Senior Veteran
Apr 11, 2005
✟5,083.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I completely agree that both men and women need to declare that violent behavior is wrong in a relationship, and to also fight the negative stereotypes of male and female behavior in society in general. The whole notion that men are are supposed to be unemotional, always strong, aggressive cavemen, and that women are traditionally called "the weaker sex", is limiting and should be put to rest. These beliefs have changed over the years, thanks to the emancipation of women. It's interesting how anti-feminists have contradictory viewpoints, that women are naturally inferior physically and mentally and should know their place, and at the same time, that due to feminism, women are turning into these killer amazons.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
My friend's wife attacked him with a knife and he was able to restrain her until the cops showed up...and guess what? She had bruises on her arms from where he was holding her, so HE went to jail. That kinda skews the statistics just a bit, doesn't it? ; )

Upvote 0

Yitzchak

יצחק
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟26,333.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think that one needs to seperate abuse into levels of severity. My sister-in-law was beat with a baseball bat resulting in broken bones and a near death experience. She also had a loaded gun put in her mouth and was theatened by the same man who was the father of her child. To my thinking that is a different level of abuse than throwing a ball at someone or slapping them. I have no idea how the courts handle such distinctions.

My ex once slapped me in a fit of anger during an arguement. But we were married for 15 years and it only happened once. of course I didn't report it. Not so much out of embarrassment or some emotional concern for her. I just didn't consider it abuse. I catagorized it as she lost her temper. There was no injury to speak of. Now if she would have taken a baseball bat and broken some bones or tryed to stab me with a knife , theat would have been different.

I think that the U.S. has gone overboard with the whole abuse thing. Many things that I hear of defined as abuse are simply an arguement or someone losing their temper. When I think of abuse, I think of a pattern of behavior or someone attacking someone with the intent of injury. Do we really need to jail women for slapping their boyfriend in the face??? Let's save our righteous anger for those who really deserve it like my sister-in-law's husband.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
christalee4 said:
What is the proof that your anecdote skews the statistics? ;)
Weeell, I didn't say it was "proof" but think about it. Instead of that being logged in the criminal records database as an assault *against* a man, it's listed as being against a woman. Now if this happens with any sort of frequency...well, you get the picture. = ) And how could you expect anyone to gather "proof" of this sort of thing when the system is stacked against men? I can't give any details, but something similar also happened to me once, so I do have firsthand knowledge.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
419gam said:
Less on the topic of abuse, and more on the thread title, of course women can be more physically agressive then men. Hasn't anyone ever seen a girls soccer match? They are so physical in comparison to boys the same age its insane.
Or has anyone had the misfortune of crossing female gang members? The ones in my high school were *way* more feared that the male ones. It was a well known fact that if you messed with the "Latin Queens" aka LQ you would be in a world of hurt. I never even so much as gave any of them a sideways look! I knew what was good for me. = ) Also, as I recall, fights involving girls gang related or not always tended to be way more brutal that fights among guys. I always wondered about that. Hmmmm...

Upvote 0

SpaceProg

Renegade Time Lord
Jan 27, 2004
Here and there. Mostly there.
✟10,195.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Politics
US-Others
Oh yeah, that reminds me of a story from back in high school. One of the teachers tried to break up two girls fighting and he came away with a couple of broken ribs, a black eye, and several contusions. He looked like he'd been in a bar room brawl.

He said that he'd never break up two girls fighting again. He much preferred breaking up boys.

Try to break up two girls and you're automatically in the fight, it seems. :p

Upvote 0

Kristi1

His Daughter
May 11, 2004
Oregon
Visit site
✟20,248.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
dittomonkey911 said:
http://www.csulb.edu/~mfiebert/assault.htm

SUMMARY: This bibliography examines 166 scholarly investigations: 132 empirical studies and 34 reviews and/or analyses, which demonstrate that women are as physically aggressive, or more aggressive, than men in their relationships with their spouses or male partners. The aggregate sample size in the reviewed studies exceeds 152,500.

-------------------------------

How come feminist propaganda never mentions this?

and your Point is!? :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Rochir said:
Aaaah, the good olde days when women were women and men could beat them and be proud of it!

[/sarcasm]

Is that what you think anyone here is saying? How bout a new day where violence from either sex is viewed as completely unacceptable?

Upvote 0