Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Pennsylvania.
Both medicaid supp of medicare

That’s just terrible. In some states, like California, if you have “Medi/medi” as they call it, your Medi-Cal benefits are provided through a private insurance company, and likewise your Medicare Part D coverage.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Pennsylvania.
Both medicaid supp of medicare

I will pray for the repose of their souls. By the way, if any Roman Catholics are ever interested in praying the parts of the Divine Office, such as the Office for the Dead, and the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary, with me, on say, a weekly or every other week basis, over Zoom or something like that, I would love to do it. There is a website, Divinum Officium that has the Divine Office texts in English and Latin, in multiple versions, even the monastic and Dominican variants of it (the monastic version is widely regarded as superior to the Roman version before the reforms of Pope St. Pius X with Divino Afflatu in 1910, although I have met some people who disagree with his changes to the Psalter, but everyone seems to like the Monastic and the Dominican forms of the Breviary; this applies only to the Breviary and not to the Little Office of the BVM or the Office of the Dead). I also have the single book edition of the Liturgy of the Hours, although I think it would be more interesting to use the English translation of the old Breviary, and we would need to for the Officio Defunctorum and the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary in either case.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I will pray for the repose of their souls. By the way, if any Roman Catholics are ever interested in praying the parts of the Divine Office, such as the Office for the Dead, and the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary, with me, on say, a weekly or every other week basis, over Zoom or something like that, I would love to do it. There is a website, Divinum Officium that has the Divine Office texts in English and Latin, in multiple versions, even the monastic and Dominican variants of it (the monastic version is widely regarded as superior to the Roman version before the reforms of Pope St. Pius X with Divino Afflatu in 1910, although I have met some people who disagree with his changes to the Psalter, but everyone seems to like the Monastic and the Dominican forms of the Breviary; this applies only to the Breviary and not to the Little Office of the BVM or the Office of the Dead). I also have the single book edition of the Liturgy of the Hours, although I think it would be more interesting to use the English translation of the old Breviary, and we would need to for the Officio Defunctorum and the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary in either case.
Are you considering priesthood?

But yeah if I wasn't working and doing my own set of prayers in the AM I would like to pray with someone.
Also on that note; pray for my friend Donna who is dying of tongue cancer.
She's in the bargaining phase and I honestly do not know what to say most of the time.

• Friendly
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟441,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
That’s just terrible. In some states, like California, if you have “Medi/medi” as they call it, your Medi-Cal benefits are provided through a private insurance company, and likewise your Medicare Part D coverage.
Medicare + supps are generally the same over a state.
The medi does drugs also. [Part D]
BUT again, the lady needing the stint said the cost was high after doing 1, the second was refused.

AT her life's end she began telling me I was right about going to Church but no one would take her. [Hubby/daughter]
And at the time I had a van full of kids.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Medicare + supps are generally the same over a state.
The medi does drugs also. [Part D]
BUT again, the lady needing the stint said the cost was high after doing 1, the second was refused.

AT her life's end she began telling me I was right about going to Church but no one would take her. [Hubby/daughter]
And at the time I had a van full of kids.

You can’t blame yourself, as you had to get your kids to church, I mean suppose you had taken her and had her or one of your kids hide in the back of your van, and you were in a wreck. There was nothing you could do in that case.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Are you considering priesthood?

But yeah if I wasn't working and doing my own set of prayers in the AM I would like to pray with someone.
Also on that note; pray for my friend Donna who is dying of tongue cancer.
She's in the bargaining phase and I honestly do not know what to say most of the time.

I am a priest, I just haven’t joined the Roman Catholic church yet; I am waiting to see who the next Pope will be. I greatly admired Pope Benedict XVI, memory eternal, and would have become a Roman Catholic priest under other circumstances, but I realized I couldn’t do it when Pope Francis began firing conservative leaders at the Vatican and also subjected a traditional Latin mass-based Franciscan community in Italy to a protracted visitation, which had the effect of preventing members of that community from visiting members of their family. I do of course respect those Roman Catholics who love Pope Francis, and I pray for his success. I opted to join the Orthodox Church (at the time, I was Episcopalian, as a friend of mine was in his last year as one of the last traditional, conservative Episcopal priests in Southern California, this was just over a decade ago) because of the uncertainty about Pope Francis.

In retrospect I think I actually made the wrong move, because if I had become a priest back then, before Traditiones Custodes came into force, I could be doing the ministry I wanted to do within the Catholic Church, specifically, I had wanted to pursue bi-ritual faculties because of my love for the Eastern liturgical rites, and also have the option of being able to say the TLM, and now, since Traditiones Custodes came into effect, only priests ordained before it came into effect, or ordained through the FSSP and I think the ICKSP are able to say the TLM, and my Latin skills aren’t up to par for the FSSP and ICKSP seminaries I don’t think. Also I suspect they would find me too old.

I have an extreme love for the Roman Catholic Church, and am praying for it, and some of my best friends on this forum are @Michie @conretecamper @chevyontheriver @Valletta and other pious Catholics. A dream of mine is full reunion between the Roman Catholic Church, the Eastern Orthodox, the Oriental Orthodox, and the Assyrian Church of the East (as it is, Orthodox can receive communion from the RCC when out of range of their parish under the Code of Canon Law of the Eastern Catholic Churches, and the Assyrian Church of the East will give communion to Roman Catholics, and this frequently happens with Chaldean Catholics (the Chaldeans are an Assyrian tribe mainly in the area of Baghdad that entered into communion with Rome but retained the East Syriac liturgy, which was also retained by the Syro Malabar Catholic Church in India - unlike the other Assyrian tribes, the Chaldeans mainly speak Arabic in the vernacular rather than Aramaic, but they do use Syriac in the liturgy, like the Assyrian Church of the East, the Syriac Catholic Church, the Syriac Orthodox Church (which I have heard has also communicated Catholics in Turkey, but I am unable to verify that), and to a lesser extent, the Maronite Catholics.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, we ought to seek the Presence of God every day, all moments of every day, being more and more alert of times we may forget all about Him! How much holier, and more worthy and noble, our lives would become if they were lived in Him, and He in us. And we would look with confidence to our last moment in this world, personally. We could look with confidence and peace to a holy death, with Him, and without fear or regret.

"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His faithful ones."
~ Psalm 116:15

• Winner

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟441,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I am a priest, I just haven’t joined the Roman Catholic church yet; I am waiting to see who the next Pope will be. I greatly admired Pope Benedict XVI, memory eternal, and would have become a Roman Catholic priest under other circumstances, but I realized I couldn’t do it when Pope Francis began firing conservative leaders at the Vatican and also subjected a traditional Latin mass-based Franciscan community in Italy to a protracted visitation, which had the effect of preventing members of that community from visiting members of their family. I do of course respect those Roman Catholics who love Pope Francis, and I pray for his success. I opted to join the Orthodox Church (at the time, I was Episcopalian, as a friend of mine was in his last year as one of the last traditional, conservative Episcopal priests in Southern California, this was just over a decade ago) because of the uncertainty about Pope Francis.

In retrospect I think I actually made the wrong move, because if I had become a priest back then, before Traditiones Custodes came into force, I could be doing the ministry I wanted to do within the Catholic Church, specifically, I had wanted to pursue bi-ritual faculties because of my love for the Eastern liturgical rites, and also have the option of being able to say the TLM, and now, since Traditiones Custodes came into effect, only priests ordained before it came into effect, or ordained through the FSSP and I think the ICKSP are able to say the TLM, and my Latin skills aren’t up to par for the FSSP and ICKSP seminaries I don’t think. Also I suspect they would find me too old.

I have an extreme love for the Roman Catholic Church, and am praying for it, and some of my best friends on this forum are @Michie @conretecamper @chevyontheriver @Valletta and other pious Catholics. A dream of mine is full reunion between the Roman Catholic Church, the Eastern Orthodox, the Oriental Orthodox, and the Assyrian Church of the East (as it is, Orthodox can receive communion from the RCC when out of range of their parish under the Code of Canon Law of the Eastern Catholic Churches, and the Assyrian Church of the East will give communion to Roman Catholics, and this frequently happens with Chaldean Catholics (the Chaldeans are an Assyrian tribe mainly in the area of Baghdad that entered into communion with Rome but retained the East Syriac liturgy, which was also retained by the Syro Malabar Catholic Church in India - unlike the other Assyrian tribes, the Chaldeans mainly speak Arabic in the vernacular rather than Aramaic, but they do use Syriac in the liturgy, like the Assyrian Church of the East, the Syriac Catholic Church, the Syriac Orthodox Church (which I have heard has also communicated Catholics in Turkey, but I am unable to verify that), and to a lesser extent, the Maronite Catholics.
My friend is seeking zoom or voice prayers.
Indeed I figured you were priestly.

I've been praying for reunification.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟441,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You can’t blame yourself, as you had to get your kids to church, I mean suppose you had taken her and had her or one of your kids hide in the back of your van, and you were in a wreck. There was nothing you could do in that case.
:crossrc:

• Prayers
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
My friend is seeking zoom or voice prayers.
Indeed I figured you were priestly.
Well we should arrange something!

And I also pray for reunification, and I believe it will happen. The fact that the Code of Canon Law of the Eastern Catholic Churches allows for the reception of communion in Catholic parishes by the Orthodox and Assyrians where the need arises, and the Assyrians and possibly the Syriac Orthodox are reciprocating by giving communion to Catholics is huge.

My fear is a schism caused by the “Synodal Way Forward” or something like that, and so I am praying with equal fervor that that does not happen. And I don’t think it will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟441,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
My friend is in So Cal, but because medi/medi she was advised she could not get further treatment.
They operated... took parts and that's all they'll do.

PS she believes in the power of the Rosary as we saw miracles praying together.
She is not Catholic. She doesn't do crowds.
She does believe in Jesus.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
My friend is in So Cal, but because medi/medi she was advised she could not get further treatment.
They operated... took parts and that's all they'll do.

PS she believes in the power of the Rosary as we saw miracles praying together.
She is not Catholic. She doesn't do crowds.
She does believe in Jesus.

I sent you a PM about her.

Upvote 0