Would it be awkward if I date a 23 year old??

wannaberocker

Aug 26, 2012
✟15,078.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you feel you and the 23 year old are on the same level maturity wise, life outlook wise, having things in common etc. You can date whoever you want. There always might be people who say things behind your back. But, you cant let those people dictate who you date. So, I guess as long as you are comfortable with it. Cant see your avatar btw.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From what I can see, you don't look way older than said age. Granted, we can only see your eyes.... Like everyone else has pretty much stated, as long as you and her are both comfortable and certainly on or around (one can be more silly than the other for sake of laughs, for example) the same maturity wave length.

Should be fine.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't know enough about this to make an informed decision...

There's quite a few avatars on this site which don't show when I'm using IE.... I can't seem to figure out why. (Checked flash player, add-on settings, ect.)

They all work on Firefox.

Is there a particular reason you use IE?

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Now don't ask how...

But that's me in my avatar. I am way way older than 23 years old but what if I date a 23 year old, would it look awkward, assuming nobody knows what my real age is?
Does she look 23, or does she look younger than 23?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

James of Arc

Venomous Turtle
Site Supporter
Apr 4, 2016
✟30,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like you are bragging and not really worried about any age difference.

I use to do the same thing. In my 30's I looked pretty good and it was not uncommon for me to date college aged girls. There will come a time in your life to where one evening you will be setting at dinner with her and all of a sudden you will realize that the girl across the table from you is dumber than a rock. She may be smoking hot but you are falling asleep listening to her.

When that happens you are too old for them.

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now don't ask how...

But that's me in my avatar. I am way way older than 23 years old but what if I date a 23 year old, would it look awkward, assuming nobody knows what my real age is?

Yes, it would be awkward.

NOT because of social norms but the fact that you ask points to you not being completely comfortable with it.

Reactions: RayofSun
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,944.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I use to do the same thing. In my 30's I looked pretty good and it was not uncommon for me to date college aged girls. There will come a time in your life to where one evening you will be setting at dinner with her and all of a sudden you will realize that the girl across the table from you is dumber than a rock. She may be smoking hot but you are falling asleep listening to her.

I haven't met her yet but she is apparently doing ministry among the kids(?) in the church.

Someone I know closely knows her and wants to arrange something. She thinks we make great match.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,944.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
From what I can see, you don't look way older than said age. Granted, we can only see your eyes.... Like everyone else has pretty much stated, as long as you and her are both comfortable and certainly on or around (one can be more silly than the other for sake of laughs, for example) the same maturity wave length.

Should be fine.

Most of my friends at present are in their twenties.

You are right.....random people in the restaurant for example won't notice anything strange....

But people like my relatives and old friends, they know my real age.

I have people who get annoyed when they realize how old I am and no longer wanted to be friends with me. But when it comes to someone I might date, I have no problem telling my real age. I have to know if she can accept me for who I am.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You are right.....random people in the restaurant for example won't notice anything strange....

But people like my relatives and old friends, they know my real age.
They're the people who ought to be high-fiving you.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I do not see the age as a major barrier
but what do I know, if I knew what I was talking about I would not still be posting in Singles

but yeah, 35 and 23 is doable. maturity and shared interest would be a bigger factor then age
but hey, remember, I have no idea what I am talking about :)

best of luck to both of you

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I do not see the age as a major barrier
but what do I know, if I knew what I was talking about I would not still be posting in Singles

but yeah, 35 and 23 is doable. maturity and shared interest would be a bigger factor then age
but hey, remember, I have no idea what I am talking about :)

best of luck to both of you

Yeah, I'd be fine with a 25 something age chick when I'm 35.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0