Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Take the period out of HTTP.S and it should work. I can get to it through any other means except linking it from this site for some reason. It does exist.
Maybe this will work:
No synopsis for this 49 minute video?
(Lemme guess, “Big Science is in cahoots to trick governments to spend money?”, am I close?)

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
(Lemme guess, “Big Science is in cahoots to trick governments to spend money?”, am I close?)
I've spent a lot of time since 2005 reading a lot of articles and watching a lot of videos - from both sides. It's why I come down on the issue where I do. You may also not know this, but I got rid of television in my home back in 1997. The MSM lost its grip on my mind at that time. I avail myself to lots of diverse sources of info. Interestingly, the truth always seems to percolate to the top. FWIW, I also never trust any source that had to pay a settlement to Nick Sandmann.;)

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I've spent a lot of time since 2005 reading a lot of articles and watching a lot of videos - from both sides. It's why I come down on the issue where I do. You may also not know this, but I got rid of television in my home back in 1997. The MSM lost its grip on my mind at that time. I avail myself to lots of diverse sources of info. Interestingly, the truth always seems to percolate to the top. FWIW, I also never trust any source that had to pay a settlement to Nick Sandmann.;)
I will occasionally tune in network news.

(Tangent: can we BAN pharmaceutical commercials, PLEASE!?)

We need media folks interested in the public-good rather than keeping the shareholders happy.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm not aware of any source that had to pay a settlement to Nick Sandmann. There were a couple of media outlets that decided to settle but most legal opinions I've read they were settled as nuisance suits, that they paid Sandmann less than what they would to pay their lawyers if they took it too trial. Instead, Sandmann lost all the cases that were actually tried.

Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟108,680.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well I can give you the opinion of Andrew Dessler, a Texas A&M professor and director of the Texas Center for Climate Studies on Christy and his arguments. To quote: "Their arguements are s***."
Seems to be a good amount of attributing some things only on one thing while ignoring the effect of other advances (comes up specifically in his arguements on crops), a bit of lying with statistics in his attempts to claim climate change models haven't been accurate (using his own data instead of ground temp measurements, use of averages instead of medians, etc.).

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will occasionally tune in network news.

(Tangent: can we BAN pharmaceutical commercials, PLEASE!?)

We need media folks interested in the public-good rather than keeping the shareholders happy.
I agree with your last sentence, but that really just speaks to human nature. For me, one of the most untrustworthy sources is one I used to listen to every day on my 1.5 hour morning commute. Many argue that they are there for the "public good", but they ended up eventually being nothing but comic relief to me. This is because I already knew more about many of their stories than they were sharing in their broadcast and they were applying a laughable left wing bent.

Of course I'm talking about NPR. I'm retired now so I never hear them any more.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Because of the thread title I imagined whales and dolphins jumping into the turbine blades and getting chopped into slabs. Thanks for the laugh.
I can smell that image. Eww.

Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums