“Don’t Be Surprised by Ingratitude." (THE ART OF LEADERSHIP)

episkopos

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
✟8,108.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
“Don’t Be Surprised by Ingratitude."

A very leader comes face to face with ingratitude. People are not grateful for the services you render them. It will not take you long to discover this. Many years ago, I found out that people whom I loved could turn around and hurt me. Men that I had trained did not remember that they had been helped. However, I have continued to believe in people and to trust people. I have no choice. If I begin to retaliate because of ingratitude, I will lose my position.
Jesus answered them, Many good works have I showed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? (John 10:32)
Jesus experienced ingratitude. He was killed by an ungrateful mob of Jews. After ministering for twenty years, I have seen pastors being run out of town. That is why the constitution of my church does not give anyone the right to throw me out under any circumstances. I have seen it before and I know that if human nature is allowed to run its course, my end will be no better than my Lord’s. Jesus was murdered for His good deeds. “He was exchanged for an armed robber. But he never responded to the evil spirit of ingratitude.
Do not look to people for gratitude. A leader looks to God for rewards.
Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free. (Ephesians 6:8)
The Scripture teaches that your rewards depend on God and not on the people you helped. God is the only one who can reward you adequately. Do not expect much from people, expect your rewards from God.
Many years ago, I stopped expecting people to commend me after I had finished preaching. I do not care whether people commend me or not! I am not expecting appreciation from men. My duty is to preach from the Bible. I have done my duty. When I decided not to look for man’s approval, I felt a sense of liberty. I was free from men and accountable to the Lord.”

From THE ART OF LEADERSHIP