Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
O that the Atheist would quit questioning God, and stop seeking every imaginable excuse to deny Him!

O that the Atheist who has even a miniscule belief that there might be a somewhat intelligent force behind the operations of the Cosmos, hence being somewhat of a Deist, would open their heart to see such utter complexities as the Universe, on down to the smallest known particle, all show plainly the wisdom and knowledge of an intelligent Creator.

O that the Atheist, the Deist, the Unitarian, the Agnostic, all realize there is a Holy Spirit, being part of the Godhead of Father, Son, and Spirit - and that the Holy Spirit is sent into the world to convict of sin, righteousness, and judgment: That the absolute Holiness of God demands the absolute justice of God, because of the absolute love of God, who gave His Son Jesus Christ to pay the penalty for your sin, of which the wages of sin are death!

Question if you may, disbelieve if you will, but none of your surmisings will change the course of God's sovereign will, Who will perform His will despite all your unbelief and questioning. Do not debate with the LORD, for you shall lose!

Thou art a sinner, for you were born in sin, and the only way to be free from the power and the penalty of sin, is to believe upon Jesus Christ, confess your sins to Him, and repent: turn from your sins. For even if you have lived a good moral life by the worlds standards, you are still a sinner, and your denial and unbelief themselves are sin!

O that the Atheist, the Deist, the Unitarian, the Agnostic, come to know the love of God, who is reaching out this time that you might be saved! Get a KJV Bible and begin to read it, and pray mightily for wisdom to receive its truth, that the living Word, who is Jesus Christ our Saviour may awaken your hearts to salvation, that ye die not in your sins and burn in hell: for that is the lot and portion of all unbelievers, and those who embrace sin over the Saviour!

Turn now, for the door is NOW open, and Christ awaits to envelop you with His love, and fill you with His Spirit; for His blood shed on the cross has the power to cleanse you from your sins, and the gift of eternal life shall then be yours. Until you come to Jesus and take Him as the Saviour of your soul, you are pitifully lost, and beneath the dreadful wrath of a Holy God, who is Righteous, and demands Justice, for in unbelief you condemn yourself.
Pray God then, O unbeliever, that He have mercy, and grant you repentance unto life, and saving faith, that ye may believe unto eternal life.
Amen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Palmfever

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,032.00
Faith
Atheist
Is the post not about Morality, and ethics? I would say both are involved. Does it not mention the living of a good moral life according to the worlds standards, albeit that Morality not being conducive to salvation?
Naw. All you did is preach.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Naw. All you did is preach.

Woe is me if I do not preach the Gospel. I presented a moral and ethical truth.

Perhaps you were convicted of your sin, and rather question your own thoughts, and think, "What if it is all true? Then where shall I stand?" You cannot ever prove there is no God, but the heavens themselves, the laws of nature, the laws of physics, and the intricate design of the entire creation show indeed there is a Maker, and screams intelligent design by an all knowing & all powerful Creator.
therefore, God IS, and if God is, then His Word is, and all that have ever lived shall be judged by the laws contained therein: The way of LIfe is laid plainly before you, and you only have to believe to receive it,...

Which brings us to the EVIDENCE of that belief; of the changed lives of the many who have grasped hold of the gift of eternal life: the chains of addictions broken and gone, lives that were a mess, renewed, altered in miraculous ways: Indeed, whole communities awakened and transformed so that liquor establishments closed down, and crime near ceased to be, all because people embraced the Saviour Jesus Christ when He called them to come to Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,032.00
Faith
Atheist
Wow is me if I do not preach the Gospel. I presented a moral and ethical truth.

Perhaps you were convicted of your sin, and rather question your own thoughts, and think, "What if it is all true? Then where shall I stand?" You cannot ever prove there is no God, but the heavens themselves, the laws of nature, the laws of physics, and the intricate design of the entire creation show indeed there is a Maker, and screams intelligent design by an all knowing & all powerful Creator.
therefore, God IS, and if God is, then His Word is, and all that have ever lived shall be judged by the laws contained therein: The way of LIfe is laid plainly before you, and you only have to believe to receive it,...

Which brings us to the EVIDENCE of that belief; of the changed lives of the many who have grasped hold of the gift of eternal life: the chains of addictions broken and gone, lives that were a mess, renewed, altered in miraculous ways: Indeed, whole communities awakened and transformed so that liquor establishments closed down, and crime near ceased to be, all because people embraced the Saviour Jesus Christ when He called them to come to Him.
I was a Christian for 44 years. I'm not wondering if it is all true.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
I was a Christian for 44 years. I'm not wondering if it is all true.
Hmm, and now it says your an Atheist on your profile?
You do know there is a difference between intellectual believing, as you should know the verse from James about the devils also believe and tremble, and true saving faith unto eternal life?
There are many professing Christians who were never born again, and never partook of the Holy Spirits indwelling. O they had belief, I have known many like that, and was once one myself, but I was not saved. I'm pretty sure some of my family was like that.
And, I've known many many folk in Church who go through the motions and think they are "Christian" but are not. My Churches deacon is one of them who was in Church for years, thinking he was saved, but never was, and finally got saved.

It's one thing to fall away and backslide, but I cannot see how a truly born again person can ever turn into a complete unbeliever. The only possible answer for it is such folk were never truly saved in the first place, as there are many professors of Christianity that are not truly adopted in and become sons and daughters of God - Matthew 7:21-23. Jesus says they did all sorts of things in His name, but He says they never knew them....

I'm off to a Bible study.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,340.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
O that the Atheist would quit questioning God, and stop seeking every imaginable excuse to deny Him!

O that the Atheist who has even a miniscule belief that there might be a somewhat intelligent force behind the operations of the Cosmos, hence being somewhat of a Deist, would open there heart to see such utter complexities as the Universe, on down to the smallest known particle, all show plainly the wisdom and knowledge of an intelligent Creator.

O that the Atheist, the Deist, the Unitarian, the Agnostic, all realize there is a Holy Spirit, being part of the Godhead of Father, Son, and Spirit - and that the Holy Spirit is sent into the world to convict of sin, righteousness, and judgment: That the absolute Holiness of God demands the absolute justice of God, because of the absolute love of God, who gave His Son Jesus Christ to pay the penalty for your sin, of which the wages of sin are death!

Question if you may, disbelieve if you will, but none of your surmisings will change the course of God's sovereign will, Who will perform His will despite all your unbelief and questioning. Do not debate with the LORD, for you shall lose!

Thou art a sinner, for you were born in sin, and the only way to be free from the power and the penalty of sin, is to believe upon Jesus Christ, confess your sins to Him, and repent: turn from your sins. For even if you have lived a good moral life by the worlds standards, you are still a sinner, and your denial and unbelief themselves are sin!

O that the Atheist, the Deist, the Unitarian, the Agnostic, come to know the love of God, who is reaching out this time that you might be saved! Get a KJV Bible and begin to read it, and pray mightily for wisdom to receive its truth, that the living Word, who is Jesus Christ our Saviour may awaken your hearts to salvation, that ye die not in your sins and burn in hell: for that is the lot and portion of all unbelievers, and those who embrace sin over the Saviour!

Turn now, for the door is NOW open, and Christ awaits to envelop you with His love, and fill you with His Spirit; for His blood shed on the cross has the power to cleanse you from your sins, and the gift of eternal life shall then be yours. Until you come to Jesus and take Him as the Saviour of your soul, you are pitifully lost, and beneath the dreadful wrath of a Holy God, who is Righteous, and demands Justice, for in unbelief you condemn yourself.
Pray God then, O unbeliever, that He have mercy, and grant you repentance unto life, and saving faith, that ye may believe unto eternal life.
Amen.
One of the basic principles of communication is to tailor your message to your audience - something this post has failed to do.

It's fairly obvious that atheists who are prepared to join a Christian Forum are the type of people who have thought long and hard about their (lack of) belief. In many cases CF atheists have been on the Forum for decades. In many cases they will be far better informed about Christianity than many Christian members. (As a lifetime non-believer I do not include myself in this)

To expect that a simplistic attempt at sin/guilt 'fire and brimstone' preaching will do anything more than generate wry amusement from a group which has been preached at ad nauseam suggests you need spend a little time understanding your audience.

You will learn a lot more from asking than you will from telling.

Part of loving thy neighbour is in trying to understand his/her point of view.

OB

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
One of the basic principles of communication is to tailor your message to your audience - something this post has failed to do.

It's fairly obvious that atheists who are prepared to join a Christian Forum are the type of people who have thought long and hard about their (lack of) belief. In many cases CF atheists have been on the Forum for decades. In many cases they will be far better informed about Christianity than many Christian members. (As a lifetime non-believer I do not include myself in this)

To expect that a simplistic attempt at sin/guilt 'fire and brimstone' preaching will do anything more than generate wry amusement from a group which has been preached at ad nauseam suggests you need spend a little time understanding your audience.

You will learn a lot more from asking than you will from telling.

Part of loving thy neighbour is in trying to understand his/her point of view.

OB

The Word shall not return void, and the Word deals specifically with sin and conviction of it.

As for unbelief, I can say I once was an unbeliever, though never an atheist. By unbelief I had other spiritual inclinations, and denied Christ. I did not deny He existed, but I denied his deity, I denied hell, and even believed Satan was more powerful during one portion of my younger life.
I then became somewhat of a Deist: believing only that there was some sort of "Great Force" very similar to Star Wars, and that it was impossible to reach this Force unless you died and became a ghost spirit. I thought maybe all the gods and goddesses were beings that tapped into the force, and that the Force did not interact with humans at all - just was too busy keeping the Universe intact.

But then I had nagging questions near 40 years ago now, and Jesus spoke to me, and revealed Himself by the Word of the LORD. The change was immediate, and the complete 180 I did from the life of sex, drugs & rock n roll & the occult was abandoned. The "Great Force" could not do that, nor anything or anyone else.

Part of loving your neighbor is also telling them the truth. I do realize some Atheists have been on this forum for years. I've also had debates in the past with other Atheists, that tend to go down many scientific and philosophical bunny trails, and really nothing ever resolved at the time. So I speak what is true. It is not out of lack of concern for anyone. I'm actually very concerned for anyone who is an unbeliever, whether they believe in nothing but nature, or they believe in some other way that has no atonement for their sins.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,340.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
The Word shall not return void, and the Word deals specifically with sin and conviction of it.

As for unbelief, I can say I once was an unbeliever, though never an atheist. By unbelief I had other spiritual inclinations, and denied Christ. I did not deny He existed, but I denied his deity, I denied hell, and even believed Satan was more powerful during one portion of my younger life.
I then became somewhat of a Deist: believing only that there was some sort of "Great Force" very similar to Star Wars, and that it was impossible to reach this Force unless you died and became a ghost spirit. I thought maybe all the gods and goddesses were beings that tapped into the force, and that the Force did not interact with humans at all - just was too busy keeping the Universe intact.

But then I had nagging questions near 40 years ago now, and Jesus spoke to me, and revealed Himself by the Word of the LORD. The change was immediate, and the complete 180 I did from the life of sex, drugs & rock n roll & the occult was abandoned. The "Great Force" could not do that, nor anything or anyone else.

Part of loving your neighbor is also telling them the truth. I do realize some Atheists have been on this forum for years. I've also had debates in the past with other Atheists, that tend to go down many scientific and philosophical bunny trails, and really nothing ever resolved at the time. So I speak what is true. It is not out of lack of concern for anyone. I'm actually very concerned for anyone who is an unbeliever, whether they believe in nothing but nature, or they believe in some other way that has no atonement for their sins.

Let me keep it simple for you.

Despite your personal experience, you are not to going to convert CF atheists to Christianity by preaching at them.

OB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Let me keep it simple for you.

Despite your personal experience, you are not to going to convert CF atheists to Christianity by preaching at them.

OB

I do not have the capacity by any means to convert anyone. That is a working exclusively of the Holy Spirit, a Grace given by God Himself alone. I can speak and/or write the Word in whatever message I am led, and from there faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. But it is God through Christ that gives the increase, as it is written, one plants, another waters, but God gives the increase.
I would hope and pray that all Atheists and those on other paths that lead away from Salvation would come to behold the Truth in their hearts, acknowledge the Son of God for who He is, and receive Him and the gift of everlasting life.
The Almighty, Yahweh, the LORD of Hosts is the Sovereign one in the affairs of men, and it is He who shall woo one unto Himself, if you or anyone is ordained unto eternal life, for he alone foresees what shall become.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I do not have the capacity by any means to convert anyone. That is a working exclusively of the Holy Spirit, a Grace given by God Himself alone. I can speak and/or write the Word in whatever message I am led, and from there faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. But it is God through Christ that gives the increase, as it is written, one plants, another waters, but God gives the increase.
I would hope and pray that all Atheists and those on other paths that lead away from Salvation would come to behold the Truth in their hearts, acknowledge the Son of God for who He is, and receive Him and the gift of everlasting life.
The Almighty, Yahweh, the LORD of Hosts is the Sovereign one in the affairs of men, and it is He who shall woo one unto Himself, if you or anyone is ordained unto eternal life, for he alone foresees what shall become.
dude, do you talk like this IRL??

"Oh that the Christian would that he could but he won't! Hark! Shall ye heed my call, oh Christian!!"

How insufferable.

Just talk... er.... type... like a normal person.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
dude, do you talk like this IRL??

"Oh that the Christian would that he could but he won't! Hark! Shall ye heed my call, oh Christian!!"

How insufferable.

Just talk... er.... type... like a normal person.

If I'm speaking in Church or Bible study I may. In writing I do often.
It's been said people will put down "King James language" but not Shakespeare, which is much the same.
Then again, I do read books such as this: Printed in 1645. This portion being quite relevant here.

Screenshot 2024-03-09 7.34.54 AM.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
I suspect the poster hit a nerve here. I pray that it go smoothly . :prayer:

Perhaps. I made mention of this in #5 when I wrote "Perhaps you were convicted of your sin"

But Occam's Barber, you mentioned asking questions, which I shall do. Actually I have one for you and one for Tinker Grey.
First, to you, and you probably have been asked this before: What brings a lifelong Atheist to a Christian forum such as this?

To Tinker Grey,
What denomination did you attend, and how exactly does someone go from being Christian to Atheist? (Ok, that's 2 questions):)

By the way, I used to work with an Atheist, though after 4 years and some certain experiences he witnessed he began to believe in something beyond mere nature, and that the spirit of man can transcend death. He passed away in 2015, and I hope he called out to the LORD for Salvation. There was certainly a lot of seed planted and water given. All he needed was the Son to shine in his heart to make it grow.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
and stop seeking every imaginable excuse to deny Him!
This bit does not make sense. To be a Christian or any religious person you have FIND a reason to believe in a creator god. It’s not the default. Otherwise everyone would be born Christian- which they are clearly not.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,032.00
Faith
Atheist
This bit does not make sense. To be a Christian or any religious person you have FIND a reason to believe in a creator god. It’s not the default. Otherwise everyone would be born Christian- which they are clearly not.
And, indeed, one cannot deny a being that one doesn't believe exists. What an atheist denies is the statement "[a] god exists."

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed

I'd still say there are many excuses to deny God. Much of it is rationalization. Someone may not think they're doing it intentionally, or deliberately to mock God, as they don't believe in His existence as Tinker Grey stated.
Still to look at the creation: the stars, the planets, the courses of the waters, the intricacies of our biology, life itself. The tremendous odds AGAINST everything happening by chance or natural selection, which would tend more toward chaos than order: these are evidences of Gods existence.
"Did you know there's an actual probability of your existence? It's infinitesimally small: about 1 in 400 trillion, apparently..

What is the chance that we exist?
1 in 10^2,685,000.
the odds are at least 36,000 to one against any random assemblage of ten components into a meaningful system...
The chance of the “simplest” cell forming randomly has been estimated to have no chance of ever occurring even in hundreds of billions of years..."
and so on.

Even Darwin had at least a vague belief in a Creator, though probably from a Deists point of view.

Ultimately, even if one were to accept all this, the reason must be in the heart as well: That is where faith and knowledge comes in. You must believe. People should believe because the Word say's to, but this is where I've said people find excuses not to believe, and consider the Bible just another book, which it is not. It is the written Word of God, and there is stuff woven into it under the surface, especially in the Hebrew that show it to be true, as well as numerous fulfilled prophecies exactly as they were written hundreds even thousands of years before hand.

Hebrews 11:1-6
"
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
For by it the elders obtained a good report.
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

Upvote 0