‘Our children, our rights’: Scores of parents hit rally opposing MoCo schools’ LGBTQ policies

Status
Not open for further replies.

2PhiloVoid

Critical Thinking ***contra*** Conformity!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,155,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I scoured through post and can not find the curriculum. What we found related to the curriculum is what we were using.

I posted a direct link to the school and its curricular agenda. For some very, very odd reason, I'm not seeing my post ...

... It should still be here somewhere. :scratch:

I'll keep looking for it since I KNOW that no honest fellow Christians who value truth and integrity would censure valid information and squelch it by having it removed. Such a response to my post would be the height of audacity and un-Christian-ness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,155,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,124,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I posted a direct link to the school and its curricular agenda. For some very, very odd reason, I'm not seeing my post ...

... It should still be here somewhere. :scratch:

I'll keep looking for it since I KNOW that no honest fellow Christians who value truth and integrity would censure valid information and squelch it by having it removed. Such a response to my post would be the height of audacity and un-Christian-ness.
I think that I might have found what you are talking about; but I'm not sure.

You might try using the search feature, for your username, in this thread.

1688936482815.png

I'm not going to assert that any rules were broken; but you might want to check these out:

Complaining about another members posts/threads, Christian Forums or its Staff.

Stating or implying that another Christian member, or group of members, are not Christian is not allowed.

Hope this helps you.

[Edit: Looks like we cross posted, not that that is gay or anything]

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟927,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Intersex" What does this have to do with gay pride? Is this author teaching that choosing homosexual behavior is an extremely rare birth defect that people should be proud of?
You could read the book and find out for yourself what it does or does not teach.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,225,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You are talking about religion. Which is far a different matter. Unless you're trying to say that transgenderism is a religion. Which I don't think you really are. But the comparables are there.

People who can't answer the question either don't because they know the truth will offend people and they don't want the backlash from it. Or they don't believe in a truth.

I've heard the interviews. "Who's truth are you talking about? Your truth or their truth?"

It's an ideology. A belief system that is not based upon anything real.
Actually, I don't see them as being terribly different in that regard.

The belief that a man can become a woman and vice versa is just that...a belief
...much like a belief in things like the concepts of Karma/reincarnation, which is also a belief system that's not based on anything tangible.

Yet, we don't see certain people feeling the need to regularly grill Hindus on the hotseat about their belief in that.

Asking them to define woman isn't in good faith?
In the context they're doing it, it's not most of the time. It's meant to give them the choice of "looking silly and having their comments re-ran 24/7 on the partisan news for the next 3 days, or having their own side think they're not actually on their side"

If you (as a Christian) were running for some sort of office or looking to get confirmed by some legislative body. (these are hypothetical, not sure what your actual positions are)

And I very publicly asked you these types of questions (in the same tone that Ted Cruz often uses when he grills people, sometimes for good, sometimes disingenuous):
"Can snakes talk? It's a simple yes or no question Mr. Rjs"

...or...

"Mr. Rjs, you've said in the past when discussing abortion that if people don't want an unplanned pregnancy, they should just avoid having sex until they're ready for the responsibility, is that correct? Your belief is one that's heavily rooted in the belief that a virgin got pregnant, is that also correct?... so then I have to ask, how do you see abstinence as a solution for this if virgins can get pregnant? ...or is it impossible for a virgin to get pregnant?"

That would be a bad-faith discussion, very different than if you and I were at a restaurant having a much more private conversation and the questions were rooted more in legitimate curiosity.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,225,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is a false dichotomy. Are you suggesting that either males or females are anything less than human?
Not at all...much like my hypothetical wouldn't be suggesting that a Baptist or Catholic is less than human.

Just simply pointing out that if someone is a member of one of those two groups, and were getting grilled on the spot about which belief system is the true one (and the voters in their district were a pretty even split between the two), they wouldn't dare answer that question even though we know they definitely have an opinion on it.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,124,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Not at all...much like my hypothetical wouldn't be suggesting that a Baptist or Catholic is less than human.

Just simply pointing out that if someone is a member of one of those two groups, and were getting grilled on the spot about which belief system is the true one (and the voters in their district were a pretty even split between the two), they wouldn't dare answer that question even though we know they definitely have an opinion on it.
The biological difference between a man and a woman isn't an opinion. It's a scientific fact.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,225,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The biological difference between a man and a woman isn't an opinion. It's a scientific fact.
Much like it's biological fact that virgins can't get pregnant, people can't reincarnate as another species, there's no such thing as ghosts...etc

But, a substantial number of people believe in one of those things...yet, people don't feel particularly compelled to regularly call them out on it in very public interviews, hearings, etc...

This isn't to pick on any one religion in particular, but the reality is, if you subscribe to any of the major world religions, there's a pretty solid chance that you believe something that's at odds with tangible scientific fact, and the fact that people leverage those non-scientific beliefs to try to influence policy is not only not often challenged, it's often celebrated.

As I noted earlier, there are some valid scientific challenges that can be made to a substantial portion of "modern gender theory", but they exist in the secular realm, not the religious one.

To be blunt, the criticisms against modern gender theory (using religious sources as a basis) comes across as "let me use my book of scientific inaccuracies to point out where your viewpoint is scientifically inaccurate"

I've used the analogy before of a magnet healer accusing a homeopath of being a charlatan. While the magnet healer is technically "right" when they say "that guy is just selling people overpriced water and charging out the nose for it", the magnet healer isn't exactly in a position to throw stones.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabri

Pentecostal -Apostolic
Nov 20, 2022
Mo
✟32,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Married
I’m not defending this book for the classroom, only clearing up inaccurate information. Though if I had children or grandchildren in that age group, I would read it with them.
Sad. That’s why I’m done with this discussion with you.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,124,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Much like it's biological fact that virgins can't get pregnant, people can't reincarnate as another species, there's no such thing as ghosts...etc

All pregnant women were virgins before they became pregnant. Men don't get pregnant. These are biological facts.

But, a substantial number of people believe in one of those things...yet, people don't feel particularly compelled to regularly call them out on it in very public interviews, hearings, etc...
Even if what you are claiming is true; so what?

Are you suggesting that it's appropriate to force my child to be brainwashed into believing that there are ghosts, and that reincarnation is real, in a science class?

This isn't to pick on any one religion in particular, but the reality is, if you subscribe to any of the major world religions, there's a pretty solid chance that you believe something that's at odds with tangible scientific fact, and the fact that people leverage those non-scientific beliefs to try to influence policy is not only not often challenged, it's often celebrated.
Are you asserting that the LGBTQ agenda is a product of a religious movement?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sabri

Pentecostal -Apostolic
Nov 20, 2022
Mo
✟32,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Married
I’m sorry you feel that way. Have a splendid day.
All I’m saying is look at if it is really age-appropriate. Please read through the book. Then let me know if this is honestly something you’d want to read to a 5 year old or you will be ok with the teacher reading it to a 5 year old.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟927,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All I’m saying is look at if it is really age-appropriate. Please read through the book. Then let me know if this is honestly something you’d want to read to a 5 year old or you will be ok with the teacher reading it to a 5 year old.
Have you read it? I’ve read the description and reviews and it sounds like a cute story and yes it is meant for 3-5 year olds learning the alphabet and vocabulary.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,124,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Have you read it? I’ve read the description and reviews and it sounds like a cute story and yes it is meant for 3-5 year olds learning the alphabet and vocabulary.
Would you agree that taking a 3 year old child and teaching them about intersex, and drag kings, against the will of the parents, is inappropriate?

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,155,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Would you agree that taking a 3 year old child and teaching them about intersex, and drag kings, against the will of the parents, is inappropriate?

I would agree it is inappropriate. Which I in fact do. But then again, this is why I mentioned in an earlier post I think that public schools can teach something about the fact that the LGBTQ+ community exists and have lives like others do, and they can present their curricular readings to children AS LONG AS the lessons are publicaly open for the parents/guardians to ALSO attend and hear at the very same time.

That way, any and all of the specific details "taught" in those lessons can be later reviewed/discussed/critiqued by parents (even Christian parents) when the children are at home.

Last edited:
Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,225,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
All pregnant women were virgins before they became pregnant. Men don't get pregnant. These are biological facts.
Do they get pregnant without having sex? If you believe that any woman in history has gotten pregnant without human male sperm entering them, you believe in something that's at odds with what we know about biology
Even if what you are claiming is true; so what?

Are you suggesting that it's appropriate to force my child to be brainwashed into believing that there are ghosts, and that reincarnation is real, in a science class?
Not at all, which is why I'm very vocal about the fact that I don't think gender ideology should be part of public school curriculum when kids are too young to understand what's going on.
Are you asserting that the LGBTQ agenda is a product of a religious movement?
Not exactly.

I assert that the LGB is a product of natural attraction, "T" is the product of a combination of natural anomalies, modernism, and social contagion, and the rest of the letters of the acronym are the product of people trying to be in the "cool club"

If you look at my numerous postings on this subject on here (and the harsh responses I get from farther left leaning members), my position is certainly not popular with the left.

But I'm an "equal opportunity offender", I'll call the right out on some of their nonsense just like I will to people on the left when it comes to this subject.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟927,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am all for allowing parents to review classroom book lists and curriculum topics prior to the start of school. I have already stated that this specific book is better for a home book with parents. The book itself doesn’t teach anything. It is a story book with pictures, however, participating in the optional picture search with the suggested list at the end could bring up questions better for parents, or possibly an opt in story time.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.