God Return To And Bless America
Mar 10, 2016
Tokyo
✟11,034.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You know what's really comical about this? The horse probably thought the slap was her way of showing affection... I guarantee you, there is no way any normal human can open-hand slap a horse and hurt it... And trained horses won't flinch from a fast moving object.

When I was an early teenager, I had a deal with a local horse trainer about 5 miles up the road from us.. I clean stalls and feed the horses every weekend, I then get to ride the horses whenever I wanted.
Most guys when they're 15 or 16 have no idea how to get a girl.. but it didn't take me long to figure out that having access to horses would make me a chick magnet. (yes, it worked well)..

The horses I learned to ride and care for are called "Arabians" and the cheap one's started out at $15,000 back then.

I used a 2x4 like a baseball bat on a horse one time because it cornered me and tried to put me down.. That horse barely even cared when I hit it... I swung that wood as hard as I could and the horse barely paid any attention at all..

Horses are tough animals.. Slapping one in the face?? LOL.. I have to wonder if the horse even felt it.

Yeah, about that, no the horse didn't like it. Never hit a horse in the face or on the nose. They can become head shy.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I was at Bonaroo years ago. They had brought Mounties for security. Canadian horses in the Tennessee spring. My friend had set up an "illegal" vending booth. On the last day a Mountie approaches, uh oh! No problem, her horse just start lapping at the ice water in the big cooler of drinks he was selling. Happy horse, happy Mountie!

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I was at Bonaroo years ago. They had brought Mounties for security. Canadian horses in the Tennessee spring. My friend had set up an "illegal" vending booth. On the last day a Mountie approaches, uh oh! No problem, her horse just start lapping at the ice water in the big cooler of drinks he was selling. Happy horse, happy Mountie!
The Mounties always catch the bad guys..............

Upvote 0

Tiny Bible

All Lives Matter. Pray BLM Learn That.
Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Let's not forget what would be next. If the officer is thrown and the horse bolts several people could have been seriously injured. Horses are powerful animals.
Sure. That's probably why the penalty is so high for assaulting a police horse.

I just can't imagine what she was thinking. And also, if she'll strike a horse it isn't beyond the possibility she would attempt to strike a different police officer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,545.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I'm sure if the horse would've spooked and trampled her, the other protesters would've just considered it "police brutality"

Could be. I've twice been present when a horse spooked, reared, through the rider and then presented a significant danger.

The first I strongly suspect was because the horse was stung. It was a normally gentle horse and the only horse my sister ever owned who actually liked me. Problem is she bolted and the only place to go was into a gap between a stall and a wash rack, exactly where I was. Fortunately there was enough space between rails I was able to dive through instead of getting trampled.

The other involved a pretty good rider, Richard Saukko. He was the rider of Traveler, the USC mascot, for 28 years. The way the coliseum was setup he would start in the tunnel at the Southwest corner and first appear at full speed and cover about 3/4 of the track getting to the student section on the North side of the stadium. One game they had a special halftime extravaganza, a birthday party for Traveler II. Problem is it was so big the horse got over excited, threw Richard and bolted back the way he came. Problem was that Saukko's foot got hung up in the stirrup and he was dragged until he was out of sight. He was a pretty tough guy, he did later make a short appearance on Traveler II that evening. Over 70,000 people saw that disaster live, and far more on TV.

I wonder just how many would eventually view the footage of this incident if the horse had bolted.

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
And police horses and dogs are often legally considered police officers, sometimes holding actual rank.

I don't know of any US state where that's ever been the case. It is a federal crime, though, through the Federal Law Enforcement Animal Protection Act.

ETA: Ack, no, that only applies to animals that are a part of the federal law enforcement arms. State laws still cover the other animals.

Last edited:
Upvote 0