“you meant it for harm but God meant it for good”.

songz777

Spouse first strengthens your marriage
Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Judges 6:13 “Then Gideon said to him, O my lord, if the Lord is with us why has all this come on us”

Gideon has just had an angel come to him and said “The Lord is WITH YOU mighty man of war”
What a statement to a man who was hidden away in a dip in the ground for fear of the enemy.
How could God the Great God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob really have been with him or his nation?
After all they were robbed of food and land. Surely God was not with them.
Yet in all the trials and all the sadness and hardship of life the Lord God was with the them. The fear, sadness and weariness of life had for a while clouded their eyes with tears of suffering so that they could not see the Great deep Love of God just hovering above them. God was just about to do a miracle in their lives and SET them FREE from all their sorrows and oppression and give GREAT JOY.
For us may be that is soon to be the case. We may be feeling like Gideon. God is saying “I Am with you and have great blessing for you” you may feel like saying “IF” you are with me then why Lord? Why all these sad times or trials? Why cant I seem to break free from my weary life and helpless condition? Why is all this bad happening to me?
Well the only answer I have is that everything that is happening to us is actually working for our good and the good of others and Gods glory.
Joseph learnt this when he said “you meant it for harm but God meant it for good”.

Be strong and look up for God is with you even if you do not feel it. It soon as He is faithful in times past He will set you free from the hurts of life and bring you a great freedom and blessing.
Look up you deliverance is coming soon.

T

TanteBelle

There were many times in my life when I was suffering and felt alone, only to later realize God was there with me. There were many other times when I was angry at someone secretly, and realized that God had used evil (me) to do good (assist whoever I was helping).

'The truth of God's love is not that He allows bad things to happen. It's His promise that He'll be there with us when they do!'

I heard a bloke once explain a certain passage that I'd never really thought of before in the context he described it. At a time in my life when I was screaming at God, 'Why? What are you doing to me!?' this passage sure helped me through ...

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.

The key phrase in that passage is 'work together for good'! As he gave an example, "I could meet a stanger and he say to me, 'Sir, I am sooo hungry!' So I'll say, 'Well, come on in and have something to eat!' I sit him down and I say, 'Here, have a tablespoon of butter to grease the throat! And here's a cup of flour to gulp down! Oh, and a bit of milk to swish that down too! And here's some sugar just to sweeten the pallet!' Now none of those ingredients are nice to eat on their own! (Maybe aside from the sugar! :p) But if you add all those things together and then cook them up, you get biscuits (what we call scones!)! You see all those ingredients work together for something good! They may not be nice on their own, but they work together for a better end result!"

Well put!!! :thumbsup: The trials we face in life aren't meant to destroy us or our faith; they're meant to strengthen us! Make us a better person! The climb mayn't be smooth and easy, but the view will be worth it!

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
My deliverance truly is coming soon... you are so right.. I have believed for a long time on something which only seems to get more impossible as the days go by.. yet that something has not dissapeared from my heart.. and I realized tonight.. That GOD has held it there.. because HE has a purpose for this journey I am on.. Something greater is happening... and ohhh apart from the frustration.. and annoyance at waiting and waiting and waiting.. a surge of amazing strength flows through me.. so I do NOT want to give up.. I want to see the end result of this wait.. and I thank the LORD HE is helping me get there.. to see the harvest which HE has always promised..

Reactions: songz777
Upvote 0