusion with other verses of the Bible who hold that the dead will rise en masse, as said in 1 Thessalonians 4:16. But this passage refers to an event in which God descends from Heaven. For everyone else, I tell you that they could rise to Heaven right after they die, depending on whether God wants them in Heaven. Did not Jesus say to the condemned man on the cross next to him in Luke 23:43, “TODAY you will be with me in Paradise?” Would the last trumpet not sound for Jesus and the condemned man there and then?