Will Sunday worship be the downfall of many Christians.

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
This lunar Sabbath crap is Satans latest attempt at discrediting the seventh day Sabbath. Those that would be lured into believing this are fools indeed...

And the plain fact is - per my earlier question of being stranded on an island having lost track of what day it is -

You'd never know if you were keeping the true Sabbath, which is of great importance to you.

Upvote 0

Pythons

Feb 17, 2008
✟5,503.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And the plain fact is - per my earlier question of being stranded on an island having lost track of what day it is -

You'd never know if you were keeping the true Sabbath, which is of great importance to you.

I just thought of something - perhaps what's more important is other people knowing...
...That they are keeping the Sabbath.

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
I just thought of something - perhaps what's more important is other people knowing...
...That they are keeping the Sabbath.

This issue will split the church, not just the SDA and other Saturday keepers - but all Christendom. I'm sure of it.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

It's of great importance to God, otherwise He wouldn't have mentioned it... therefore, it is of great importance to me.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This issue will split the church, not just the SDA and other Saturday keepers - but all Christendom. I'm sure of it.

You probably don't fully realize the truth you have just spoken.... the Sabbath verses Sunday issue will be the dividing line of loyalty in the very near future.

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
You probably don't fully realize the truth you have just spoken.... the Sabbath verses Sunday issue will be the dividing line of loyalty in the very near future.

Just out of curiousity - do SDA's have to gloss over Scriptures such as this one?

Isaiah 66:23

And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

And I'm not being facetious when I ask. I've learned a great deal from SDA teachings for which I am grateful - but when I hear this passage being quoted - it's almost as if "new moon" doesn't exist or is spiritualised away. Same goes for the Ezekiel passages as well as elsewhere in Scripture that mention new moons.

Btw - I don't think the real fight will be between Saturn's day and Sun's day - but the Sabbath as it is revealed in Scripture as opposed to the assumed one.

Upvote 0

JohnMarsten

Jul 18, 2011
✟9,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just out of curiousity - do SDA's have to gloss over Scriptures such as this one?

Isaiah 66:23

And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

And I'm not being facetious when I ask. I've learned a great deal from SDA teachings for which I am grateful - but when I hear this passage being quoted - it's almost as if "new moon" doesn't exist or is spiritualised away. Same goes for the Ezekiel passages as well as elsewhere in Scripture that mention new moons.

Btw - I don't think the real fight will be between Saturn's day and Sun's day - but the Sabbath as it is revealed in Scripture as opposed to the assumed one.

there was a thread of its own regarding the new moons recently...

since EGW didnt have a vision on that no new moons for now

Upvote 0

Pythons

Feb 17, 2008
✟5,503.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
there was a thread of its own regarding the new moons recently...

since EGW didnt have a vision on that no new moons for now

She actually did, she claimed Christ died in 31 A.D. at the Passover on the 6th day of the week....
....The Passover in 31 A.D. didn't have a Friday, Sat and Sun combination.

The 2300 day / year prophetic schema requires a 31 A.D. date for the death of Christ....
...It also requires, in addition to being 31 A.D., that it be the 6th day of the week followed by a Sabbath.
...It also requires that it be a Jewish Passover.

Because the Gregorian calendar can be reversed and compared with lunar tables...
...It is 100 % factual that a Passover Fri, Sat, Sun did not exist in 31 A.D.
...It's not even close - however you can use 31 A.D. with a luni / solar calendar.

See the importance now.

Upvote 0

JohnMarsten

Jul 18, 2011
✟9,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok, I am officially annoyed at Pythons, who could not seem to find a smaller graphic making this page ginormously wide. :D

The covenant is perpetual.

The verses you quote do not state that 7 day weekly cycle is perpetual.

That is to say - yes, there are six work days - and a Sabbath

And there is another day called "New Moon" - that is neither a *regular* work (buy and sell) day nor a Sabbath. This is exemplified in passages like Ezekiel 46:1

1 ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “The gateway of the inner court that faces toward the east shall be shut the six working days; but on the Sabbath it shall be opened, and on the day of the New Moon it shall be opened.

The day of the "New Moon", as this passage exemplifies - is neither one of the 6 regular working days nor is it the Sabbath.

Here again we see a distinction between "New Moon" and Sabbath"

Amos 8:4-6

4Hear this, O ye that swallow up the needy, even to make the poor of the land to fail, 5Saying, When will the new moon be gone, that we may sell corn? and the sabbath, that we may set forth wheat, making the ephah small, and the shekel great, and falsifying the balances by deceit?
6That we may buy the poor for silver, and the needy for a pair of shoes; yea, and sell the refuse of the wheat?

Plain fact - the seven day continuous weekly cycle does not take into account the New Moon and it's significance as part of the time keeping process.

Genesis: 1:14

14And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Clearly, the moon plays a role as a sign for signs, seasons, days and years - as does the sun.

the word perpetual doesnt mean its gonna last forever but for a time only, it stresses the regularity not the infinitenesss

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
the word perpetual doesnt mean its gonna last forever but for a time only, it stresses the regularity not the infinitenesss

True, and the length of time is typically determined by the one who establishes it. It can be either finite, or infinite, depending on the situation.

Upvote 0

Thunder 88

Jan 5, 2012
Astral Plane
✟15,180.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm convinced that there is no such thing as a lunar sabbath in the eyes of God. He commanded us to work 6 days, and rest on the 7th.

Had he wanted a lunar sabbath, an explanation would have been provided. The only explanation provided is that he created in 6 days, and rested on the 7th, making it holy.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

You might want to consult a dictionary before you make such bold statements. I posted the dictionary meaning for you already but incase you missed it here it is again...

per·pet·u·al /pərˈpɛtʃ
thinsp.png
u
thinsp.png
əl
/ [per-pech-oo-uh
thinsp.png
l]
adjective

1. continuing or enduring forever; everlasting.

2. lasting an indefinitely long time: perpetual snow.

3. continuing or continued without intermission or interruption; ceaseless: a perpetual stream of visitors all day.

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian

I disagree. The Sabbath is a perpetual (and by that I mean never ending) covenant.

The difference between what I believe and SDA as well as anyone else who holds that "Saturn's day" is the Sabbath is:

How the Sabbath is calculated or determined.

To Saturday keepers, or even Sunday keepers who insist Sunday is the "first day of the week"

- they pay no attention to God's creation in calculating this - only a Calendar devised by a pope.

This is why I posted the question of being shipwrecked and having lost track of what day it is. There is simply no way for them to know using the present calender.

I'll go further and say anyone who holds to the continually cycling 7 day week ignores Genesis 1:14 - where I AM specifically states that both the moon and sun are signs for "seasons, days and years".

For on a continuously cycling 7 day cycle - as we can see on our Popeish Gregorian Calendar - the moon plays absolutely no role in time keeping - new and full moons fall all over the place.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Thunder 88

Jan 5, 2012
Astral Plane
✟15,180.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I disagree. The Sabbath is a perpetual (and by that I mean never ending) covenant.

The difference between what I believe and SDA as well as anyone else who holds that "Saturn's day" is the Sabbath is:

To Saturday keepers, or even Sunday keepers who insist Sunday is the "first day of the week"

- they pay no attention to God's creation in calculating this - only a Calendar devised by a pope.

This is why I posted the question of being shipwrecked and having lost track of what day it is. There is simply no way for them to know using the present calender.

I'll go further and say anyone who holds to the continually cycling 7 day week ignores Genesis 1:14 - where I AM specifically states that both the moon and sun are signs for "seasons, days and years".

For on a continuously cycling 7 day cycle - as we can see on our Popeish Gregorian Calendar - the moon plays absolutely no role in time keeping - new and full moons fall all over the place.

From what I understand from a lot of research lately is that the Sabbath has been observed since Moses. This day correlates to Saturday.

The Romans in fact even started wars with Jews on their "Saturn's day" because they knew that the Jews rested on this day (Shabbat) quite seriously.

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
From what I understand from a lot of research lately is that the Sabbath has been observed since Moses. This day correlates to Saturday.

The Romans in fact even started wars with Jews on their "Saturn's day" because they knew that the Jews rested on this day (Shabbat) quite seriously.

Lamentations 2:6

And he hath violently taken away his tabernacle, as if it were of a garden: he hath destroyed his places of the assembly: the LORD hath caused the solemn feasts and sabbaths to be forgotten in Zion, and hath despised in the indignation of his anger the king and the priest.

Clearly, in times of Apostasy the Almighty made Israel forget the solemn feasts and sabbaths. The statement that the Jews have continually observed God's sabbath doesn't hold up.

And again:

Hosea 4:6

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

We see they have forgotten the law of God.

Ezekiel 23:36-

36The LORD said moreover unto me; Son of man, wilt thou judge Aholah and Aholibah? yea, declare unto them their abominations; 37That they have committed adultery, and blood is in their hands, and with their idols have they committed adultery, and have also caused their sons, whom they bare unto me, to pass for them through the fire, to devour them.
38Moreover this they have done unto me: they have defiled my sanctuary in the same day, and have profaned my sabbaths.

Profaned Strongs H2490:

1) to profane, defile, pollute, desecrate, begin
a) (Niphal)
1) to profane oneself, defile oneself, pollute oneself
a) ritually
b) sexually
2) to be polluted, be defiled
b) (Piel)
1) to profane, make common, defile, pollute
2) to violate the honour of, dishonour
3) to violate (a covenant)
4) to treat as common

The belief that the Jews have kept the correct Sabbath since Moses is an assumption that Scripture itself does not support.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Did you check out that video I posted about the Eskimo Prophet? I believe his name was mentioned here. Either way, he would put up a pole with an animals skin on it every seven days and told the people that on that day the were suppose to rest. This instruction was given to him by God.

Upvote 0

JohnMarsten

Jul 18, 2011
✟9,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You might want to consult a dictionary before you make such bold statements. I posted the dictionary meaning for you already but incase you missed it here it is again...

[/color][/font][/i]

I was just using common sense here... you had better check your bible looking up verses with perpetual, forever and stuff in regard to contexts that are long gone...

God bless

Upvote 0

JohnMarsten

Jul 18, 2011
✟9,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

[/color][/font][/i]

found this on the net so you dont need to check your bible

Circumcision “everlasting pact” (Genesis 17:13), Passover “perpetual institution” (Exodus 12:14), Feast of Unleavened Bread ”perpetual institution” (Exodus 12:17), Aaronite priesthood “perpetual law” (Exodus 29:9), offering to priests “perpetual ordinance” (Exodus 29:28; Leviticus 7:34-36), burnt offering “throughout your generations” (Exodus 29:42), burning of incense “perpetual” (Exodus 30:8), sin offering “throughout you generations” (Exodus 30:10), priestly washing “perpetual ordinance” (Exodus 30:21), anointing oil “throughout your generations” (Exodus 30:31), 7th day Sabbath “perpetual covenant” (Exodus 31:16-17), fire for burn offering “throughout your generations” (Leviticus 6:6), grain offering “perpetual ordinance” (Leviticus 6:15)also “perpetual statute” (Leviticus 23:14), Yom Kipper feasting “everlasting ordinance” (Leviticus 16:29), Pentecost “perpetual statute” (Leviticus 23:21), Day of Atonement “perpetual statute” (Leviticus 23:31), Feasts of Booths “perpetual statute” (Leviticus 23:41), sanctuary lights “perpetual statute” (Leviticus 24:3), Showbread “everlasting agreement” (Leviticus 24:8), secondary offerings “throughout your generations” (Numbers 15:21), Levitical service at the tabernacle “perpetual ordinance” (Numbers 18:23).

So, are we gonna argue what the word perpetual might actually mean?

Upvote 0