Will Sunday worship be the downfall of many Christians.

Contented

Aug 1, 2011
Barbados
✟15,773.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Christians will be killed for the name of Jesus. In the bible during Apostolic times, the Jews persecuted the Christians telling the Apostles not to preach in his name. The Sabbath was instituted by God, but remember, the Jews knew about the Sabbath and kept it, but they did not KNOW Jesus, they believe he was a pretender. I think the Sunday Law is misleading. Christianity is about A PERSON, AND THAT PERSON IS JESUS. When persecution starts it will be for those who acknowledge Jesus as Lord.
(Acts 5:28)

Reactions: ChrisCarol
Upvote 0

ChrisCarol

Jan 21, 2006
✟15,552.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Christians will be killed for the name of Jesus. In the bible during Apostolic times, the Jews persecuted the Christians telling the Apostles not to preach in his name. The Sabbath was instituted by God, but remember, the Jews knew about the Sabbath and kept it, but they did not KNOW Jesus, they believe he was a pretender. I think the Sunday Law is misleading. Christianity is about A PERSON, AND THAT PERSON IS JESUS. When persecution starts it will be for those who acknowledge Jesus as Lord.

Amen

And isn't it ironic that The Name of Jesus is Savior.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

The Jews distorted the purity of the sabbath, which is why they accused Christ of not keeping it. The Jews were also looking for an earthly king, which is why they missed out on Christ. It wasn't that they didn't know it was Him, they blinded themselves to the truth because He wasn't what they wanted Him to be.

Nothing misleading about a sunday law either. But time will make that clear.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟418,416.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thats why the realization of the Sabbath truth will be part of the end times. People will realize like my friends who were Catholic, that Sunday worship is not from God, and all the talk of tradition and church authority and infallibility in what they declare and do was just a sham. When that hits, it puts you in a world of hurt, that what you were following was not of God but another power....

Upvote 0

Pythons

Feb 17, 2008
✟5,503.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thats why the realization of the Sabbath truth will be part of the end times. People will realize like my friends who were Catholic, that Sunday worship is not from God, and all the talk of tradition and church authority and infallibility in what they declare and do was just a sham. When that hits, it puts you in a world of hurt, that what you were following was not of God but another power....

Which day will the Christians in "Samoa" be required to observe to avoid the Sunday Beast Marking?
...Given that the actual day has been 'moved', again.

Today Did Not Exist for Some Adventists | Spectrum Magazine

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟418,416.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Check your calender, God knows where you are at....:)

If you were stranded on a desert Island, having been in a violent storm and having lost track of what day of the week it is - how do you keep Sabbath since you don't know what day it is?

The answer to that - I believe - can be found in the Word - and certain observation of heavenly bodies that God said were signs...

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So the Govt can determine what day the Sabbath will be on...
...If the Govt controls the calendar then.
...I appreciate you making my point.

Something tells me your church wouldn't let the government mess with Saturday. To do that means they'd have to mess with Sunday, and we all know that can't happen :p

Upvote 0

Pythons

Feb 17, 2008
✟5,503.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Something tells me your church wouldn't let the government mess with Saturday. To do that means they'd have to mess with Sunday, and we all know that can't happen :p

Did the Catholic Church mess with the moving of the International date line in the 1800's?
...Did it throw a fit when it was moved again just recently?
...Sunday 'moved'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Did the Catholic Church mess with the moving of the International date line in the 1800's?
...Did it throw a fit when it was moved again just recently?
...Sunday 'moved'.

So "sunday" today, isn't the same "sunday" that the apostles, according to you, worshiped on? If that's the case then you're in just a big a mess as you're trying to put us in. :cool:

Upvote 0

JohnMarsten

Jul 18, 2011
✟9,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Thunder 88

Jan 5, 2012
Astral Plane
✟7,680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since the scriptures are clear that no other day was made as the day of worship except the seventh day, and the Commandments show this with unblinking clarity to Christians. If they are fully aware that Sunday worship is not ordained by God or anywhere in the Bible or given by Christ or the apostles, and with full knowledge continue to transgress what is shown to them from scripture, will God wink at it, lets look at scripture......

Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

It shows that God allows for mankinds ignorance, but we have Christians who are aware of the history of Sunday worship. Sunday was the established day of festival, a pagan day to the gods in the pagan world. Later, when these pagans professed Christianity, they gradually brought the practice of the pagan festivals on Sunday with them into the church, and the bishops looked the other way as long as they had 'converts' to show they were more influential or had more numbers than other bishops.

Now from scripture we see the people of the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, including Jesus Christ Himself (e.g. Luke 4:16), observed the Sabbath. No where in the Bible, including after Christ's resurrection, will you find people observing the first day of the week, Sunday, as a replacement for the Sabbath.

So if Christians, knowing that Sunday is not the Sabbath, and knowing the Commandments show what is transgression or iniquity/sin, and clearly show what day is the Sabbath, continue to transgress what God commands, what will happen to them when Christ comes...

Yes, it's all a just a joke, some kind of test, to see if we really love God or not.

How can you say you love your mom, your dear sweet mom, when you bring her flowers, gifts, and a cake the day after her birthday?

Sunday is just that, its the day after the Sabbath.

LOL

Upvote 0

Pythons

Feb 17, 2008
✟5,503.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnMarsten

Jul 18, 2011
✟9,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The same thing happened and it was for the same reason ( commerce )...
...Nothing revolutionary about it, it's just commerce.

See post 23 and following
http://www.christianforums.com/t7514819-3/

Thanks, I checked wikipedia and found out that the Jews have also certain rules and regulations regarding the sabbath... its amazing! This made me wonder about a possible sabbath day in heaven, does God still operate on a 24 hous basis, if so, when is sabbath there? I mean, it could even be possible that it involves all timelines without breaking that 24 hour rule, as all things are possible with God... I guess I have to look at the bigger picture, though...

I must admit I havent been worshipping at any SDA church for quite some time, and I have my doubts whether or nor the Sabbath is still valid today, as far as work is concerned, however, I do not work on Saturday. If I had to switch jobs I would still insist on having that day free... even admitting that I dont worship but since I was raised that way, and regarding possible doubts, I wouldnt feel comfortable with working on Saturday... never change a running system... ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

reddogs

Contributor
Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟418,416.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, it's all a just a joke, some kind of test, to see if we really love God or not.

How can you say you love your mom, your dear sweet mom, when you bring her flowers, gifts, and a cake the day after her birthday?

Sunday is just that, its the day after the Sabbath.

LOL
But what will they say when Christ who created it and wrote it in stone comes again...............'We didnt know'???

Upvote 0

ancienteon

Jan 13, 2012
✟15,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are a lot of posts so I did not read them all.

Going by the title "Will Sunday worship be the downfall of many Christians."

I think the downfall of people is and will be there own selfishness. Not specifically a day of worship. There is nothing wrong with being a Sunday worshiper (or even a Thursday worshiper) as long as you also abide by what God wants you to when it comes to The Sabbath.

Upvote 0
O

OntheDL

Which day will the Christians in "Samoa" be required to observe to avoid the Sunday Beast Marking?
...Given that the actual day has been 'moved', again.

Today Did Not Exist for Some Adventists | Spectrum Magazine

The sabbath commandment requires the observance of the 7th day of the week of biblical calendar. That hasn't been changed. And attending church on the day does not mean keeping it holy.

Furthermore, that would only be a dilemma for people who live in Samoa. That dilemma doesn't apply to 99.99% of earth population, right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pythons

Feb 17, 2008
✟5,503.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The sabbath commandment requires the observance of the 7th day of the week of biblical calendar. That hasn't been changed. And attending church on the day does not mean keeping it holy.

Furthermore, that would only be a dilemma for people who live in Samoa. That dilemma doesn't apply to 99.99% of earth population, right?

This is the reality of living on a "round planet"...
...There are a significant number of people who can see the other's land mass.
...Yet are a full 24 hours apart.

File:International date line.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prior to the split of the continent the people on the side Saturday hit first...
...Could have thrown stones at the people on the other side of the line.
...For breaking the sabbath.

Something tells me God would not have approved of such things.

Is there such a thing as geography being anti-sabbath?

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟418,416.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is the reality of living on a "round planet"...
...There are a significant number of people who can see the other's land mass.
...Yet are a full 24 hours apart.

File:International date line.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prior to the split of the continent the people on the side Saturday hit first...
...Could have thrown stones at the people on the other side of the line.
...For breaking the sabbath.

Something tells me God would not have approved of such things.

Is there such a thing as geography being anti-sabbath?
That is why God will judge at the end. He knows how followed what he asked out of love, and it is the desire to follow and faith in Christ which will be a deciding factor.

Upvote 0