✟15,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Favorite songs: too many to list

musicians: too many to list

instruments: guitar, sax, percussion

How you feel about music: (It's soul therapy baby!)
It's a daily struggle for me to avoid certain types of music. I'm naturally drawn to "heavy" stuff, but my interests are non-biased. I love all types of any decade. I think as long as it is pleasing to God, or promotes positive feelings...then I can safely listen to it. I really enjoy just "jams". I admire the talent. It's a struggle though. :)

What Scripture says about music: I think it's in Chronicles....but there are references to song and instrumental play to the Lord and how it allowed/developed a mindset of the people to recieve the holy spirt into the place. Most referenced is the harp, but I dont think it's meant that we are to only use certain instruments. It was just the thing at that time. Also, ....trying to remember...Saul? David was called to minister to Saul with harp..music. Some might say that it was an unusual circumstance as Saul was afflicted, but aren't we all? :) I think the scripture shows that we dont have to hinder music, but that it actually can minister and create an atmosphere of awesome worship. I'm unaware of any further scripture that may void this out, but I'm not as well versed as I should be either.

So Rate the song above you, and be honest
it's all just for fun ...
Give it a rating from one to five (does that
sound fair? Sounds completely fair!

Great thread! :ok:

BB King/Eric Clapton: I give it 5 and two thirds vote! It speaks mah language, so I'm biased. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJFGCrMplq4

Last edited:
Upvote 0

student ad x

Senior Contributor
Feb 20, 2009
just outside the forrest
✟29,077.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

239644-albums1818-20525.jpg

post count over 1000 - splitting thread

http://www.christianforums.com/t7392278/

MOD HAT OFF

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.