‘If We Don’t Take a Stand Now’ against Hostility, the Church Could Become ‘Voiceless,’ Pastor Warns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟153,557.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
one video even if not doctered or such isn't proof aganst thousands of evidence. All the fossils we've found the genetic information and such point to evolution funny how we found feathered dinosaurs long after it was figured out birds cam efrom them, even the very same dinosaurs that would have evolved into birds. Weird conincidence. You can put your finger in your ears and go LALALALA but it doesn't make what you say a fact.

WHy is it that so many religious people, cultures, and countries and such many diametricly opposed to each other all accept it? it's almost as if it's impossible to be inelectually honest and deny evolution. how about providing actual evidence it's wrong instead of going UHUH. Explain why evolution from dinosaurs to birds is so imposible to ignore even creationists no longer can deny it.
Its plain impossible for an educated person
to deny with intellectual honesty. No "almost"
to it.

The " why not supply evicence " is obvious.
There isnt any.

And IF there ever were to be, it wont be one of the
uneducated internet fanatics who reveaks it.

Or some vid guy who could as well be showing how
copper bracelets cure arthritis.

Last edited:
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟153,557.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
The theory of macro evolution is a falsehood full of junk and missing links and impossible to prove claims.
I will never ever believe in macro evolution.
In for dime, in for a dollar.
Accept even one link, you've
conceded "macro".

But you will never blah blah.

Very poor thinking

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟489,674.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The theory of macro evolution is a falsehood full of junk and missing links and impossible to prove claims.

It's always amusing when the talking points go so badly that posts like this which simply ignore the previous responses and simply restate the talking point are the best that can be done.

If it is simply a matter of faith despite the evidence, why all the need to pretend the facts and evidence are on your side?

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟243,764.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Well he have that much in common. I don't believe in macro-evolution either. I have a quite deep contempt, from a personal standpoint, towards belief. I understand it is important to many people, but for me belief is a rather fatuous, self-indulgent concept. Just not for me.

On the other hand I firmly accept the theories relating to macro evolution as being the very best current explanation arrived at by any methodology to account for the diversity of life on the planet. No other explanation offers the powerful diversity of observation and experiment conducted over centuries, by tens of thousands of intelligent, observant, enthusiastic individuals from a score or more scientific disciplines, subjected to rigorous debate, scrutiny, cross-checking and validation. If macro evolution is not real then someone or something faked the world to make it look as if it was.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟344,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please allow me to enlighten you with the truth of the matter. They are still looking for evidence to support evolution. All we currently have is a fantastic theory, but noting based on facts.
Sorry, but that's nonsense. We accept evolution because it works scientifically: it explains and predicts a vast range of empirical data. We don't accept special creation because it fails spectacularly at the same things.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟460,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well the problem with compartive religion courses is that often they are just used to indoctrinate children instead of being genuine. My point is that the people whining about the bible not taught in schools would likely be the first to rage if any other religion was taught in schools uncritically. If there weas mandatory prayers and koran reading I doubt many of you guys be happy.
This is a non-issue. The Supreme Court established that in 1963.

Reactions: Estrid
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟460,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They do in the UK. My son is eight and he has been taught about several religions that are popular in the UK. Funny how a country like the US with it's religious protections doesn't.
It's not "religious protections". It's an outright ban on religious instruction at all in any school that gets federal funds.

Reactions: Estrid
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟316,451.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It's not "religious protections". It's an outright ban on religious instruction at all in any school that gets federal funds.
Which is a good thing if you don't want Muslim prayers in you schools, isn't it?

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟206,637.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
The next question is, why should we care about what you think God said?
It's not a case of what I think. The world has God's recorded and documented Word in the Holy Bible. So everyone will be judged according to his Word.
He gave us His Word, so all are without excuse. Ignorance will not be a valid get out of hell ticket.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟206,637.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Truth and fact are not a mater of belief and I'm not interested in your judgement.

It's rather easy, I don't believe in such things. I don't think they exist. At all.

Why would you think I believe in a god? I've got no use for such things.
Do i have your permission to pray for you?. I get the sense that someone has turned you away from God, using lies and deception. God is not angry at people who have been deceived, He's angry at those who know the truth but they hide it from others and tell them lies.

I just hope you leave the door open to learn new things. God reveals the truth to those who humbly ask Him, no matter what their world view is.

Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟206,637.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
So at what age did you know everything?
I'm in Christ, He created everything that exists and He knows everything. So being in Christ gives me access to all knowledge, by default. As a man, my capacity to process and understand everything that Jesus knows is limited. But I know everything that is relevant and necessary to know, so I won't fall victim to the lies of the enemy.

Satan is the most intelligent creature in the universe, but all of that intelligence is a useless curse He's still gonna spend eternity swimming in super hot lava AKA the lake of fire

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟206,637.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
one video even if not doctered or such isn't proof aganst thousands of evidence. All the fossils we've found the genetic information and such point to evolution funny how we found feathered dinosaurs long after it was figured out birds cam efrom them, even the very same dinosaurs that would have evolved into birds. Weird conincidence. You can put your finger in your ears and go LALALALA but it doesn't make what you say a fact.

WHy is it that so many religious people, cultures, and countries and such many diametricly opposed to each other all accept it? it's almost as if it's impossible to be inelectually honest and deny evolution. how about providing actual evidence it's wrong instead of going UHUH. Explain why evolution from dinosaurs to birds is so imposible to ignore even creationists no longer can deny it.
I will believe it as soon as you guys find a single shred of evidence to support your fantastic faith theory. Of the millions of fossils found over thousands of years, not a single one has been transitional fossil showing the transition between the species.

I'm sorry to offend you with the truth, but I will never abandon the truth to embrace a Satanic lie

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟153,557.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm in Christ, He created everything that exists and He knows everything. So being in Christ gives me access to all knowledge, by default. As a man, my capacity to process and understand everything that Jesus knows is limited. But I know everything that is relevant and necessary to know, so I won't fall victim to the lies of the enemy.

Satan is the most intelligent creature in the universe, but all of that intelligence is a useless curse He's still gonna spend eternity swimming in super hot lava AKA the lake of fire
So you think you are infallible.

Now THAT is a fantastic faith theory.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟206,637.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, but that's nonsense. We accept evolution because it works scientifically: it explains and predicts a vast range of empirical data. We don't accept special creation because it fails spectacularly at the same things.
I'm sure you would believe anything as long as it passes your scrutiny test. That's great for you, as long as you know how how to discern the truth from lies.

You claim to have the monopoly on the truth, I don't know what qualifications you have make such a big call. If you expect me to have faith in your judgement, I will need more than the old "oh' most people have drunk the kool aid so it must be OK"

The scientific method if fundamentally flawed because it uses the "circular reasoning" method of deception. Where the victim is forced to swallow the bait (theory) to begin with and then they can apply endless lies to it and it's not open to questions and it not accountable for any of the lies.

I'm impressed with those who propagated this pseudo science, because they were able to play on the venerable masses and make fools out of them. I must admit they pulled it off well

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟206,637.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
So you think you are infallible.

Now THAT is a fantastic faith theory.
You can say that. The Lord is infallible and I'm a part of His body so I can't fail because He can't. The difference between Christians and non Christians is, we are not autonomous boats without sails roaming around on the stormy seas. We have direction purpose and we have eternal life in paradise.

I actually feel sorry for non Christians, as they roam around as the blind leading the blind. I pray that they would repent and put their trust in the Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟153,557.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
You can say that. The Lord is infallible and I'm a part of His body so I can't fail because He can't. The difference between Christians and non Christians is, we are not autonomous boats without sails roaming around on the stormy seas. We have direction purpose and we have eternal life in paradise.

I actually feel sorry for non Christians, as they roam around as the blind leading the blind. I pray that they would repent and put their trust in the Lord.
You actually think you are infallible.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟243,764.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
The scientific method if fundamentally flawed because it uses the "circular reasoning" method of deception. Where the victim is forced to swallow the bait (theory) to begin with and then they can apply endless lies to it and it's not open to questions and it not accountable for any of the lies.
Hmm. Then how strange that any half reasonable scientific education is based almost entirely upon challenging everything, asking difficult questions, probing and prodding at the answers, rejecting most of them as inadequate, flawed, or incomplete. All this the very antithesis of the comic book version of science you portray.
And yet this vast network of alleged lies is supported by many Christians who are active scientists. It is supported by intelligent, committed, critical thinkers who engage in these lies and cast off any hint of accountability for them because . . . ? Yes, what is their motivation? I guess they just feel moved to do the devil's work. Pfft!

Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟118,850.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
You can say that. The Lord is infallible and I'm a part of His body so I can't fail because He can't.
Pardon the pun, but that there is some god complex-level narcissism right there.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟316,451.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
But I know everything that is relevant and necessary to know, so I won't fall victim to the lies of the enemy.
Except anything about the subject at hand. Your position is incredible.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟316,451.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

So exactly HOW OLD WERE YOU when you stopped learning new things?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.