Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Im sorry that you didnt see love between your pastor and wife growing up. I guess you in a different church now and probably see it now.

Well, when i look at my pastor and his wife who passed away i think that i saw their love in the way that he supported her through the illness. And before she passed she did get up and express her thanks to everyone. But as i didnt know her that well I wasnt privy to everything. I didnt grow up in this church or any church so I guess im only judging on the last three or so years. I think it must have been difficult at times, i think it may be harder to be a pastors wife than you might think. I know at her funeral they said that because it was a baptist church and its kinda traditional for baptist wives not to work full time roles, they said it was unusual that she was a nurse and kept on in. That role up till she was dying. But that was HER ministry. And she was dedicated.

So yes. She you might say she went against the grain as well. But as her husband accepted this then its ok. I think that if her husband hadnt of accepted it and made her quit her job just so he could feel like the important one then it wouldnt have been very good! But then i dont know the impact that had on her children..as they dont go to this church but elsewhere.

I think there are good reasons why a young mother ought to devote herself full time to her children rather than a full time job so I agree with you there but she must also be willing and to consider the consequences if she quits or stays and accept that choice. I think its so much harder for woman these days to carry on the extra workload and commitments because often the men just dont step in to take up the slack.

Anyway. Carry on.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Was out shopping yesterday and my pastor saw me and said hello.
We are having shared lunches after the service over summer so it will be an opporunity for more fellowship. Apparently was his idea.

Another couple in church are organising it all. My pastor has been pastoring this church ever since I can remember, I dont know who was before him.

In another local church i was attending for a while the pastor or minister is new and they said they didnt even have a pastor for several years, apparently the previous one there left as there was some kind of scandal! I didnt ask much more, i dont know all the history of that church, which is a presy.

One of the church ladies husbands goes to the other church, she actually belongs there but prefers the baptist, its quite funny to have a couple that each goes to a different church. But like me she prefers the baptist, i dont know, something different about it.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My pastor spoke about his wife on sunday how she was diagnosed and as she was dying she actually got filled with the spirit like shed never had before..and said she had this peace even though her body was falling apart. I think that really touched everyone.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I had been away from church for a while and my pastor went to england to pick up a lost sheep ...his 15 year old grandson. Now he is going to live with him and come to our church. So we all prayed for him, but we joked his grandson would need our prayers more living with our old codger pastor.

Upvote 0