New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Anyway.

Thats settled. We can all go back to my original discussion.

My pastor is away at the moment so our youth pastor is preaching. He did something a bit different on sunday which was shared prayer. And allowed us to pray out loud as we were led by the holy spirit. We usually pray in twos and threes in private but this time he opened it up. You know how some pastors pray on the churches behalf in services. I think its nice that he did that. So its not always the pastor praying although he does get to the point really welll.

Upvote 0

Butterfly99

Getting ready for spring break. Cya!
Oct 28, 2015
DC area
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have never had a baptist tell me the earth is flat lol. Unless that baptist was like 12 years old and kidding me.

Are you sure these ppl are baptists??? I think they were having you on. We do have a sense of humour.

Are you a baptist? If not, what are you doing on this forum? This is a baptist forum!

Well there are a bunch of threads on this forum about the earth being flat, in several different sections. These folks do believe what they are writing. They're not 12. They're adults. You can do a search. I posted links to a few of the posts earlier. Most have the Baptist label under their name. One wrote a long PM to me with heaps of scripture. He was very serious about the Bible showing that the earth is flat. Most Baptists would agree the earth isn't flat. It's about how he interprets the Bible. It's his biblical truth. I guess it's not all that different with other things folks disagree on here.

I just explained to you that I'm not a Baptist. I'm a Christian. It's a Christian Forum. Not a Baptist Forum. You don't have the Baptist label under your name, either. It just lists you as Christian, just like mine does. I replied to the thread cause I saw it on the stream of new posts. I thought that it would be sweet. I thought it would be enjoyable. Well it had been at first.

Yes please give scripture since you derailed this thread by ignoring the title.

Huh? I just explained to you why I can't give scripture in this section. It's against the rules. I was told that you need to have the Baptist label under your name in order to post theology. Uh. Lady, you've done a lot to derail your own thread. You've written more posts about women being pastors & other off-OP topic posts than anybody else here. In one breath you're complaining that I'm derailing, other folks here are complaining, in another you're asking me to post what you think is derailing it. Or you're writing more to derail it yourself. For real it would help if you stayed on track if that's really what you want. A moderator is the 1st one who answered about his pastor being a lady. His post was great! It made my heart glad. Now the thread could have moved on friendly & smooth but you needed to do the whole "your lady is a pastor???" thing. Smh.

Dont worry. Im sure if there was a biblical basis for it, another baptist would have given ample scripture by now.

There's not that many Baptists participating in this thread, lol. I haven't counted them up but I'm guessing there's around 5 people in this thread with the Baptist label & one of them has already said he's got a female pastor. I already showed you that many Baptist conventions ordain women. They most certainly do have their Biblical reasons for it. This isn't something that all Baptists are on the same page on, much less all Christians. That was my point from the top.

Don't worry, unsubscribing from your thread, lol.

- What the heck. You accuse me of being rude right after making a rude a comment how me being a Methodist explains it? It's not my intention to mock anybody. There are some beliefs some folks see as normal, others as far-out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Gosh. That was rude.
I mean, people who aren't baptists mocking baptists on a baptist forum.
I don't go on catholic forums or methodist forums mocking their beliefs.

If I wanted to know about women pastors..I would have started a topic on the general theology forum. Or asked a question in the methodist forum. But I don't. Sorry.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I do note that the fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Not that women can't pray just as well but, we ARE quieter.

But the cool thing was, when I prayed my pastor heard my feeble prayer and he prayed again but louder and put it in better words. So I think God really heard that. :)

Upvote 0

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I will just ignore ppl who try to derail my thread.
Thanks.

Butterfly, she is correct, that you've written more posts, about female pastors, in this thread than others have. It's rude, and unfair, to accuse her, of being the one to derail your thread, when that is not the case, no. I would like to reply, to some of your posts, that are off the OP topic, here, but do not wish, to then be accused, of derailing your thread, simply, by replying to you. I will leave them be, beyond this post, which I feel compelled to write.

If you are truly so unhappy, about this thread, request for this to be closed, and start a fresh one perhaps. Explain in that OP, if you do, that you only want to talk about male pastors, if you must. You are absolutely incorrect, that all Baptists, are in agreement, about female pastors. There's been heated debate, in this section, between Baptists. There are many Baptist churches, that do ordain women. Whilst in America, last year, I attended a Baptist church that had female pastors in the past. The current pastor, is male, as the former pastor, a lady, had retired at age 70. It's quite normal, that many would read your thread title, assume, with good humour, that you were simply using the male gender, for simplicity, in your OP. Such as the saying, "all men are created equal", of course meaning women as well.

Gosh. That was rude.
I mean, people who aren't baptists mocking baptists on a baptist forum.
I don't go on catholic forums or methodist forums mocking their beliefs.

If I wanted to know about women pastors..I would have started a topic on the general theology forum. Or asked a question in the methodist forum. But I don't. Sorry.

I didn't think, that she was all that rude, to be honest. Certainly not as rude, as your posts, to her, or other posts, in this thread. I read her post, simply, as accepting that people have very different beliefs, based on their understanding of Bible verses. How they are very passionate, about these beliefs, even if others, passionately disagree with them, and think them absurd, or "full-stop wrong". It is well known, that not all Christians, agree on one another's beliefs. You are the one, who mocked those, who believe in a flat earth, said they must be 12. I'm surprised, you haven't seen the threads, about a flat earth, as several, have been on the main page, in the most trended topics recently.

I made a thread, in the section for liberal Christians, about women being ordained. It had been quite a nice discussion, at first. Then several people, from your thread, who are not liberal Christians, posted there. They continued to post, even after they were made aware of the statement of purpose, for that section. They continued to ignore the "house rules". All Christians, are allowed to post in the Baptist section. She explained, to you, her respect for the rules, by not teaching scripture. She is allowed, to say she believes in women pastors, as again, that is not contradictory to all Baptist teachings. She has the same label, as you do here. You have not listed your faith, as Baptist, either. You turned right around and prodded her, to break those rules, and teach the scriptures, to support women being ordained. She's also a kid, with only 16 years, and her mum, she's a pastor. Naturally, this would be a topic, that is quite sensitive. I think, she is wise, to leave it, yes, but she shouldn't feel she must.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
No, i think she was being rude. Sorry as you are and twisting my words.
I have specifically asked people to share about their pastor and his wife and how theyve encouraged us in our faith and then all these people jump on here ignoring what I asked them to do.

Because i want to know my pastor better as he lost his wife...and my youth pastor and his wife are new to the church. I mean they are new in that he now has this role and theyve moved from another church to my one. They actually grew up in the church.

And i think pastors and their wives make a minsitry team. I dont really see women pastors..or their husbands.....as relevant to my thread. Sorry. All ive heard is that some people think their female pastor is great but all the people who do that dont mention any husbandand so i think..huh. And they havent shared how they helped them in their faith either.

And i just want to keep it to pastors and their wives to not have that confusion because im interested also in the wifes role.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Anyway.
Just to reiterate, in case some people dont understand english.
When a women marries she becomes a wife.
When a man marries, he becomes a husband.

In timothy, it does say that to have an office of a bishop...which is another word for pastor, a man must be the husband of one wife.

Thats why catholic priests cannot be called pastors or bishops. They dont have wives.
I think God wants pastors to be married because they then know how to rule a household and having that experience helps them with the wider household of God.

Im sad that my pastors wife died but i think my pastor having gone through it can help comfort others whove been widowed. And he hasnt lost his faith.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I want to keep it this way because Paul wrote let all things be done decently and in order.
And, though its hard for some people to believe, there is a definite order to the way God created us.

So please respect that I want to discuss your pastor and his wife. In that order.

In no way does that mean women are inferior. In fact it means we women are in many ways superior because we are Gods final creation. The first shall be last and the last shall be first etc.

I just have started to appreciate how the pastors wives have a meek and quiet spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

baptist4life

Jul 21, 2012
✟32,693.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Biblical pastors are MEN. Scripture is CLEAR on that. Anyway, my pastor's wife is a wonderful lady who is our pastor's "help meet". He would tell you himself that she is his "other half" and completes him, just as God intended. I would ask for prayer for her as she has recently been diagnosed with cancer. Actually our church has two other pastors (music pastor, and youth pastor), ......both MEN............whose wives are also wonderful, Godly women who serve in our church in many areas. That is the Biblical way. I truly don't understand how people can interpret Scripture any differently. It's PLAIN. Still, people will twist Scripture to fit their own desires.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes i will pray for your pastors wife. Thank you.
My pastors wife also had cancer. The amazing thing was while she was going through it she would still come to church and worship. Satan tried to steal her body but he cant take her soul.

Reactions: baptist4life
Upvote 0

Butterfly99

Getting ready for spring break. Cya!
Oct 28, 2015
DC area
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, i think she was being rude. Sorry as you are and twisting my words.
I have specifically asked people to share about their pastor and his wife and how theyve encouraged us in our faith and then all these people jump on here ignoring what I asked them to do.

Because i want to know my pastor better as he lost his wife...and my youth pastor and his wife are new to the church. I mean they are new in that he now has this role and theyve moved from another church to my one. They actually grew up in the church.

And i think pastors and their wives make a minsitry team. I dont really see women pastors..or their husbands.....as relevant to my thread. Sorry. All ive heard is that some people think their female pastor is great but all the people who do that dont mention any husbandand so i think..huh. And they havent shared how they helped them in their faith either.

And i just want to keep it to pastors and their wives to not have that confusion because im interested also in the wifes role.

Well for real I'm sorry if you think I was being rude, but Matthew 7:3 sure is coming to mind after reading your posts. Don't see how Blue Wren twisted anything but, you can think as you please.

I hadn't planned on coming back here but I got a real nice PM about it. I read your post where you're saying huh, about how we didn't talk about husbands of pastors like that's a bad thing instead of it being about trying to just follow what you wanted. Like I said you're kinda confusing. I sure did talk about my mom & what she does for our church, me & the community. She built up my faith when I was little & has helped me to keep building it up on my own. She has brought so many ppl to the Lord. She has encouraged so many ppl to do great things for the Lord. I did talk about her husband, cause I said my parents are amazing. My dad is from a huge family. There were 8 of them, & he's been the kind of person to help out & put others first his whole life. She has too tbh. They're both very generous. He is the one who came up with the idea to start a special ministry for the deaf in our community. She made it happen. Made it into what it is now. It's got a real special place in his heart cause his brother was born deaf & his aunt went deaf after being sick when she was little. There's a university for the deaf in DC. Many of the graduates live in my city. Their spiritual needs weren't being met, so they did their best to meet them. He also is extremely involved in Habitat for Humanity projects. He leads lots of the projects in our area. Lots of folks from my church are on the teams. My parents also started up a special ministry for parents who foster. We've been a foster family for years. We have a bigger house than we need with 2 just biological kids, all cause we want room for the foster kids to make this their home too. There's a lot of challenges in fostering. Many folks don't realize how hard it is to be a foster parent. It's even harder to be a kid in foster care. My dad is the president of the men's club at our church. They tend to various needs the church community has. They do the yard work for the elderly. When it snows they organize teams to go & shovel the driveways. They do toy drives. They do blood drives. They have a special crew that knows how to do construction & stuff. They help out with all kinds of things. Like they put a new roof on a widow's house recently. They raise money for needy ppl & give it out. There is a camp for foster kids, & they helped to raise money to pay for it. The kids get to go for free. I could talk all day today & tomorrow & the next day about how much my mom & my dad have done. They try to live out Christ's commands all day every day & there's nobody else I admire more.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Galatians 3:27-28 New International Version (NIV)

27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Can you please keep to the topic. By the way I am female, so not sure what your point is. Just because I am not an ordained pastor doesn't mean God thinks I am any less.

I really appreciate the job pastors do as it's not easy. And I like that wives support them and that they have that support, because wives can reach out to the women of the congregation and show us godly ways by example, without preaching, but with godly conversations and prayer.

Upvote 0