‘Abortion is a totalitarian act against a helpless child’: Full statement of pro-lifer sentenced to jail

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
'It is not possible for any rule of law to make abortion legal, right or just. It is always wrong.'

BeyondWords
(Red Rose Rescue) — This is an eyewitness report from Friday’s sentencing of Father Fidelis Moscinski and Laura Gies.

The day started out ominous with a fog that hung over New York from the wildfires in Canada. Red Rose Rescuers Father Fidelis Moscinski and Laura Gies entered the Nassau County District Court of Judge Moroney at around 9:40am and were greeted by about 15 supporters.

The actual sentencing occurred at 10:30am giving Father and Laura ample time to say goodbye and hug loved ones. Laura’s husband, Walter Gies, was in attendance as well as Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal (the female branch of the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal, Fr. Fidelis’ order).

The sentencing began with Laura. Laura read a prepared statement in front of the judge:

Your Honor, I stand before you, a fellow woman, unjustly convicted of trespass at an abortion clinic, in your court, in February of this year for peacefully offering roses inside an abortion clinic to other fellow women, mothers, in the hope of convincing them not to pay someone to dismember their helpless children.
I was disallowed the justification or “defense of others” defense, which was unjust, as I absolutely was only seeking the higher good of saving lives. As stated in my testimony during the trial, I have held babies of several mothers who are so grateful they changed their minds against abortion at the last minute. I know it is worth the effort to reach out to mothers at abortion facilities.
I live in a country that is confused because of judges, like you, and others on the Supreme Court in 1973, who had egregiously decided that abortion is ‘a right,’ when in fact it never was ‘a right,’ that the United States could allow, since abortion is against God’s law ‘thou shalt not murder.’ Last year, with the Dobbs decision, at last a corrective has begun to help America undo this horrendous damage which unleashed abortion leading to over 70 million unborn human beings being killed by dismemberment these past 50 years.

Continued below.