Would the world be better without atheists?

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, then, can I assume that you're pro-gay marriage, anti-war, anti-death penalty, anti-creationism (since lying is a sin, and creationism is a lie, as is proven by all of the evidence that supports evolution), and pro-respecting other religions? If not, then what makes you think that God is happy with you, and that you're not Hell-bound?
What you can assume, is that I think that the world would be better off without atheists, because they all accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour and are now Heaven-bound.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
T

tsiehtA_ehT

What you can assume, is that I think that the world would be better off without atheists, because they all accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour and are now Heaven-bound.

:thumbsup:
Just answer my question. Do you or do you not hold those views?

I mean, it's not like you can prove that Hell exists and that all atheists are destined to go there after you die. That's just an opinion, not a fact. So why not just strive to be a kind, loving person, instead of taking the Bible 100% literally, as though there's no possibility at all that a book (which is all the Bible is) could be riddled with errors. I mean, you do realize that the Bible was written by men (who were all capable of making mistakes, just like everyone else on Earth), not by God, don't you?

Upvote 0
T

tsiehtA_ehT

Let's reword it....the world would be better if everyone were saved!!! :)
No, actually, the world would not be a better place if everyone held the exact same beliefs regarding religion. No one would be unique then, and everyone would just be robotic in their behaviors and actions, since that's what Christianity is all about: only doing a select number of things that the Bible says aren't wrong.

Upvote 0
T

tsiehtA_ehT

Just answer my question. Do you or do you not hold those views?

I mean, it's not like you can prove that Hell exists and that all atheists are destined to go there after you die. That's just an opinion, not a fact. So why not just strive to be a kind, loving person, instead of taking the Bible 100% literally, as though there's no possibility at all that a book (which is all the Bible is) could be riddled with errors. I mean, you do realize that the Bible was written by men (who were all capable of making mistakes, just like everyone else on Earth), not by God, don't you?
AV1611VET, I'm still waiting for a reply to this post.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No one would be unique then, and everyone would just be robotic in their behaviors and actions, since that's what Christianity is all about: only doing a select number of things that the Bible says aren't wrong.
You mean like loving everyone, including our enemies, as our default position?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You do realize that that means that you're wrong and I'm right, since you're unable to refute my arguments, don't you?
If you're right, I'm wrong -- how's that? :)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's great, as long as you're okay with being wrong, which means that all of your views, including those involving Christianity and the Bible, are wrong as well.
So is this conversation over now?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
K

kharisym

No, actually, the world would not be a better place if everyone held the exact same beliefs regarding religion. No one would be unique then, and everyone would just be robotic in their behaviors and actions, since that's what Christianity is all about: only doing a select number of things that the Bible says aren't wrong.

You mean like loving everyone, including our enemies, as our default position?
Reality proves you both wrong. Religion isn't the sole determinant of human behavior- to say this is disingenuous.

Same goes for you, AV. Christians are just as capable of violence and hatred as anyone else. To claim that a single religion produces perfect people is disingenuous as well.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Same goes for you, AV. Christians are just as capable of violence and hatred as anyone else. To claim that a single religion produces perfect people is disingenuous as well.
We are commanded to love our enemies; which means that loving our enemies is not an option.

If we choose not to love them as the default position, then we will be judged accordingly for it.

In other words, we will be found in violation of said commandment.

Upvote 0