‘Smoke Meth and Hail Satan’: Vandals Deface Tennessee Church With Satanic Messages

Paxton25

Forgiven
Aug 27, 2010
✟17,837.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
On Sunday morning, members of the Lebanon United Methodist Church arrived for services to find that someone had used the facility not for prayer, but to glorify Satan.

“The cross on the altar table was turned upside down,” member Kay Williams told local television station WREG. “And a cross that stays at the front of the church was taken down and also put on the table and turned upside down.”

Ashes were also found scattered around the sanctuary, and sprinkled in the offering plate, indicating that the person had been smoking.

However, that was not the worst of the attack. Members found that the vandals permanently etched the phrase “Smoke meth and hail Satan” into the church altar, made of wood. An upside down cross was also inscribed with the numbers 666 in another area of the altar, and the Bible was turned to page 666, where the page was then burned.
‘Smoke Meth and Hail Satan’: Vandals Deface Tennessee Church With Satanic Messages | Christian News Network

Paxton25

Forgiven
Aug 27, 2010
✟17,837.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
About a year ago I saw this phrase on a shirt originating from a clothing company in Canada. Crazy/ Link?

Those satanic Canadians! They just sound polite. It was only a matter of time before they started desecrating churches outside their own country.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
On Sunday morning, members of the Lebanon United Methodist Church arrived for services to find that someone had used the facility not for prayer, but to glorify Satan.

Thanks for the story. This doesn't seem to be the first Church which was vandalized in Lebanon Tenn.
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...th-insurance-marketplace-scams?nclick_check=1

The release said that in Mid-September, Sept. 28 and several other occasions, Hudson Chapel Christian Methodist Episcopal (CME) Church, 330 Gown Street Extended, Medina, was also vandalized.There were reports from members of the church of a circle with an “A” in the center of the circle representing anarchy that was spray painted on the back of one of the pews. On an earlier occasion, the word “Satan” was carved on the pulpit, along with other acts of vandalism reported at Hudson Chapel CME Church.
The Madison County Sheriff’s Office is requesting neighbors of area churches to report any suspicious activity to the Madison County Sheriff’s Office Property Crimes Unit at 731/423-6000 or Crime stoppers 731/424-8477. The investigation is continuing.

Let us pray for these individuals.:groupray:

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Most people think the "Upside-down" cross is a symbol of Satan, but I don't think it is.

Little known fact about the "upside down cross": The apostle Peter chose to be crucified on the cross, but upside down, feeling he didn't deserve to be crucified in the same manner as Jesus/Yeshua.
That is not a little known fact.

St.Peter's Cross has been used by the Catholic and Orthodox Churches since earliest times.

chair.jpg

It wasn't until the past 100 years that some Satanic cults began using the upside down cross as a sign of evil.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
That is not a little known fact.

St.Peter's Cross has been used by the Catholic and Orthodox Churches since earliest times.

chair.jpg

It wasn't until the past 100 years that some Satanic cults began using the upside down cross as a sign of evil.

It is a little known fact if you're not Catholic. A lot of Prot's and satanists have no clue.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It is a little known fact if you're not Catholic. A lot of Prot's and satanists have no clue.
Many non-Catholic Churches are fully aware of St. Peter's cross. If they were around during the Reformation, they knew. Catholics, the Orthodox Churches, Lutherans, Anglicans, Episcopalians, Methodists, and more are aware of the upside down cross refers to St. Peter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

XilluminatiX

Oct 3, 2013
✟206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Most people think the "Upside-down" cross is a symbol of Satan, but I don't think it is.

Little known fact about the "upside down cross": The apostle Peter chose to be crucified on the cross, but upside down, feeling he didn't deserve to be crucified in the same manner as Jesus/Yeshua.

But Satanists do use the upside down cross as a symbol.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
But Satanists do use the upside down cross as a symbol.
Yes, many use that symbol now but evidence only shows that they began using it about a 100 years ago.(According to some of their sites which I read in the past)

It has been the symbol of St. Peter for almost 2000 years.

Upvote 0

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith

Actually... doing things upside down and backwards is of satan as taught by Anton LaVey the one satan inspired to write the satanic bible and start the church of satan

Yeah, lets do things the way God intended and follow Him in His ways of doing and being right... :thumbsup:

I'm surprised some of the "extreme grace" crowd aren't out smokin meth for Jesus...:doh: you know, these folks believe once you say you believe in Jesus, you will go to Heaven even if you life like the devil. That's some trippin stuff, ain't it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Actually... doing things upside down and backwards is of satan as taught by Anton LaVey the one satan inspired to write the satanic bible and start the church of satan

Yeah, lets do things the way God intended and follow Him in His ways of doing and being right... :thumbsup:
Why should Christians turn away from a symbol which Peter, himself, set forward? The upside down cross has been a Christian symbol for almost 2000 years and allowing some Satanist to change that symbol into an evil one is caving into Satan himself.

No, Christians should understand that the upside down cross is The St. Peter's cross.

-JanLuyken-CrucifixionofapostlePeterRome.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Why should Christians turn away from a symbol which Peter, himself, set forward? The upside down cross has been a Christian symbol for almost 2000 years and allowing some Satanist to change that symbol into an evil one is caving into Satan himself.

No, Christians should understand that the upside down cross is The St. Peter's cross.

First off, there is no evidence that the cross Peter was crucified on was actually upside down... he was placed upside down on a cross that was right side up. If you put the cross upside down, there would not be enough of the cross on top to stick firmly in the ground and they would have had to build a special cross just for Peter which is doubtful since they were there to kill him, not accommodate his special requests :doh:

Secondly, by agreeing to be crucified and not believing God for deliverance... is being influenced by satan, since it was the devil that deceived him in to believing God would not deliver him from being murdered which God would have if he would have believed for that! . God is well capable and willing to deliver us from evil... see Matthew 6:13, and John 17:15.

And before you say "all the apostles were killed"... WHY were they not able to kill John after attempting to kill him numerous times??? It was because John believed for deliverance and he walked in love:

1 John 5:3,4
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith.

Thru this, John was able to access this:

John 17:14-18
I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
I pray not that thou should take them out of the world, but that thou should keep them from the evil.
They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

Just like salvation... none of this is automatically going to be manifest in the lives of each believer which is evident when you compare the lives of John to the other apostles. Some things,. you have to go to God and believe for as opposed to living in neutral like most Christians do just waiting for whatever comes there way to come and then saying since it came upon me, it must have been the will of God...

satan authored this line of thinking and takes pleasure in it as one of his slickest deceptions when it comes to evil coming upon God's people!

We are joint heirs with Jesus in His resurrection power now, so we have the ability to walk like He did where no man can take His life. They tried to kill Jesus numerous times and could not touch Him until it was time for Him to go to the Cross for our sin (No man takes it from me, but I lay it down of myself - John 10:18).

We are living under the New Covenant which is based on better promises (Hebrews 8:6) so we should at least be able to experience deliverance that Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego got we they said "we ain't gonna bow, and we ain't gonna burn!"

There are too many testimonies of Christians being delivered from sure death in modern times to believe God is not able and willing to deliver us from death so we may continue spreading the Gospel in this world.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
First off, there is no evidence that the cross Peter was crucified on was actually upside down... he was placed upside down on a cross that was right side up.
Truth be told there is evidence that Peter was crucified upside down but what there isn't is proof that that is how he was martyred.

If you put the cross upside down, there would not be enough of the cross on top to stick firmly in the ground and they would have had to build a special cross just for Peter which is doubtful since they were there to kill him, not accommodate his special requests :doh:
Not much of a carpenter are you.:doh:It would be quite easy to alter the cross so that one could be crucified upside down.
Secondly, by agreeing to be crucified and not believing God for deliverance... is being influenced by satan, since it was the devil that deceived him in to believing God would not deliver him from being murdered which God would have if he would have believed for that! . God is well capable and willing to deliver us from evil... see Matthew 6:13, and John 17:15.
So you believe that Jesus, by agreeing to be crucified was not believing in the deliverance of God his Father?:doh::doh::doh::doh:

We know by scripture, that Peter was supposed to be crucified.

18. Amen, amen, I say to you, when you were younger, you used to dress yourself and go where you wanted; but when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.”
19. He said this signifying by what kind of death he would glorify God. And when he had said this, he said to him, “Follow me.”

So we see that Peter's death would glorify God.

Death is part of our walk with God. All men do so but many glorify God with their death, just as Paul's beheading also did so. Dying while giving glory to God.
And before you say "all the apostles were killed"... WHY were they not able to kill John after attempting to kill him numerous times??? It was because John believed for deliverance and he walked in love:
No, it was because it was God's will just as they tried to kill Peter and Paul numerous times but they were delivered from those until it was their appointed time.

At John's appointed time, he also died, though he was not martyred as all of the other Apostles were.

Steven, appointed by the Apostles along with other to fulfill some of their works, was full of faith and the power of the Holy Spirit yet this did not keep him from being stoned by the Jews. As he was being stoned he saw Jesus standing at the right hand of God but he was not delivered from death. You really need to understand the Gospel better.

There are too many testimonies of Christians being delivered from sure death in modern times to believe God is not able and willing to deliver us from death so we may continue spreading the Gospel in this world.
There is no doubt that God can deliver us from certain but that doesn't mean that he will.

Romans 14:
7. None of us lives for oneself, and no one dies for oneself.
8. For if we live, we live for the Lord, and if we die, we die for the Lord; so then, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s.

Upvote 0

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith
So you believe that Jesus, by agreeing to be crucified was not believing in the deliverance of God his Father?

Nothing like a little twisting, eh?... No, I didn't say any such thing.

What I said was they could not kill Jesus UNTIL He laid down His life... which is the primary reason He came was to die FOR US. Pay attention man, pay attention.

Jesus was obviously believe the Father for deliverance during His time on earth cause they tried to kill Him several times... and couldn't touch Him!

Then, He said the works He did... WE would do! (John 14:12)
Well, some of at least ;)

Steven, appointed by the Apostles along with other to fulfill some of their works, was full of faith and the power of the Holy Spirit yet this did not keep him from being stoned by the Jews. As he was being stoned he saw Jesus standing at the right hand of God but he was not delivered from death. You really need to understand the Gospel better.

OK, so you choose to believe Jesus should take it upon Himself to deliver us... when we do not bother to ask for a believe for deliverance, which is what Steven obviously did since the account of his experience shows no evidence of him ever asking for or believing for deliverance from his situation... which would have been a MAJOR miracle that would have promoted the Gospel exceedingly!

If God was going to do things in our lives without our consent, then why doesn't He just make the whole world get saved?

You apparently do not believe what Jesus said in John 17:14-18, which is your right... others desire to stay here and support the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the Lord's effort to save as many as possible from buring in hell.

I understand that not everyone desires this viewpoint...

We know by scripture, that Peter was supposed to be crucified.

18. Amen, amen, I say to you, when you were younger, you used to dress yourself and go where you wanted; but when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.”
19. He said this signifying by what kind of death he would glorify God. And when he had said this, he said to him, “Follow me.”

So we see that Peter's death would glorify God.

Death is part of our walk with God. All men do so but many glorify God with their death, just as Paul's beheading also did so. Dying while giving glory to God.

NEWS FLASH... Just because God tells of future events does not mean it is the will of God.

It's a funny (in a sad way), carnal, man-made religious teaching that says... "when satan murders God's people, causing them to die early to prevent them from supporting spreading the Gospel to bring in as many people to the Lord as possible... this brings God glory!"

That all depends on who is being referred to as "god", eh?

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Nothing like a little twisting, eh?... No, I didn't say any such thing.
No twisting but there was no difference between Peter being crucified than Jesus. Both were following the will of God.
What I said was they could not kill Jesus UNTIL He laid down His life...
Not in the paragraph which you were saying that Peter was not believing in God for deliverance.
which is the primary reason He came was to die FOR US.
Yes, Jesus died for us but the Apostles also died for the glory of God, not because they lacked faith.

Pay attention man, pay attention.
I did.

OK, so you choose to believe Jesus should take it upon Himself to deliver us...
Jesus delivered us from the dark into the light but did not deliver us from all harm. The dark and the light refer to being without(dark) and with(light) Jesus. The Jews were in the darkness before Jesus, the light, came.

when we do not bother to ask for a believe for deliverance, which is what Steven obviously did since the account of his experience shows no evidence of him ever asking for or believing for deliverance from his situation... which would have been a MAJOR miracle that would have promoted the Gospel exceedingly!
Steven, being full of the Holy Spirit and power, understood God's will was for him to receive his martyrdom, or baptism of blood. Jesus told of his death as a baptism and also told the Apostles that they too would receive that baptism in Mark 10:38 But Jesus said unto them, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink the cup that I drink? or to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? 39. And they said unto him, We are able. And Jesus said unto them, The cup that I drink ye shall drink; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:
If God was going to do things in our lives without our consent, then why doesn't He just make the whole world get saved?
God does not need our consent to act.
You apparently do not believe what Jesus said in John 17:14-18, which is your right...
I believe everything which is written within scripture, I just don't agree with how you interpret pieces of it. John 17:14-18 has nothing to do with if the Apostles would die violent deaths or not. It is about them being protected from turning to Satan while they are spreading the Gospel throughout the world. God did protect them. Them dying for the glory of God shows that he was protecting them until the very end of their earthly time.
others desire to stay here and support the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the Lord's effort to save as many as possible from buring in hell.
And those that God chooses stay. Just as he chose to save Peter and Paul until late in their life and brought them to Rome to be martyred there for his glory.
I understand that not everyone desires this viewpoint...
I only desire the will of God. Whether I live or die, I do it for the Lord.

NEWS FLASH... Just because God tells of future events does not mean it is the will of God.
NEWS FLASH!!!! When scripture says that it is, IT IS!!!
It's a funny (in a sad way), carnal, man-made religious teaching that says... "when satan murders God's people, causing them to die early to prevent them from supporting spreading the Gospel to bring in as many people to the Lord as possible... this brings God glory!"
Is that your "man-made religious teaching"? I don't know any Christian Church which teaches that.:doh:

There were hundreds of thousands of Christians killed by Jews and pagan believers during the first two centuries but that didn't stop the spread of the Gospel.
That all depends on who is being referred to as "god", eh?
I could care less what god people may refer to, as long as God the Father and his Son Jesus lead me to the truth, through the possession of the Holy Spirit.

BTW, you really need to learn how to use those "ellipses" ... ... ...

God bless,
YD

Upvote 0

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith
There were hundreds of thousands of Christians killed by Jews and pagan believers during the first two centuries but that didn't stop the spread of the Gospel.

Yeah, and think about how many more souls would have been saved if they has believed God to delivery them so they could continue spreading the Gospel till they lived to be very, very old like John did!

satan profits greatly when he murders God's servants.

Apostles also died for the glory of God, not because they lacked faith.

So, can we expect to hear about you going out and dying for God's glory? :confused:

You do want to bring God glory, do you not?

If so, then what arrangements have you made to get yourself killed for the Gospel?

Yer not chikin, are ya?

Upvote 0