Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Rock music and metal is confusion: much of it is noise, not even talent - and what does have talent is so dark and depressing, delving into the deepest pits of hell and the occult, lewdness, violence, and anything that is sin. Just consider some lyrics:
"Don't go to Heaven 'cause it's really only Hell" - Ronnie J Dio
"God of Thunder, and Rock n Roll, The spell you're under, Will slowly rob you of your virgin soul. - KISS
"Lord of this world, Evil possessor. Lord of this world, He's your confessor now" - Black Sabbath
"A Friend of the Devil is a friend of mine" - Grateful Dead
"Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me." - Queen
The rockers have the infamous and insidious "27 Club" of musicians who died at age 27. Jimi Hendrix, Janice Joplin, Jim Morrison, Curt Cobain, Brian Jones. Yet they still glorify drugs, sex, death, and sin, bringing upon them the heaviest judgments; for these are the prophets of the teens, the youth, the next generation, and the spell of rock & roll has deceived billions!
"Rock n Roll is my religion and my law" Ozzy Osborne sings. And AC/DC dragging people down to hell since the 1970s, especially with their song "Highway to Hell." Ironically the original lead singer Bon Scott died of alcohol poisoning 7 months after the release of that album. They all pretend it's fun and it's going to be one big party. The lyrics are downright mockery to a holy God, and Mr Scott found out real quick when he suddenly "awoke" after that last drink that this did NOT happen: "Goin' down, Party time! My friends are gonna be there too: I'm on the highway to hell...Hey satan, Payin' my dues, Playin' in a rockin' band. Hey mumma, Look at me, I'm on the way to the promised land. I'm on the highway to hell."
Well, he did speak some truth there: that playing in a rockin band is paying your dues to Satan!He was right in your face with that. I can say with pretty much assurance he went straight to hell. He had no time to repent. He was partying and getting drunk. His music is filled with vile filth, and he lived a godless life. He even visited the same maternity ward where 2 different women had babies by him at the same time. I spent some time on AC/DC and Bon Scott because of the popularity of that one song, and considering how he went to hell. This should be a wake up call for anyone who thinks rock n roll is cool!

Screenshot 2024-02-27 5.08.26 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-27 5.09.38 PM.png

Now a lot of people say it's not the beat or style of music, it's the lyrics that make a song evil. WRONG! Satan was the anointed cherub that covereth, who has musical instruments created in him. Ezekiel 28:13, "Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created"
In Isaiah 14 right before the scripture transitions from talking about the King of Babylon to Lucifer falling from heaven, it says "Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols." (Isaiah 14:11) So we have stringed instruments here, and percussion and wind instruments in Ezekiel.

It is said "The devils chord" is the tritone: "Like the Beast, it has many names: Diabolus in musica (devil in music), the devil’s interval, the tritone, the triad and the flatted fifth. As its Latin moniker suggests, it’s an evil sounding combination of notes that’s designed to create a chilling or foreboding atmosphere. Jimi Hendrix, Black Sabbath and many more musicians in rock and metal use this technique. It has a sinister and menacing sound that is meant to disturb its listeners.
This simple technique has been used most effectively in heavy metal, and is often credited to Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi who played it in the song “Black Sabbath” from the band’s 1970 self-titled first album.
The Devil’s Interval, and diabolus in musica, this combination of tones has led to some of the most chilling melodies in music history, from classical compositions to heavy metal riffs, and even has a reputation for being banned by religious authority in centuries past.
" The Devil’s Chord: The Eerie History of The Menacing Tritone
"The Devil’s Chord, the devil’s interval, the tritone, the triad, and the diminished or flatted fifth are a combination of musical notes that are designed to create a chilling or discordant sound that makes for a foreboding atmosphere.
After all, music is hypnotic and activates specific neuro cortical structures in the brain inducing whatever emotion the musician desires in their listeners...It is used to create tension, discord, or suspense in music and more importantly, it has also been connected with inducing a ‘hypnotic state’ in the listener. The use of music and sound for inducing ‘hypnotic’ and ‘subconscious’ states and capacities etc. is used to artificially produce a build up of emotions, energy and tension within the listener.
The godfathers of metal, Black Sabbath built their music careers using the Devil’s chord. The primary riff used in “Black Sabbath” from the band’s 1970 self-titled first album, which is based on (and begins with) the tritone interval, can be credited to guitarist Tony Iommi. “He came to rehearsal one day,” Ozzy Osbourne remembered of Iommi’s innovation in 2001, “and said, ‘Isn’t it funny how people pay money to watch horror films; why don’t we start playing scary music?’ And then he came up with that ‘Black Sabbath’ riff, which was the scariest riff I’ve ever heard in my life.”
Iomni developed Sabbath’s sound after listening to a piece of classical music he and bassist Geezer Butler enjoyed by Gustav Holst called “Mars, The Bringer of War” from the suite The Planets (written in 1914).
Iommi began experimenting with the sound on guitar by slowing it down to a crawl, and he liked the unsettling feeling it created. Then he added a trill to the flatted fifth, repeatedly wavering from Db to D and added vibrato to the other notes playing at different speeds and with varying chord combinations to emphasize the tension of the music." The Devil’s Tritone: How it induces hypnosis in listeners to control their minds | Gnostic Warrior By Moe Bedard

While I'm on beats, let's digress a moment and talk about Rap music, Hip Hop, and Trap music. Back in 2001 at work in the fillet department of a fish cannery, a couple of us noticed the crew working differently when certain music was played. Rock music made people work quicker but a little less quality. We then had someone put on Rap music. Soon the workers were literally chopping violently at the fish, and I, as quality control had to send many fillets back to be trimmed, and finally had to order that music off. We tested musical beats and found different reactions. The best music we found to get quality work was folk music, some pop music, and even classical type music.

Look at Exodus 32:17-19, "And when Joshua heard the noise of the people as they shouted, he said unto Moses, There is a noise of war in the camp.And he said, It is not the voice of them that shout for mastery, neither is it the voice of them that cry for being overcome: but the noise of them that sing do I hear." A noise of WAR! Isn't that what a lot of Rock and Metal sounds like? Notice they saw the idol, and the dancing, then later on in verse 25 it says the people were naked (maybe not completely nude, but probably stripped down to their undergarments, which was considered naked by Israel in those days). How much like a rock party, or rap, or trap party does this sound? The louder and more raunchy the music, the more drink, and the clothing starts to come off.
What about Mosh pits and slam dancing? It's the style of music and the beat, not the lyrics that get people in a frenzy. You could take the lyrics completely out of the punk rock, thrash metal, black metal, Death metal, War metal, etc; and the people will still dance in a violent almost gladiator type way in some of the more extreme cases.

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
(Continued)
When I got saved in 1985, the first thing to go was the occult and any inappropriate contentographic pictures I had on my walls, then drugs, then cigarettes and cussing. It was 3 weeks after I was saved I had not repented of my heavy metal music, and I went to listen to the metal hours on radio between 11 PM to 2 AM that I did every weekend. Suddenly it sounded hollow, dead, like a dark thing. I FELT the evil, and it grieved me in my spirit, and worse, I could tell it was grieving the Holy Spirit, so I quit that night, shutting the radio off part way through the first hour.
But a couple months after I was saved I met a girl, a Christian; but as we corresponded, talked, and visited, she said there was "Christian Rock" and introduced me to Stryper and Petra. It wasn't long before satan used these to draw me back into mainstream rock, and songwriting. In 1986 I wrote "Child of Dawn" which was inspired by Satan and called upon "The son of the dawn" in Isaiah 14:12 and asked him to come to me! I thought I was just writing a cool sounding hippie song "Son of the Dawn" is how the incomplete and corrupted NIV Bible words that Isaiah verse. KJV is "son of the morning" NIV also goes further to call him "Morning Star" which is a title reserved for Jesus only!
What's even worse is 10 years later in 1996 a book was published by Gotham Chopra called "Child of the Dawn" about a young boy who finds occult powers and has a "magical awakening" Purely satanic garbage that gets published these days! The music, the books, the games. Satan has secured a tight foothold in society by saturating it with his wicked ways, making it look "fun" as with Harry Potter, or romantic as with Twilight, or Lord of the Rings and Star Wars.

I wont go into how many times I repented and would walk strong with the LORD, only to give in to a little rock music, or a little drink, and the 2 fed each other. I couldn't do one without the other and the combination of them both is disastrous. I recall listening to Stryper at my workplace back in 1986, and an unsaved man came in when he heard it. He knew I was saved as I had witnessed Christ at work, and he said "I thought you gave that up. I thought you were a Christian now?" I explained it was "Christian metal" and to listen to the words. All he said was "Well, I could party to that!" Sometimes God will use the unsaved to try to bring something to a backslidden believer's attention. Sadly I didn't realize it then, but listening to so called "Christian rock" made my testimony questionable with that man.
So it don't matter how many defend Christian rock or rap, or what excuses they use. Truth is, it IS SATANIC, Satan has his own style, his own beat, and that's just the instrumental, and this style of music has ruined so many lives, sent many to hell, and killed people! Rock music period is the spawn of Satan, and it ain't the words, it's the beat. Honestly, there is a very thin line between some modern "contemporary" worship music and rock.

I love some good worship music with all the instruments. The Psalms tell us to use multiple instruments: Psalm 149 & 150 especially. Not a problem. But I've been in worship services where musicians get carried away, they lay on the heavy bass, and lead guitar riffs, and the music turns dark. You can tell in some of the congregation too, how they seem to stop worshipping and start to tap their feet or dance as they would at a rock concert. At those points I stop, sit and pray. They just tend to jump the fence at times and cross that thin line, carrying the song into forbidden territory: the realm of darkness, and the noise of Satan.
Isaiah 38:20 "The Lord was ready to save me: therefore we will sing my songs to the stringed instruments all the days of our life in the house of the Lord." Yes, by all means let us worship with music, but let's not adapt the Devil's music to our worship. In Amos 5 the LORD is angered and grieved by the peoples "worship" - "For I know your manifold transgressions and your mighty sins: they afflict the just, they take a bribe, and they turn aside the poor in the gate from their right." (5:12), and earlier before that it says " Ye who turn judgment to wormwood, and leave off righteousness in the earth" (5:7). Finally in Amos 5:23, "Take thou away from me the noise of thy songs; for I will not hear the melody of thy viols."

Consider this powerful word in the Psalms. If you can possibly get a vision of the pure holiness of an Almighty and Sovereign God, and are truly filled with the Holy Spirit and clothed with Christ's righteousness as a garment, then see if the rock & roll style is acceptable worship music. Or Rap; the rap beat. Psalm 24:3-5 "Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation."

Pro 24:8-9 "He that deviseth to do evil shall be called a mischievous person.The thought of foolishness is sin: and the scorner is an abomination to men."
("Mischievous" is not some little prank or some cutesy Tinkerbell meddling, but is truly wicked, pernicious, with the purpose or intent to do that which is evil; devising snares, malice.)

Eccl 7:5 "It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools." (Fool can mean simple or stupid, but also an arrogant person, silly, often with the additional idea of impiety) Rock & Roll is the song of fools in this regard, as being arrogant, silly, and filled with impiety on numerous levels. Maybe not so much "simple" or "stupid" though I think there's been a few bands that might fall into these categories as well.

Meditate on the following passages. Consder the awesome majesty of the risen King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Jesus, Yeshua, the Messiah, Christ.

Zech 2:4-8 "Jerusalem shall be inhabited as towns without walls for the multitude of men and cattle therein:
For I, saith the Lord, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her.
Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the Lord: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the Lord.
Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest with the daughter of Babylon.
For thus saith the Lord of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye."

Song 3:6, "Who is this that cometh out of the wilderness like pillars of smoke, perfumed with myrrh and frankincense, with all powders of the merchant?"
Lev 24:7 "And thou shalt put pure frankincense upon each row, that it may be on the bread for a memorial, even an offering made by fire unto the Lord.
Rev 8:3-4 "And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand."

Ozzy Osborne sings "You can't kill rock n roll, it's here to stay." I say rather what the Word of Almighty God says, that we CAN kill rock & roll by mortifying the flesh: Romans 8:13, " For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live."
"Revellings" is one of the works of the flesh in Galatians 5:21. Revellings is "Komos" in Greek and it has this definition: "a nocturnal and riotous procession of half drunken and frolicsome fellows who after supper parade through the streets with torches and music in honour of Bacchus or some other deity, and sing and play before houses of male and female friends; hence used generally of feasts and drinking parties that are protracted till late at night and indulge in revelry"
Music in honor of some deity, feasting and drinking parties till late at night. What's that sound like? Sounds exactly like most of the rock & roll parties I went to in my days of sin and the flesh. In Romans 13:13 this same word "komos" is translated "rioting" - "Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying." 1 Peter 4:3 also uses the same word, "For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:" All of which take place at Rock parties.
I'll conclude with 1 Peter 4:4-11,
"Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you:
Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.
And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
Use hospitality one to another without grudging.
As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen."
Amen!

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Here's something I should have added to this message:

In 1977 my Mom came in while I was listening to Black Sabbath 1 (Which is mentioned in the article about the "devils chord" tritone) and said something about it not being good. Then her boyfriend came in and said "That's what they call Head Music - it's for the head." All I knew at the time was weed was for the head, and Heavy Metal + Weed was a real high.
Urban Dictionary has an excellent definition of Head Music:
"Head music is term that originated in the Midwest in the 1970s. The term is used to describe a quality within a song, an album, or an artist’s body of work that puts you in a deep contemplative place. Head music isn’t exactly a genre in the traditional sense, but could include certain 60s psychedelic, 70s prog rock and beyond. Though head music is a cross-genre phenomenon - there are some common elements which generally include droning base or synthesizer sounds, long crescendoing guitar solos, and
if there are lyrics they are deeply moving, thought provoking, and paint vivid imagery. Head music transports you to a different place. It creates an atmosphere where the listener and the musicians are one."

Some other Google searches about music in general reveal this:
"What is the magical power of music?
Music can trigger parts of the brain, the nucleus accumbens and the amygdala, both linked to seeking pleasure and emotional expression. When we listen to music dopamine is released and it brings our emotions to the surface: happiness, love, sadness, fear or being ready for a fight."

"Does music have powers?
Music has been found to have powerful effects on the mental and physical health of patients in hospitals and hospices. Studies show that music can reduce stress levels, improve moods, increase energy levels, reduce pain levels, and even speed up recovery time from illness or injury."

"What is negatively affected by rock music?
It can affect health, mood, spending, output, and how we view the world. According to some research, it may heighten aggressive thoughts or promote criminal activity. Therefore, according to these, the negatively affected by rock music is mental health."

1 Thessalonians 5:22-23, "Abstain from all appearance of evil. And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Upvote 0

Groov3yDud3

Mar 6, 2024
Parkland
✟7,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Tbh it seems like rock in roll was killed in modern hit music. Rock n roll just isn't popular anymore and isn't in the charts like it was in the 60's, 70s, and 80s back when they didn't know about the internet and smartphones.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
@Kokavkrystallos you just outlined to a large extent why I am opposed to “Christian rock” music and “Praise and worship” music. Indeed I was alienated from the church in which I was baptized by that church abandoning its organ music and traditional congregational hymn singing in favor of a “praise band” in which teenagers badly sang various songs on the electric guitar and drumkit.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Tbh it seems like rock in roll was killed in modern hit music. Rock n roll just isn't popular anymore and isn't in the charts like it was in the 60's, 70s, and 80s back when they didn't know about the internet and smartphones.

The damage was done, however, and in place of rock and roll are even more degenerate styles of popular music.

Upvote 0