✟27,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Jared-
I could not agree more. You put it better than I ever could and that was basically my point. We can get so zealous in the arguments as displayed here about witness. The media giving a false one basically concerning homosexuality and then we turn around and eat our own? Seriously, that is why I said tunnel vision is never healthy. We have to be more balanced imo and I think that is one of the reasons for the slow down. We are ignoring an awful lots by focusing on just certain things and ignoring the big picture. Thanks for popping in Jared. I hope you are feeling better today. :)

Thanks Michie, I'm feeling OK. Just stupid side effects. :confused: I'm on a couple things right now, but that's a long story for another day.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks Michie, I'm feeling OK. Just stupid side effects. :confused: I'm on a couple things right now, but that's a long story for another day.
Yeah meds can do that. I hope it is nothing serious. Prayers for your recovery.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
This thread is all over the place. One second, the Church is protected and the other second it's up on the air. I'm not impressed. Glad the OP got the info he needed before it went off the rails.

that's the thing about the end times. it takes some study, because the information is there..but it's in little pieces here and there like the puzzle that it is.
obviously writing things down like this was done on purpose, so that the information would be both protected and preserved,
yet able to be understood when it was needed.

so many times in OBOB we've likened this to seeing something far off at first, and then it is seen in more detail when up close.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So are you still angry with me? Honestly, I do not know what the issue was yesterday but I apologize for any offense I caused. I do not want to lose you as a friend. I'm just one of those people that disagree at times but that does not mean I'm attacking you. Please forgive me for any misunderstandings.
that's the thing about the end times. it takes some study, because the information is there..but it's in little pieces here and there like the puzzle that it is.
obviously writing things down like this was done on purpose, so that the information would be both protected and preserved,
yet able to be understood when it was needed.

so many times in OBOB we've likened this to seeing something far off at first, and then it is seen in more detail when up close.

Upvote 0

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This thread is all over the place. One second, the Church is protected and the other second it's up on the air. I'm not impressed. Glad the OP got the info he needed before it went off the rails.

I am not trying to be bad. :cry:Even though I left the Catholic Church I had a lot of faith in her but recent events have shaken that to it's core and I don't know what to think anymore. I use to think that Catholicism was a rock but I am very unsure now.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Your hostility is noted. I disagree. The activity here has dropped. David has even mentioned it among others. It's no wonder when people selectively read posts and start attacking. Great witness. Who wouldn't want to hang out? lol!

the activity has dropped as compared to years ago, i would agree.
many of the people who used to post here years ago are gone for their own reasons.
i miss them too. but we can't be always looking back with fondness.

today is God's gift to us, and we have to use it to the best of our ability.
the thread may have wandered, but in the process information--good information--
has been put forth. and some day maybe someone will have need of it.

Reactions: seekingsolace
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You aren't alone. Maybe we should start a thread. I feel bad discussing it here as the OP just returned back to the RCC.

I am not trying to be bad. Even though I left the Catholic Church I had a lot of faith in her but recent events have shaken that to it's core and I don't know what to think anymore. I use to think that Catholicism was a rock but I am very unsure now.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
So are you still angry with me? Honestly, I do not know what the issue was yesterday but I apologize for any offense I caused. I do not want to lose you as a friend. I'm just one of those people that disagree at times but that does not mean I'm attacking you. Please forgive me for any misunderstandings.

i have never been angry with you, you have never attacked me, nor offended me.
I am always your friend.

right now you are under pressure from outside of OBOB. we understand that.
you're also in mourning--i really understand that!
combining those two things and dealing with OBOB at the same time, it's
understandable that your frustration levels would be more critical now than they usually are.

and that's ok.:hug:

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for understanding. *hug*

i have never been angry with you, you have never attacked me, nor offended me.
I am always your friend.

right now you are under pressure from outside of OBOB. we understand that.
you're also in mourning--i really understand that!
combining those two things and dealing with OBOB at the same time, it's
understandable that your frustration levels would be more critical now than they usually are.

and that's ok.:hug:

Upvote 0

Leevo

Feb 18, 2015
Tennessee
✟28,954.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You aren't alone. Maybe we should start a thread. I feel bad discussing it here as the OP just returned back to the RCC.

It's quite alright! If you do start the thread, I might chime in here and there about what caused me to return. Might give me a different outlook on some things too!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please do! :)
It's quite alright! If you do start the thread, I might chime in here and there about what caused me to return. Might give me a different outlook on some things too!

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is an interesting perspective.
I used to think that the "wars and rumors of wars" that Jesus said would come were about WWI, WWII, and the Cold War, but I now believe that it's about the battles we've been seeing in recent years within the Church.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think the Pope's might be onto something in regards to Western culture. Every year Western culture becomes more secular and increasingly immoral. Turn on any pop station, and 9 out of 10 songs will be about sexual intercourse. Watch any modern television show and you will be treated to scenes of drug use, violence, promiscuity and discrimination. Members of parliamentary bodies across the Western World craft laws that harm religion and promote secularism. The West also has many virtuous traits, but these have become increasingly hidden in recent years.

The East might have a lot of poverty, violence and despotism...but at least a culture of life still exists in most places.
Mother Theresa said:
“The spiritual poverty of the Western World is much greater than the physical poverty of our people,”

“You, in the West, have millions of people who suffer such terrible loneliness and emptiness. They feel unloved and unwanted. These people are not hungry in the physical sense, but they are in another way. They know they need something more than money, yet they don’t know what it is.

“What they are missing, really, is a living relationship with God.”

“The greatest disease in the West today is not TB or leprosy; it is being unwanted, unloved, and uncared for. We can cure physical diseases with medicine, but the only cure for loneliness, despair, and hopelessness is love. There are many in the world who are dying for a piece of bread but there are many more dying for a little love. The poverty in the West is a different kind of poverty -- it is not only a poverty of loneliness but also of spirituality. There's a hunger for love, as there is a hunger for God.”

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0