So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If a candidate for POTUS ever talks publically about his Christian faith (I mean in a way that lets everyone know he actually believes in it) the media launches a vicious smear campaign against him. And the next thing you know, he's out of the running.
That must explain all those non-Christian Presidents of the last 200 years!

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
260_pio_XII.png

Pope Pius XII (1939-58)

"Let all remember that the flood of evil and disaster that has over-taken the world in past years was due chiefly to the fact that the divine religion of Jesus Christ, that provider of mutual charity among citizens, peoples and nations, did not govern, as it should, private, domestic and public life." - Optatissima Pax (December 18, 1947)
1947, huh? Well obviously the flood of evil and disaster he's talking about is the rise of secular acceptance of homosexuality.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
perspective is realizing that this is just one thread out of many on the forum.
count it--just one thread.

there are many other subjects, all with active threads in OBOB.
we ARE doing the reaching out, the edifying, the teaching.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
That must explain all those non-Christian Presidents of the last 200 years!
well we could start with Jefferson......(he was a Diest, BTW)

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟686,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you think about, it is actually straights that are one of the big reasons why same sex couples are allowed civil marriage in several countries, and why gay rights is a thing. Im sure you are aware that the LGBT are a minority. However one of the big reasons for the increasing of gays getting certain rights, is that there is a strong backing from non-gays. In reality, you will find more non-LGBT people who support gay rights, then you would find LGBT people supporting said rights. Of course those that are very anti-gay, and fought to keep away legal rights from them (and also the cruelty done towards people, simply because they are gay), helped to fuel straight sympathy for the gay rights movement. In other words, you can't single out the gays for being the fault for why homosexual activity has become not evil in the eyes of many, and has become more "normal" to see.
As much as I hate admitting that, you're right. :(

Upvote 0

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I swear, homosexuality seems to be a complete obsession on
CF. A reader could think that was the only topic to discuss within Christianity.

Because it's always in our faces. I'll admit I am worried and not just a bit frightened that because of this sin Christians will die in numbers not seen since the Ancient Roman persecutions, not for myself but for others. I do believe in this that the liberals are the mouth piece for the enemy and he is on the prowl. I miss the days when sanity ruled the day now America and other societies celebrate mental disorders and call it normal.

I have this instinct, feeling, whatever one wants to call it Christians who are orthodox and conservative will have to be in hiding within a few short years. Right now it is the only topic because the stakes are very, very high

Upvote 0

Leevo

Feb 18, 2015
Tennessee
✟28,954.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
1947, huh? Well obviously the flood of evil and disaster he's talking about is the rise of secular acceptance of homosexuality.

He may not have been talking about that specifically, but does the principle of the statement not still apply?

Upvote 0

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here we go with the liberal thing again. Do you really think the teachings of the RCC can be changed?

I know this wasn't to me I do want to answer it though. I use to be very sure they could not change, now with all going on and liberals trying to take over I am not so sure that they will not be changed at some future time. My trust in the idea that they can't change is very shaky. I hope no one hates me for saying this :(

Reactions: Leevo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
He may not have been talking about that specifically, but does the principle of the statement not still apply?
Well, only if you can think of any genocidal exterminations occurring at the moment, as well as the wholesale mechanised military destruction of an entire continent. But if you can, then sure it still applies!

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,761,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Topcare-

Thank for your courtesy speaking to me. I do not understand the concern though. Jesus promised. Promised... That the gates of hell will not prevail against the Church. The RCC also claims she is protected from error on all her teachings. She also claims those teachings cannot change. So of that is the case, what is it we are fearing? It is not possible. Unless the Church is false and not the Church she claims she is.

We can get into new understandings of Church doctrine as the RCC is known to do. But I'm not sure how they could finagle it without appearing to be speaking out of both sides of their mouths.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
perspective is realizing that this is just one thread out of many on the forum.
count it--just one thread.

there are many other subjects, all with active threads in OBOB.
we ARE doing the reaching out, the edifying, the teaching.
And the thread wasn't about homosexuality, but the Church under Francis. There many confused folks out there coming to us to talk them off the ledge. The libs, the media has done a number on us, trying to make it look like Francis is going to change what he cannot.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I know this wasn't to me I do want to answer it though. I use to be very sure they could not change, now with all going on and liberals trying to take over I am not so sure that they will not be changed at some future time. My trust in the idea that they can't change is very shaky. I hope no one hates me for saying this :(

they will try, no doubt about that. just as they will try to deceive the faithful (IF it were possible)
and those 4 words...If it were possible.. are the key.

Jesus says there will be a remnant of the faithful, so just hang on to what you believe.

Reactions: benedictaoo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Topcare-

Thank for your courtesy speaking to me. I do not understand the concern though. Jesus promised. Promised... That the gates of hell will not prevail against the Church. The RCC also claims she is protected from error on all her teachings. She also claims those teachings cannot change. So of that is the case, what is it we are fearing? It is not possible. Unless the Church is false and not the Church she claims she is.

We can get into new understandings of Church doctrine as the RCC is known to do. But I'm not sure how they could finagle it without appearing to be speaking out of both sides of their mouths.
But there's a whole lot out there who is advertising the Church is changing. This will be a topic of discussion for awhile in the wake of the Pope's visit.

Reactions: Leevo
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,761,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah but it is not true in the way of doctrine is it.
But there's a whole lot out there who is advertising the Church is changing. This will be a topic of discussion for awhile in the wake of the Pope's visit.

Upvote 0

Leevo

Feb 18, 2015
Tennessee
✟28,954.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, only if you can think of any genocidal exterminations occurring at the moment, as well as the wholesale mechanised military destruction of an entire continent. But if you can, then sure it still applies!

Seriously dude? The principle, that evil is abound in the world and the church could do a better job stopping it, does not apply unless there is mass murder and the destruction of an entire continent at hand?

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Because it's always in our faces. I'll admit I am worried and not just a bit frightened that because of this sin Christians will die in numbers not seen since the Ancient Roman persecutions, not for myself but for others. I do believe in this that the liberals are the mouth piece for the enemy and he is on the prowl. I miss the days when sanity ruled the day now America and other societies celebrate mental disorders and call it normal.

I have this instinct, feeling, whatever one wants to call it Christians who are orthodox and conservative will have to be in hiding within a few short years. Right now it is the only topic because the stakes are very, very high
Remember Benedict's homily after his election? The Church will be smaller but purer. Its been said for a number of years that in the end times the Church will go underground. I do think there will be a great apostasy. I don't know...I'm no prophet.

Upvote 0